Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AM
Feb 18, 2020

Apply yourself to these terms and concepts and you will gain knowledge that is presented in a very understandable way. Watch and rewatch the course videos and I promise it will all start making sense!

ME
Jul 31, 2020

i learned so much even after i took CCNA i had some vague points, but this course made thing clearer to me looking , it even made me interested to complete the whole google it support specialization .

301 - 325 of 7,516 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Abraham M

Oct 1, 2021

The Google IT Support Specialization course is one big and straight question: Do you wish to work in the IT Support industry?. The answer to the questions, regardless of it, is going through this course. The users will have a clear answer and will be wiser in such way they can make a better decision on their next carrier step. Very well done Google.

By Charles B

Dec 22, 2020

This was a very challenging course. Networking, networking systems, troubleshooting networks, anatomy of a network were covered by this course. It really made me work and think about the concepts and subject matter a bit more deeply. Overall, I enjoyed taking the course. I am looking forward to more challenging courses to come.

By Joel G

Mar 7, 2021

This course is amazing! Though it really is technical in nature but how this course was outlined really made it easy to go through. Every new course gives out valuable learning and I love how the quizzes as well as the graded assessments are set up. I am so happy to finally completed this course! Now, on with the next module! :)

By Denis V

Feb 8, 2018

Huge amount of material for those who start from scratch. But all way through the course an instructor was explaining the material in a way that you understand the whole picture of networking. I probably have to look again through some material parts or study some additionally, but I would definenetely rate this course a 5 stars.

By Nabeel H

Apr 27, 2021

Very informative course networking systems, protocols, and devices like IP, TCP, DHCP, DNS, routers, IPV4/6, TCP 5 layer, wireless networking.

It can be a bit technical but if you can just copy important bits of info from transcript and save to a notes app or within coursera, then you can better comprehend the material as i did

By SM

Aug 10, 2020

The course teaches a lot, and teaches it well. It's like taking a college course at a very good university. I will be taking the A+ core 1 and 2 later this year. This isn't a review class for A+ but it is like a great companion course of study - to really understand networking from all layers and in a variety of implementations.

By Keirra L

Dec 9, 2020

Every time I start a new course I always worry that I won't grasps the concepts, or that I will lose interest in the material I am learning, but Google's course is inviting, fun and always pushes me to move forward in my studies. I absolutely enjoy every moment I spend staring at my computer, and am always eager to learn more!

By S J M S

Jul 13, 2020

Very DEEP course had some browser glitches and I had to retake several test over and over because some low scores cached in my browser (Chrome). When I finally figured this out it cost me several days. I finished the course in about 1 week (not 6 weeks), but it could have been less. I finished other NON-IT courses in 2-3 days.

By Aster M

Really LOVE how things are being covered. Though this is my first networking course that I have taken, it's really easy to grasp and the concepts with the analogies are perfect for beginners like me. I really enjoyed it. From now on, I will further my knowledge from this course and take it further into my career. Thank you. (:

By Dani R

Jun 24, 2020

Very exciting!!! This course is not very practical, it's mostly theory, but all these information is extremely important to understand what actually you are doing in a network and why. I'm grateful for having such good teacher, because most things were pretty technical, but Victor managed to keep it exciting, and interesting.

By Helen D

Apr 8, 2018

It was an amazing experience. I had an idea of how networks functioned but no idea that the transmission of a single 8 bit datagram was so complex to send. It is amazing that it happens in the blink of an eye, over and over again. I learned so much more beyond that but, that it was I found most interesting. I loved the class!

By Mary-Love T

Apr 23, 2021

Okay, honestly, I hated this course, cuz its complex to me, but the Instructor made it absolutely bearable, with his smiles and puns and all. I learnt a whole lot anyways, but I guess more practicals would be better, or maybe I guess not since it is a complex course. Thorough material, well done Google! And thank you Victor!

By Can E

Nov 16, 2020

This was a big step to dive into IT field and all the technical terms we covered in this course, are actually somehow familiar to many of us probably but I did not know what they all mean and knowing the fact that so many things happen behind the doors whilst solely sending a picture, video etc. to a friend, feels amazing!!!

By Scott C

Mar 14, 2019

Great course, but what's even greater is the fact that I got it completed! Super excited to get even closer to my certification and this course was actually pretty fun and very educational. It really took a deep dive into the crazy and complex world of networking. Very informative. Google and Coursera got this one right!

By Shanen T K

Oct 8, 2020

Challenging and Informative. I as somebody really into IT though no formal learning path, this course challenged and tested my knowledge heavily. I expected this would be one of those "easy ones" with probably more focus on just mainstream basics, but it turned out to be way better and vast and I enjoyed being challenged.

By Vishnu M K

Sep 14, 2019

Very good course which covered things like how it would be like working in a company/real world.

Instructors are worth and i especially admire the additional reading materials they had shared during course.

Very well structured and passionately crafted course, must have one for students opting SYS ADMIN/IT SUPPORT ROLES....

By Fabio D

Sep 19, 2021

This course helped solidfy my knowledge on general networking and how the internet really works. Even though it is an introductory course, there is a lot here to learn and I certainly learned many new commands in Linux and Windows. I also learned the basics of IP addressing and I learned how to compress IPv6 addressess.

By Mizanur R M

May 9, 2021

The course "The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking" is fully excellent. It helped me a lot to explore my knowledge about networking and the tech behind it. I would like to say thanks from the heart core to all instruction and the developer who worked hard to fulfill the course standard and made itself a unique course.

By Aurel D D

Apr 22, 2018

I learned a LOT from this course and it was very challenging. I was not challenged as much by the first course (to be expected) and was relieved to found out how challenging this certification is going to become. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn about networking. Looking forward to the next one!

By patrick l

Jun 8, 2021

Awesome course. More in-depth than the first intro course of the series, but only because there's just a lot of facts to know. Otherwise, it's well structured, and easy to absorb with the instructor's clear presentation. I highly recommend this course to anyone that is considering taking it. Take it, you'll learn a lot!

By Rodrigo A

Jun 2, 2021

Very good course.

The IPv6 summarizing address was a little annoying... because: (a) it was 10 instances and was tedious and repetitive,

and (b) copy of the question to a text editor for quick summarizations, failed on the Paste, only pasted partially and could not add to it.

This part took too much time for the benefit.

By John D

Apr 21, 2021

This course is a great in-depth look into Computer Networking. It really dives in and explains every aspect of networks, what they are, what are the components that make up a connection. data transfer and so much more. It seems like a lot of data to process, which it is, but the layout of the course helps along the way.

By ANDRÉS B L A

Jul 28, 2020

I have some background in networking, this course is very well constructed and serve me great as a refesher of some of the building blocks of networking and even taught me some new things like the diferents command line tools to troubleshoot networks that i never heard about and will surely serve me in my future carrer.

By J. C

May 14, 2020

Very informative course that truly helped me learn deeper skills in my field. While challenging and at times difficult it was absolutely worth it. I appreciate all of the individuals who participated in creating this course. I know it took a lot of time and you did a great job explaining it in an easy to understand way.

By Michael H

May 2, 2020

Since I graduated from ITT Technical Institute in 1988 I have been dealing with computers then after that I started troubleshooting networking learning along the way, I then saw your course on the coursera wedsite and I'm glad I did because it is a VERY GOOD course and I'm agoing to try to get the main certificate.