Back to Construction Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Finance by Columbia University

The final course of the specialization expands the knowledge of a construction project manager to include an understanding of economics and the mathematics of money, an essential component of every construction project. Topics covered include the time value of money, the definition and calculation of the types of interest rates, and the importance of Cash Flow Diagrams....

DG
Sep 4, 2018

Great course that helped understand financing throughout construction. I'm an attorney who recently joined a housing developer, and this course really assisted my understanding of the industry.

LG
Jan 6, 2019

The course was both challenging and informative. I found most of what I learned in this course will be applied going forward. I took this course as a goal through my employer.

101 - 125 of 147 Reviews for Construction Finance

May 6, 2020

V

By Siying R

Jan 28, 2019

The teacher speaking for project finance explains the construction finance in a good detail. He provides spreadsheets and case study to explain. I think that's very practical and helpful. I also like the teacher who speaks for the lean method. He build a good structure of the the knowledge points. The course has open the door for me to further research and study the subject.

By Damian O A

Aug 2, 2020

Starting the course with Mathematics of money with an understanding of Projects NPV to the promoters and IRR to the fund providers gives one a clear understanding of the key objectives of Construction Finance. The emphasis on understanding risk and sharing of project risks as a driver of Public Private Partnership succinctly framed a key learning point for me.

By Victor E Q G

Nov 4, 2017

Cada paso esta bien explicado, los profesores cuentan con una basta experiencia y se ve reflejada en sus clases. Se realizan ejercicios para poder entender todos los conceptos. El curso exige un compromiso en cuanto tiempo y concentración para poder aprovechar todos los conceptos que se están enseñando.

By M. A

Apr 17, 2020

Interesting course overall, I would like to have understood more about the risk and the Lean Method and how it applies. I would have also liked an assignment to keep it more challenging and not just quizzes. But overall you have met my COS :). good luck!

By Daniel E S

Nov 9, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised at how in-depth the subject matter of this course. I was expecting a course that would talk only about cost control, but instead many concepts in construction and real estate development financing were covered.