Back to Construction Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Finance by Columbia University

The final course of the specialization expands the knowledge of a construction project manager to include an understanding of economics and the mathematics of money, an essential component of every construction project. Topics covered include the time value of money, the definition and calculation of the types of interest rates, and the importance of Cash Flow Diagrams....

DG
Sep 4, 2018

Great course that helped understand financing throughout construction. I'm an attorney who recently joined a housing developer, and this course really assisted my understanding of the industry.

LG
Jan 6, 2019

The course was both challenging and informative. I found most of what I learned in this course will be applied going forward. I took this course as a goal through my employer.

126 - 149 of 149 Reviews for Construction Finance

By Daniel E S

Nov 9, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised at how in-depth the subject matter of this course. I was expecting a course that would talk only about cost control, but instead many concepts in construction and real estate development financing were covered.

By Ruben F

Apr 29, 2020

The course have a good teachers and great contenido, but I suggest give more examples relacione to structuring financi and modeling. really this course its very basic with a lot of teory and poor practice.

By greg a

Aug 18, 2017

Need to make sure peer graded projects are given the answers first so that correct answers are not being rejected by people with incorrect answers.

By Said A H

Jul 25, 2020

Very informative course, I recommend to all those people who love to start a new career or familiarize themselves with the construction industry.

By Trevor M

Dec 27, 2020

The course has been great and very enlightening. As a construction professional I have learnt great tips. Very concise course.

By Juan P C

Oct 16, 2017

Good content, however it is very very introductory level. If you already have experience in this sector I don´t recommend it .

By Adewale O

Quite rigorous but truly educative and surely would help advance the practice of Construction management.

By Jorge J L

May 6, 2017

Great course, very thorough , rigorous and engaging. Found this one to be quite tough.

By gugan8685

I got a confidence from this to prove my project management thanks to Coursera

By Eesh K T

Jul 3, 2020

Must include more practice question in quiz/assignment

By Y L

Mar 18, 2018

could be more challenging. but teachers are great!

By Eduardo C

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent course! Well done.

By irshad m

Jul 31, 2017

T

By Saeed N

Apr 7, 2021

The sound quality for guests is not good, and I have some trouble to hear them. But the content of the course itself was fascinating.

By Francisco P G

Extremely theoretical. Lack of numbers and more case studies

By Georges B

Apr 2, 2017

Quizzes are not challenging enough

By Akash K

Jun 9, 2021

it was a good course but unlike the other courses, I felt that this course is somewhat incomplete and lack of details. some modules where were partly represented like module 1 and 2. but I hope this will get update. I think educators were in a little bit of hurry for this course to be uploaded. but overall very good experience.

By Adriano P D V

Jul 23, 2020

Muy por debajo de la calidad de los otros modulos. no me senti conforme con lo aprendido. Incluyen docentes que mas se encargan de vender sus libros que de mejorar su clase.

Sin embargo como en módulos anteriores PHD SPata haciendo gala de su maravilloso manejo del LEAN, el ultimo modulo es lo mejor de este curso.

By Zvi T

Sep 7, 2017

The Specialization series start s out really well, with great real-life examples, up-to-date information and energetic, engaging instructors. Unfortunately, all these fantastic qualities are not carried throughout all the courses to the end of the Specialization. All is not lost. considering that 3/4 of the specialization is a fantastic resource.

By Lou P

May 6, 2020

Awful. Instructors can't keep their politics out of the classroom. Can't keep from constantly advertising too. Typos and wrong answers. Next to impossible to find the answers to quizzes well hidden, or not there at all, in the hours and hours of videos.

By Vladimir V C

Jan 24, 2019

It is terrible that the slides are not available for the students to download. This is a paid course, come on!!