Back to Construction Project Management

Construction Project Management, Columbia University

About this Course

Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry. Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors. Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure....

By JJ

Dec 10, 2016

Great course and right examples and very detail explanation of fundamentals, in my opinion being clear in fundamental of subject would be easier to get mastered. This course provided that to me.

By AM

Jan 15, 2018

I had a great time learning about Construction and Project Management, all the modules were awesome. My personal favorite: Tech Trends. I hope you learn as much as I did, totally recommend this.

374 Reviews

By Murad Hossain

Mar 24, 2019

Informative and easy no understand.

By Alfred evans

Mar 21, 2019

Covers the subjects in good detail. I appreciate having instruction from people actively working in the industry. They were able to provide real world insight into the subjects being covered. The in-course quizes were a good check on knowledge retention. however, the instructions on the projects at the end of the course are unclear and do not reflect the vocabulary used in the videos.

By Salloum Alsalloum

Mar 19, 2019

I have inserted to much , I have learned , I am So happy because you as mother open her hands to her son , thank you very much

By Alonso de Oliveira Mello

Mar 18, 2019

It's a very comprehensive course, even for people from other fields. If you want an overview from the Construction Industry, this course is highly recommended to you.

By Anil Ravaji Kadam

Mar 17, 2019

Good course lot of learning in properly prepared lectures with good visual description

By Gerardo Báez Tino

Mar 15, 2019

excelent course

By Kat McReynolds

Mar 15, 2019

This course provides very academic information on project management, which I appreciate. I would have benefitted from more real-world examples peppered throughout, but overall it is very informative and covers a broad range of topics.

By Rab Nawaz Khan

Mar 03, 2019

This is the most important course for those civil engineer who work as a site engineer in the construction field because it explains all about the construction process. Thanks for providing me this great opportunity to done this course.

By Erjon Peshkepia

Mar 02, 2019

Very helpful!

By Chijioke Obihara

Mar 01, 2019

Very rigorous process yet very fulfilling and the in-structures are very exposed and experienced in their career and are passionate about what they know and do best which they were able to deliver on point.