Back to Construction Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Project Management by Columbia University

Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry. Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors. Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure....

DC
Jul 20, 2020

I thought it was a great intro coming from my Architecture background and looking forward to the other classes. I did think the information was occasionally repetitive but overall it had a great flow.

Sep 19, 2020

Thank You, Coursera for the course . Its an honor and grateful to gain knowledge and skill from you. This helps me to alleviate the management and planning skills and to attend more courses from you.

1 - 25 of 902 Reviews for Construction Project Management

By Ashish T

Jan 14, 2019

The course is well-divided and very well taught by all the teachers. The best part is the lecture material that we can download, though it was available for half the lectures only. It was a neat course, with relevant questions in the quiz and straight forward assignments. The interface and the system works very smoothly thumbs up to that! I enjoyed the BIM, Scheduling and WBS/Job logic the most.Thank you for the course coursera team.

By Agnei M

Jan 15, 2018

I had a great time learning about Construction and Project Management, all the modules were awesome. My personal favorite: Tech Trends. I hope you learn as much as I did, totally recommend this.

By Ahmed M M A G E

Feb 17, 2019

This is an amazing course professor Ibrahim Odeh placed a lot of effort in this material .

as a student of construction engineering specializing in project management this course really helped me a lot i developed a new perspective for the whole process and it definitely increased my experience .

thanks to all those who participated in such amazing course.

By IPS S

Oct 30, 2016

Gives you a good overview of Construction Management. Good selection of instructors and they know what they are talking about. Organizes course material in a very defined and systematic way.

By Maria S

Nov 19, 2018

Excellent! Highly recommend for both beginners and construction professionals who want to learn about project management in construction.

By Mayur K

Aug 3, 2019

The course is too good in which I have learnt construction management technologies, contracts, bonds, activities involved in it and many more. Thankful for such good course made available for all.

By Jegadeeswaran.R

Dec 9, 2016

Great course and right examples and very detail explanation of fundamentals, in my opinion being clear in fundamental of subject would be easier to get mastered. This course provided that to me.

By Darryl J

Nov 20, 2018

If you are interested in Construction / Project Management , this is a great course to take to inform your understanding of the processes associated with managing a project.

By Stirling M

Jun 10, 2019

Great course to get an overview of the construction industry and what to expect moving forward. Also learned new skills and the mind set of industry leaders.

By Teresa D

May 24, 2019

This was a very informative course. My only suggestion is that the grading rubric and specifics for peer graded assignments should be made available prior to submission. Also would like to know what protocol is when students submit work for review that they cut and pasted from the web.

By Sam T

Nov 25, 2018

The videos were good but I found the projects to basically be busy work which didn't enforce important concepts at all. But the videos and the slide shows were good enough to make up for it.

By MOHAMED S A A S

Jul 4, 2019

Dears.

It 's an honor for me to study this most gorgeous course

And it is my pleasure to be between you for the duration of the course. Thank you for your constructive efforts. I also pray to God to increase your bounty

With thanks and appreciation

Engineer . Mohamed Saad Salem

By Roberio S

Dec 4, 2018

This first module gave me some really good insights about the construction management industry. It also introduced me to some of the best industry professionals. I highly recommend it!

By ADEMIR G D S

Apr 30, 2019

I recommend this Columbia University course, Construction Project Management.

By EDU J C H

Jun 13, 2019

Excelente curso, bases para una buena programacion de proyectos

By Girish

Jun 7, 2019

Excellent course in Project Management

By Daniel A

Nov 14, 2016

As I'm not a Construction Manager or Project Manager, I'm an owner for my first housing project. I've found the course to be just what I needed covering the basics ang slowly getting more in depth.

By ENGDAW A W

Apr 21, 2019

The lecture points are brief, real, and attractive during the course. The discussions and peer graded assignments also worth me great understanding about construction management.

Thanks

By Terron J D

May 13, 2019

This is an excellent course! I have learned very valuable and powerful techniques, tools and principals that I can utilize in the work force. Thank you for this genuine opportunity.

By Nick C

May 14, 2019

Was a great course for an introduction into construction management, and a great way for someone looking to transfer into a new career to learn the skills necessary

By ahmad

Jun 4, 2019

It was not just like learning management and so, but also it enhances the feeling of good planning and healthy management.

By Alvaro A E R

May 27, 2019

It was an excellent course! Continue providing more courses from other branches with the same quality.

By BALAJI M

May 29, 2019

Great Course for enriching my professional and personal success joourney.

Thanks Coursera.

By Eduardo H M

Apr 17, 2019

Great opportunity to grow in your career! Thanks

By VIGNESH P