Back to Construction Project Management

Construction Project Management, Columbia University

About this Course

Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry. Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors. Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure....

By AM

Jan 15, 2018

I had a great time learning about Construction and Project Management, all the modules were awesome. My personal favorite: Tech Trends. I hope you learn as much as I did, totally recommend this.

By JJ

Dec 10, 2016

Great course and right examples and very detail explanation of fundamentals, in my opinion being clear in fundamental of subject would be easier to get mastered. This course provided that to me.

330 Reviews

By Pamela Montserrat Robles Franco

Dec 13, 2018

Aprendí y pude poner a prueba mis conocimientos

By Roberio Santana

Dec 04, 2018

This first module gave me some really good insights about the construction management industry. It also introduced me to some of the best industry professionals. I highly recommend it!

By justin vogelsong

Dec 01, 2018

easy to follow along but assignments need more details or at least a spot to discuss with teacher before turning it in. glad I passed.

By khalil Hamzeh

Nov 28, 2018

Great Course

By Rasul Quliyev

Nov 27, 2018

i like it

By Sam Taylor

Nov 25, 2018

The videos were good but I found the projects to basically be busy work which didn't enforce important concepts at all. But the videos and the slide shows were good enough to make up for it.

By Atta ul haq

Nov 24, 2018

it really helps me for improve my skills and knowledge

By workneh etecha

Nov 23, 2018

It's good course.

By Darryl Jackson

Nov 20, 2018

If you are interested in Construction / Project Management , this is a great course to take to inform your understanding of the processes associated with managing a project.

By Maria Salmi

Nov 19, 2018

Excellent! Highly recommend for both beginners and construction professionals who want to learn about project management in construction.