Back to Construction Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Project Management by Columbia University

Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry. Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors. Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure....

DC

Jul 21, 2020

I thought it was a great intro coming from my Architecture background and looking forward to the other classes. I did think the information was occasionally repetitive but overall it had a great flow.

SC

Apr 20, 2020

Excellent course for Construction Managers in Training. Gives you integral highlights on every area. Also update the technological tool to increase efficiency on the activities involved in projects.

76 - 100 of 831 Reviews for Construction Project Management

By Trinatha

Jul 22, 2020

This course definitely helpful for practicing Engineers in middle management level. I thoroughly enjoyed the course content. I am truly obliged to the faculties and the institution to bring this master piece yet simple module for construction Project Managers.

With Kind Regards,

Er. Trinatha Behera, Works Department, Govt of Odisha, INDIA.

By Ezra M B

Feb 23, 2019

Very good introduction and detailed instruction into the world of real estate project management. I learned a good deal of new of information about WBS, Contract Types, Scheduling, BIM, Surety Bonds, Delivery Methods, Job Logic Diagraming and other important subject matters to professionally manage small and large and scale projects.

By Saurabh T

Apr 08, 2020

This course given me a new direction to my career, the various specialized instructors of CPM course depending on the course topic is the key factor that's make the whole learning methodology unique and interesting.

Thanks to Columbia university Team, Coursera Team and my special thanks to Mr. Ibrahim Odeh.

Ar. Saurabh Trivedi

By robin r

Mar 22, 2020

A great introduction to construction management. Covers every topics in as much detail as they could in such a short time. It's needed to take the other courses of construction specialization to get practical knowledge.

Great teachers, each of them specialize in a subject and discuss their topics in detail and with enthusiasm.

By Jeffrey B P

Jun 12, 2017

Great course to learn processes and the management tools and controls used in the construction field. Course features guest instructors from top development and engineering firms. I highly recommend it to all my friends that work in the built environment. Thank you kindly to Odeh for his hard work in coordinating the course.

By Mark J

Dec 15, 2017

The Construction Project Management course was very well put together and informative.

There is a lot of information that covers a broad spectrum of Project Management.

How Coursera handles their web site and peer reviews leaves a lot to be desired. Very difficult to maneuver through the class reviews and forums etc.

By Martyna B

May 01, 2017

It is so far the most demanding of Coursera courses I have done, but very worthwhile; the breadth of knowledge is immense. Only one or two changes could be made to make it more palatable - one half module is very US-centric, and the last week is very full in coursework, which makes it extremely hard to complete.

By Dinesh M T

May 08, 2020

Good morning !!!

Overall it was an excellent experience to attend, review, participate in examination & getting the satisfactory grades from Coursera.Org.

I am very glad to complete this online course & receiving the course completion certificate.

Thank you very much & best wishes to Coursera.Org.

Thank you !!!

By ELEMUWA E

Jul 14, 2020

I have no regret applying for this course via the coursera scholarship, I got the scholarship and the construction project management was a major eye opener in the construction industry. i gained skill in project planning and scheduling, construction management and project management...Thank you @coursera

By Mujtaba A

Feb 04, 2019

I have learnt Project Management in My University Education. But After attending this course, I feel a big change in myself. Course content is Excellent and Teaching method is best. I recommend this course to all Project Management Learners. I also want to Thank this Platform Coursera for their effort .

By IRAKIZA S A

Apr 29, 2020

This is a very interesting course that I can advice every young civil engineer to take, it facilitate you to have an insight on the main technical skills of a project manager and what is very interesting is you can study this on your personal schedule. Thank you so much coursera and Columbia University

By Julio O

Jul 08, 2020

It is a remarkable course, taught by excellent professionals in a comprehensive and interesting delivery.

I like the fact that there were several specialists in all the different topic areas and that the lectures and videos are succinct and interesting.

Thank you to the University and everyone involved.

By Victor E

Jan 15, 2018

An excellent intro and overview of construction project management. My goal was to find a disciplined and rigorous avenue to help me decide if this was a viable professional path for me to pursue. Professor Odeh and the entire faculty of practicing and experienced professionals delivered big time.

By Suyog P

May 06, 2018

This course is definitely a wonderful resource for learning, reviewing, and discussing academia. It comes bundled with multiple different resources and a Forum where classmates can ask one another for clarification of points discussed in the video and create study groups to review and learn.

By Matthew M

Aug 06, 2018

I enjoyed the course. Not only the parts about construction management principles, but the guest speakers had some interesting backgrounds and gave some perspective on tangential topics like lean processes and sustainability in construction, so I got some other areas to study as a bonus.

By Giancarlo F

May 01, 2020

Es una especializacion bastante interesante, tiene muchos componentes de la construccion en USA que pasan por desapercibidos y que estan trending hoy en dia. Lo recomiendo para profesionalizarce en el area y para poder tener un mejor manejo en las responsabilidades de Manejo de obras.

By alessandro g

Apr 13, 2020

As an introductoury course it's very valuable to get a glimpse all around the CM issues. To deepen knowledges other courses in the same specialization are strickly recommended. It's very recommended a preliminary knowledge about basical issues in Project Management (PMI or similar).

By MAHMOUD A A A N

Feb 09, 2018

It was hard on me to understand every word but also it was from my appreciation to join and take the advantage this important and excellent course that have the overview of the construction project management from A to Z, I hope to every learner to take the knowledge of this course.

By Artavazd M

Jun 23, 2020

This course has given me significant insights into technologies and methodologies used in construction industry. As a builder I definitely increased my qualifications and will keep learning as much as I can. Thank you to all speakers who put time and effort into preparing lectures.

By huss k

Jul 11, 2019

It is an amazing course which helps professionals mostly working in construction industry and in project area as well. the Instructor are capable of expressing what they have observed on the actual working area so it is more of practical and helps much to implement on the ground.

By Arafat A

Aug 22, 2017

This course was very good for a beginner course. There are a lot of basics. But I think some of the explanation and concepts contradict each other as same thing has been taught by different teachers. Overall a nice course for the starting of your construction management profile.

By Wajid A P

Nov 12, 2018

First of all, i want to thanks Columbia University and coursera who provide this opportunity.

it is helpful in the field of construction management. How to manage project. Furthermore, The new technique building information modelling (BIM) is very useful regarding the modeling.

By shanmuga r

Dec 20, 2019

Excellent course content!!Awesome coverage of all aspects of construction project management's theoritical aspects.The freshers can get deep insight and the experienced can easily correlate the contents with their work experience and can sharpen their knowledge and skills.

By Cynthia A R

Jun 20, 2017

I had a lot of learnings and enlightenment on the modules. It was very well presented and easy to understand. To sometimes, the test questions for non English person, I got confused on the structuring of the sentences. Other than that, everything is fantastic! Thank you.

By REY E Q U

Thank Columbia University, Dr. Ibrahim Ode and all other lecturers. The knowledge imparted increased my understanding of our profession. The topics discussed are very much appreciated in terms of applicability and practicability. Salute to everyone... Salute to Coursera.