Back to Construction Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Project Management by Columbia University

Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry. Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors. Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure....

DC

Jul 21, 2020

I thought it was a great intro coming from my Architecture background and looking forward to the other classes. I did think the information was occasionally repetitive but overall it had a great flow.

Sep 20, 2020

Thank You, Coursera for the course . Its an honor and grateful to gain knowledge and skill from you. This helps me to alleviate the management and planning skills and to attend more courses from you.

101 - 125 of 857 Reviews for Construction Project Management

By Arafat A

Aug 22, 2017

This course was very good for a beginner course. There are a lot of basics. But I think some of the explanation and concepts contradict each other as same thing has been taught by different teachers. Overall a nice course for the starting of your construction management profile.

By Wajid A P

Nov 12, 2018

First of all, i want to thanks Columbia University and coursera who provide this opportunity.

it is helpful in the field of construction management. How to manage project. Furthermore, The new technique building information modelling (BIM) is very useful regarding the modeling.

By shanmuga r

Dec 20, 2019

Excellent course content!!Awesome coverage of all aspects of construction project management's theoritical aspects.The freshers can get deep insight and the experienced can easily correlate the contents with their work experience and can sharpen their knowledge and skills.

By Cynthia A R

Jun 20, 2017

I had a lot of learnings and enlightenment on the modules. It was very well presented and easy to understand. To sometimes, the test questions for non English person, I got confused on the structuring of the sentences. Other than that, everything is fantastic! Thank you.

By REY E Q U

Thank Columbia University, Dr. Ibrahim Ode and all other lecturers. The knowledge imparted increased my understanding of our profession. The topics discussed are very much appreciated in terms of applicability and practicability. Salute to everyone... Salute to Coursera.

By Diego K V

Jul 15, 2019

This course was much more demanding and deep than I had anticipated. What a pleasant surprise. I thank professor Ibrahim Odeh for the material and I truly recommend this course for everyone that either pursues to "refresh" their ideas on the industry or to start anew.

By Khalid

Aug 29, 2020

It is a very beneficial course, which gives a great foundation to the construction management field. Believe me, all the modules are better than the other one. I encourage anybody who is interested in construction management to take the course without any hesitation.

By A. M S

Jul 02, 2020

I'm in my 8 years working in Construction Project Management as a Superintendent and some time project manager but i learnt so lot in this courses, i never thought it was part of my daily work. Thanks for all this ressources that will help me became smarter at work.

By Alex P M

Nov 30, 2016

Estimado Prof. Ibrahim Odeh

Felicitarlo por la iniciativa de desarrollar un curso tan bueno. Es de mucha utilidad para las personas que estamos inmersos en el mundo de la construcción. Nos presenta nuevos concepto que son muy prácticos.

Cordialmente

Alex Paliza Morales

By Adejobi A

I find this course interesting and easy to understand for anyone who has been in a construction project as it broadens your thinking beyond your previous views on construction projects.

I recommend this course to every professional in the construction industry.

By David T

Mar 03, 2020

Broad spectrum of information yet precise layout of fundamentals of project/construction management that will certainly help you in any project you may partake in. Well-balanced course that is rigorous but not stressful to complete, for which a special thanks.

By Cian G

Jun 08, 2020

I found the course context very easy to understand, across all presenters. Industry relative input was comprehensive while concise. The assignments tested all aspects of the lecture material. The note-taking system assisted greatly in reflection and study.

By Alonso A S

Jul 09, 2020

The course is an excellent starting point for people aspiring to increase their skills in construction management. The contents are presented clearly, and by accomplished professionals in the area which enhances the credibility of its real-life applications.

By Zülgayir Y

Sep 15, 2018

Thanks to the dedicated and knowledgeable teachers, we received valuable information. Every detail is reflected in the lessons and is noticed. Labor knowledge and everything you send us

Thank you for your continued success.

Best regards

Zülgayir YILMAZ

By DANIEL P T

Feb 26, 2018

Must take to learn more on construction management. Gives a really good insight into real world scenario and ho to become a good manager both to the company and its employees. Taught by world renown professionals in the construction field and professors.

By Nayef N N O

Sep 13, 2019

Perfect Course, many of the essential topics in construction industry have been addressed, I wish that you can touch more on the the integration between Lean, BIM and Project Delivery methods, in which more discussion about the challenges and solutions

By Chiranjit M

Apr 12, 2020

It was a great experience to have a course like this. We should not bound our-self within a bachelors degree itself. This course has taught me a lot & i am thankful to all the professors & Columbia University & Coursera for providing me this platform.

By Richard S

Jun 14, 2017

Just a wonderful course, I love the presentations. The content is well delivered and understood, the discussion forums and ability to bounce ideas off your fellow classmates is wonderful. The ease of access and ability to learn while on the go is very

By Elis L M M

Apr 11, 2017

Very interesting course. I would reccomend it to everyone. The only thing that was not so useful for me were modules which are very specific such as Bonds. However, these might be useful in the future, for we dont only work where we live.

Great course!

By pakizasiddiqui

Nov 28, 2017

I love the course and coursera. Thank you so much coursera and its team for supporting me. Everything from lecture videos to quizes, assignments and especially reviewing the assignments are tooo good and well organised. Thank u so much Odeh sir!!!

By ratan d

This course helped me a lot to understand the construction industry and challenges, opportunities involved in it. I would further like to do courses like these to enhance my knowledge and stand out from other people. Thanks a lot for this course.

By Rodney S

Oct 14, 2019

I am a construction professional and I took this course as a refresher. It was a very good course given by seasoned industry professionals. I would recommend to anyone that wants to get a good overview of the construction management process.

By Shane J

Jun 19, 2020

I found this course to be very informative and educational. The Lecturers were very knowledgeable and easy to understand. I especially like the last few exercises where we had to "get our hands dirty" and actually do some planning. Well done!

By Farrukh M

Apr 21, 2020

it is so experimental, so knowledgeable, good explanations with real skilled personnel, I like all the lectures and articles which was taught from real experiences... I liked all the moment of this course, and this taught me many things...

By Cliford F

Dec 13, 2016

Clear and understandable. This course showed me how to plan with professional notation and how to schedule any activity, not only related to construction project management but in also we could apply the in any type of project management.