Back to American Contract Law I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for American Contract Law I by Yale University

American Contract Law I (along with its sister course Contracts II) provides a comprehensive overview of contract law in the United States. The course covers most of the key concepts found in a first year law school class. Each lecture is based on one or more common-law cases, integrating legal doctrines with policy discussions. The course also covers key sections from the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), which governs the sale of goods. By the end of the course, the learner should be able to understand: Formation: how a valid and enforceable contract is created, including concepts such as offer, acceptance, consideration, and promissory estoppel....

AH

May 03, 2019

This course is an interesting, entertaining, and informative introduction to the prerequisites to contracting. I really enjoyed it and look forward to building on the foundation it provides.

EE

Apr 07, 2019

Very informative and basic knowledge of the American Legal system, a 'bit' different from the Code Napoleon. Enjoyed learning your course which I highly recommended.

26 - 35 of 35 Reviews for American Contract Law I

By Caroline D

Jul 25, 2019

Extremely informative introduction to American contract law through case law.

By Karl B

Sep 13, 2019

loved it cant wait to start Contract law 2

By Simon H G

Sep 17, 2019

Amazing course, full of in-depth information, loved it.

By Khandice B

Sep 19, 2019

I enjoyed the course and the professor's lecture style. He made the course very engaging. I hope to see him at Contract II.

By John T

May 04, 2019

Good explanations. Progression of course made sense. The in video quizzes, post lesson quizzes, and mastery tests were helpful in reinforcing the learning. Being able to download the readings was also helpful to follow along with the video lectures.

By 张兵

May 06, 2019

very good

By Sylvanius B

Apr 01, 2019

I am suspicious of your test. They re not always truthful.