Back to American Contract Law I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for American Contract Law I by Yale University

American Contract Law I (along with its sister course Contracts II) provides a comprehensive overview of contract law in the United States. The course covers most of the key concepts found in a first year law school class. Each lecture is based on one or more common-law cases, integrating legal doctrines with policy discussions. The course also covers key sections from the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), which governs the sale of goods. By the end of the course, the learner should be able to understand: Formation: how a valid and enforceable contract is created, including concepts such as offer, acceptance, consideration, and promissory estoppel....

AH

May 2, 2019

This course is an interesting, entertaining, and informative introduction to the prerequisites to contracting. I really enjoyed it and look forward to building on the foundation it provides.

PE

Dec 9, 2019

An outstanding introduction with a very engaging instructor! This course made me think, and it made me come to terms with the legal underpinning of contract law. Completely worth my time.

76 - 100 of 189 Reviews for American Contract Law I

By Rosa T

Jun 6, 2021

The best quality course I have taken on coursera thus far. Really great for business professionals.

By Gabriela R E

Nov 20, 2020

This course is an incredible opportunity to learn the basics of contract law under US regulation.

By Dr. B

Jun 7, 2020

This was an excellent course. I can readily apply the knowledge gathered. Thanks Professor Ayers.

By Jorge P V B

Excelente opción para dar los primeros pasos en entender el sistema contractual estadounidense

By gowtham t

May 12, 2020

I found the entire course very interesting and would not say anyone part was least valuable.

By Farah P

Aug 18, 2020

This was an excellent class that was very informative. I will be taking the second section.

By Cherishma J R

Nov 1, 2020

Thanks Professor Ian. You always make complicated subjects/themes seem not so complicated!

By Naomi-Denise O

Mar 10, 2021

Absolutely loved the course! The videos were interesting and contained great information.

By MATHEUS C L

Nov 14, 2019

Great course, the instructor was easy to understand, and the material was well-selected.

By Atul

Apr 19, 2020

very engaging, informative and enjoyable lectures, mashallah. Thanks to the instructor.

By David G

Jun 25, 2020

Very interesting class. Really enjoyed it and it is quite helpful in my current role.

By Eduardo S

Nov 21, 2020

Exelente curso, aprendes mucho con los casos que exponen, son ejemplos muy sencillos

By JESSICA H

Nov 9, 2019

Excellent overview of American Contract Law! I highly recommend this Yale course!

By Yusif G

Jul 29, 2021

excellent platform to become familiar with fundamentals of American Contract law

By Furkan B

Sep 15, 2021

It was a very efficient program to educate yourself in Common Law of Contracts

By Rosa M A

Dec 5, 2019

I have learned so much in this course. I like the format and reading material.

May 8, 2019

Very interesting. Enjoyable. Crystal clear explanations. EXCELLENT! Thank you.

By James N B

Jun 27, 2020

Great course! I learned a ton from reading the cases and watching the videos.

By Care E

Jul 25, 2019

Extremely informative introduction to American contract law through case law.

By Santiago F C R

May 5, 2020

lenguaje muy tecnico para alguien extranjero, pero factible al fin y al cabo

By Bonnie C

Nov 28, 2020

Excellent!! Wonderful course. Thank you so much for offering this class.

By Charles C

Jan 20, 2020

This is an extremely sound overview of contract law for newbies like me

By Vagif K

Dec 20, 2019

Professor explains and discloses the essence of the issue perfectly

By Chyrkin D

Nov 8, 2019

Thank you very much for this course. Very interesting and helpful!

By Rawaa M

Jul 29, 2022

I benefited very much and the presentation was great, thank you