Back to Copyright for Multimedia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright for Multimedia by Duke University

Copyright questions about different formats (data, images, music and video) can be especially difficult. Sometimes the law specifically distinguishes between these different formats, and in most cases there are media-specific considerations that impact a copyright analysis. In this course we will look at four different media, paying special attention to the unique issues for each one and the kinds of information that is important when making copyright decisions for each type of material. We will work through fair use issues for each multimedia format, look at format-specific exceptions in the law, and consider unique issues for seeking permission for film, music, images and data. At the end of this course, participants will have a deeper understanding of how to apply our framework for making copyright decisions, and will be more comfortable with assessing multimedia issues. They will have gained more and more diverse experience for considering fair use....

JP
Jul 31, 2021

Awesome informational class if you're interested in Intellectual Property or just Law in general. Totally suitable for a 14 year old like me so you should be able to do it too!

JO
Nov 18, 2016

Excellent course, incredibly informative and very well taught. Highly recommend to anyone interested in entertainment as well as the laws and liability involved.

76 - 92 of 92 Reviews for Copyright for Multimedia

By Matt G

Jul 29, 2018

Course full of very helpful information concerning copyright in multimedia. However, video production could have been better. It would have made the course easier to follow as a learner if the course had slides or bullet points on screen to aid with following the lessons.

By Tabitha O

May 8, 2017

I feel more comfortable now with analyzing copyright questions pertaining to media. The course was helpful and provided lots of information and sources which I can look back on in the future, when questions or issues arise.

By JASHODHARA S

Sep 20, 2020

This course was very informative and educational. I had a lot of fun learning with coursera. The professors were amazing and I loved their lectures, it helped me gain a lot of knowledge and perspective.

By Marco P C

Feb 27, 2016

The content is good. I learned a lot about copyright law. However, it annoys me that most of the time the instructors are looking at a piece of paper while discussing.

By Rachael W

Jun 14, 2017

Good course! The only thing I would change is to drill down a little more on public performance rights in music, as it's a super confusing area of the law.

By Michael N

Sep 12, 2021

my reviews is that it was a hard test and it makes you get into deep though and the teachers were very informative i recommend this class to very one

By Thiyaneshwaran V

Jun 11, 2018

This is my first course on Copyrights. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great course for the beginners in the field of Copyrights ..Thank you very much.

By Bea C

Jul 1, 2017

Very informative but as a visual learner, I would have enjoy a more visual video. I also commend the reading material as well.

By Cv S

Mar 3, 2017

This is a good starter for setting and framing your copyright policies if you work with Multimedia.

By Mariam A A N

Aug 31, 2020

Really insightful and helpful for my field of work with images and videos

By Todd M

Dec 21, 2020

This information was helpful and I have already put it to good use!

By Aditya h

Sep 22, 2016

Nice course. Important in today's digital world

By Roberto E L

Dec 6, 2017

Very nice approach to a not very easy course

By Kevin J

Feb 3, 2018

Good course, loads of information

By Hongjun Z

Apr 18, 2019

A nice course,Very detailed!

By Vera R

a very useful course

By Héctor D

Dec 17, 2020

Professors have put an amazing attitude and care for this program. My suggestions: It will be amazing to include something about how AI is changing law and multimedia copyrighting, some tests are testing memory or reading comprehension so some things can be more practical, AI in future should replace to memorize every paragraph from the law, you will submit your case an app will show you the resolution, that is why I suggest this program maybe how more actively put copyright elements or using existing platforms to copyright your material as a creative or artist.