Back to Corporate Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corporate Strategy by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn how organizations create, capture, and maintain value, and how it is fundamental for sustainable competitive advantage. You will be able to better understand economic value creation and value appropriation, and learn the tools to analyze both competition and cooperation from a corporate level perspective, (e.g., through vertical integration, diversification, and geographic scope decisions). You will: • Understand how corporations create, capture, and sustain competitive advantage. • Analyze business situations and create a coherent corporate strategy. • Understand the fit between corporate strategy and organization structure to improve economic performance. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

JR

Jul 30, 2018

Brilliant course, really well structured and presented. I particularly enjoyed the different videos which clearly give a more practical approach to the concepts taught during the course.

SG

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

51 - 67 of 67 Reviews for Corporate Strategy

By Chris M

Jul 03, 2018

I enjoyed that class, and learned a great deal.

By Romain V

Oct 07, 2016

One of my favorite

By Eliane D

Dec 13, 2016

Great!

By Jennifer N

Jul 07, 2018

Professor is very good. The professor has an expert level of the principles he teaches. He also has an underlying passion for this topic, which makes him even more effective. I feel that I really understanding the complexities behind the topics. For 4 weeks there is a lot of great material here to learn Corporate Strategy. I did not like that he had questions for discussion pauses, but did not follow up in the video after the pause. We were asked to reflect, but had not material following to let us know if our reflection was on track or not. He just went off into the next topic.

By Zaw Z O

Sep 18, 2018

This research based specialization has provided the fundamental knowledge and essential skills in from daily strategic leadership to Managing organization effectively; you will see how the course is precise and concise that leads the potential leverage for achieving your organization’s goals and sustaining its long-term success.

By Corey M

Oct 04, 2018

Great course

By Dr. A s

Jul 19, 2019

Good substance and rigorous assignments makes the course good.

By Diego A F

Aug 05, 2019

The teaching is clear

By María D

Mar 28, 2017

I liked it a lot but I didn't´t find helpful the assignments and how they were asked to be corrected. The assignments ask you to list things that were seen during the course but dont´t push the learner to think and look up for further information in the topic. I have also taken Business Strategy also from University of Illinois and, in my opinion, the assignments are very well conducted and the make you think and go beyond the course info.

I think this is very important to address it properly because it is when the learner really acquire the knowledge, when he/she has to connect what he/she has learnt with real cases.

By Sourabh N

Dec 29, 2016

Needs to structured a bit better.

Answers to discussions if provided will be very helpful and help analyse situations in the way instructor aims to.

The MIT Case readings, not 10min things, thos cases are all like 20 pages+!

By Mohammed A

Jul 24, 2017

Content was okay. Prof. Mahoney provided clear explanations. Assignment design was poor as the rubric were too specific and often represented only one possible approach.

By Kyle B

May 17, 2019

I was expecting a little more from this course, though I certainly learned a lot. When the professor sticks to the script, it can be a bit dull (even when listening on 2x speed) but when he adds interesting color from additional stories it is kind of interesting. The case studies were really interesting and detailed, though - I was surprised that the assignments around them were only "optional" since they were arguably the most in-depth part of the class. It would have been nicer if the professor did more lecturing and analysis around the case studies.

By Kaman C

Jul 09, 2019

Middle of the road presentation.

By Muhammad I

Oct 09, 2016

Unsyncronize subtitle with audio. Please fix this

IMO, I think the video must not too long. (below 10 minutes/video), so lecturer separated it to more segment. And give pop-up quiz in video

By Andrew B

Jul 12, 2017

The assignments don't clearly relate to the material and the lectures are hard to follow.