Back to Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering by University of Manchester

If you have ever encountered rusty car bodies, leaking pipes, tarnished silverware or the green patina of a copper roof then you have experienced corrosion in action. This course, from the Corrosion@Manchester team in collaboration with AkzoNobel, will teach you why metals corrode, what the environmental consequences are, how much corrosion costs and how corrosion can be controlled. It is designed for students, householders, teachers, professionals and anyone in-between. The aim of the course is to introduce the complex world of corrosion and corrosion control. While a full appreciation of corrosion science involves elements of materials science, electrochemistry and physics while corrosion engineering requires a practical knowledge of corrosion failures and engineering design this course does not need an extensive background knowledge. The course mirrors elements of the Corrosion Control Engineering teaching programme at The University of Manchester for final-year undergraduates and masters-level postgraduates and is used as a supplementary learning resource by our students....

PP

Jun 3, 2020

It was a very interesting course ,I enjoyed getting knowledge about our environment and how corrosion damages our environment.Also how to protect our environment from being damaged by corrosion.

AS

Jul 19, 2020

Amazing course with an in-depth concept clarification about corrosion and protection methods. I will be more interested to do a course in Non-destructive monitoring for corrosion evaluation.

51 - 75 of 230 Reviews for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By STEPHEN M K

Jul 6, 2021

It has given me a very necessary over view of corrosion control especially in oil and gas field. It is very useful for engineers working in installations and processing plant for mitigation of failures due to environment. The course materials are well planned and delivered. The University of Manchester should however consider issuing Certificate of completion to participants since the course is of intermediate level and requires personal commitment to complete.

Best Regards

By ARUMUGAM S

Jul 23, 2021

THIS COURSE IS HIGHLY INFORMATIVE AND USEFUL FOR MY COURSE WORK. SIR I AM DOING MY PH.D IN ELECTROPLATING IN THIRUVALLUVAR UNIVERSITY WITHOUT ANY STUIPEND. SIR, I ALREADY APPLIED FOR FINANCIAL AID.

SIR, KINDLY CONSIDER MY POOR FINANCIAL POSITION AND PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE WITH THE SANCTION OF FINANCIAL AID.

WITH WARM REGARDS

S. ARUMUGAM

RESEARCH SCHOLAR

DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY

THIRUVALLUVAR UNIVERSITY

TAMIL NADU

By MUYIWA A F

Aug 31, 2020

This course protecting the world: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering, really broaden my knowledge about corrosion generally. It gave me more understanding of the engineering and science part of corrosion. This course is really encouraging. I am happy I enrolled and completed it. Thanks to Coursera and the University of Manchester.

By Edwin D C A

Aug 4, 2020

This course offers a great overview of what processes drive corrosion and what methods have been developed to control it. It gives a good insight into all the factors at play and help become aware to the importance of corrosion protection in range of cases.

By Bouali

Jun 20, 2020

The course was very well done. It helped significantly in improving my knowledge in the area of corrosion and corrosion protection.

I would like to thank every single instructor and person that put these videos and information together !!

By Dr.M. G

Aug 14, 2020

The course designed has covered all the important parameters that are needed. I really gained lot of knowledge. Thanks to the speakers who have demonstrated few experiments and case studies to understand the things in a better way.

By Mukesh K

May 1, 2020

This course was fantastically designed for students and professionals to learn about fundamental aspects of corrosion control and monitoring in oil and gas. Additionally, it provided good overview of surface engineering.

By Sukru T

Dec 15, 2020

It was very good and useful course. However, it would be good to see the lecturers in the videos.

This course did not give certificate. giving certificate is important. but this course omit this. This is negative point.

By Shiprath K

Oct 30, 2020

this course helps us to know deeper and wider study on a specific subject which we can't get any were else also it consists of segregation of information on a particular subject opted

By Md. Z A

Jan 13, 2022

Nice topic and nice presentation. I learned lot of things by doing this course. Thanks Coursera for providing this course. Also , all the lecturers for their good efforts.

By Dorian K

Dec 27, 2020

The information provided is exceptional. It is a very demanding course. Most of the time I had to pause and go back again. It's sad that they don't provide a certificate.

By Nawtej J

Oct 30, 2020

After completing a lot of challenging quizzes, and efforts, I completed this course, but I cannot see any option to download or buy the certificate. Please help me out.

By Haytham S A A E

Nov 18, 2020

I benefited a lot, It was excellent training and I gained valuable information in my field of work. I advise all my colleagues to enrol themselves in that course.

By Hassanein A

Aug 29, 2020

Very interesting course, I gained massive information especially in the last session its very useful for me in my current role

Thanks your great efforts.

By Eduardo P d C

May 29, 2022

The most complete online course about corrosion. It is demanding and hard with complex tems however covers all you need to know about corrosion issues.

By Avadhar N R N

Oct 28, 2021

The Course is really very helpful for my career. Its covered wide range information's about corrosion. Thank you all those who behind on this course.

By Kennedy O

Aug 17, 2022

it gave me a better undestanding of corrosipon in relation to its effect to designs of steel structures/components and its maintenance cost wise.

By Kingsley V A

Jul 31, 2020

This course is insightful. It provides deep understanding of corrosion effect and its control, most especially in the oil and gas industry.

By Anas C

Sep 8, 2020

I have a learned a deep knowledge in corrosion science and it's importace in industrial fields as well as in oil and gas petroleum fields

By ANIRBAN K

Jun 4, 2020

I really enjoyed this course but after completion of the course I can't get my certificate. I hope I will get later on. Thank you

By Luis G B C

Mar 26, 2022

It´s very interesting but i think that this is sufficient to improve the knowledge about the corrosion and consecuences of this.

By Kerly O

Aug 16, 2020

I have learned a lot in special corrosion techniques new, believe this course to rise the concept about the electrochemistry

By Ajay B

Jun 8, 2020

Very interesting course on basic corrosion and corrosion impact on oil & gas industries. Thank you very much for amazing co

By DIPRO D K

Aug 27, 2020

Hello,

Sir,

I do my course so carefully and attentively & I finished it. So, I hope, please send me course certificate, Sir.

By Sarthak T

Jun 1, 2020

It was great I got so many things to learn. This course is so technical I had a great time with the instructors. Thank You