Back to Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering by University of Manchester

If you have ever encountered rusty car bodies, leaking pipes, tarnished silverware or the green patina of a copper roof then you have experienced corrosion in action. This course, from the Corrosion@Manchester team in collaboration with AkzoNobel, will teach you why metals corrode, what the environmental consequences are, how much corrosion costs and how corrosion can be controlled. It is designed for students, householders, teachers, professionals and anyone in-between. The aim of the course is to introduce the complex world of corrosion and corrosion control. While a full appreciation of corrosion science involves elements of materials science, electrochemistry and physics while corrosion engineering requires a practical knowledge of corrosion failures and engineering design this course does not need an extensive background knowledge. The course mirrors elements of the Corrosion Control Engineering teaching programme at The University of Manchester for final-year undergraduates and masters-level postgraduates and is used as a supplementary learning resource by our students....

PP
Jun 3, 2020

It was a very interesting course ,I enjoyed getting knowledge about our environment and how corrosion damages our environment.Also how to protect our environment from being damaged by corrosion.

AS
Jul 19, 2020

Amazing course with an in-depth concept clarification about corrosion and protection methods. I will be more interested to do a course in Non-destructive monitoring for corrosion evaluation.

51 - 75 of 179 Reviews for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By Bouali

Jun 20, 2020

The course was very well done. It helped significantly in improving my knowledge in the area of corrosion and corrosion protection.

I would like to thank every single instructor and person that put these videos and information together !!

By Dr.M. G

Aug 14, 2020

The course designed has covered all the important parameters that are needed. I really gained lot of knowledge. Thanks to the speakers who have demonstrated few experiments and case studies to understand the things in a better way.

By Mukesh K

May 1, 2020

This course was fantastically designed for students and professionals to learn about fundamental aspects of corrosion control and monitoring in oil and gas. Additionally, it provided good overview of surface engineering.

By Sukru T

Dec 15, 2020

It was very good and useful course. However, it would be good to see the lecturers in the videos.

This course did not give certificate. giving certificate is important. but this course omit this. This is negative point.

By Shiprath K

Oct 30, 2020

this course helps us to know deeper and wider study on a specific subject which we can't get any were else also it consists of segregation of information on a particular subject opted

By Dorian K

Dec 27, 2020

The information provided is exceptional. It is a very demanding course. Most of the time I had to pause and go back again. It's sad that they don't provide a certificate.

By Nawtej J

Oct 30, 2020

After completing a lot of challenging quizzes, and efforts, I completed this course, but I cannot see any option to download or buy the certificate. Please help me out.

By Haytham S A A E

Nov 18, 2020

I benefited a lot, It was excellent training and I gained valuable information in my field of work. I advise all my colleagues to enrol themselves in that course.

By Hassanein A

Aug 29, 2020

Very interesting course, I gained massive information especially in the last session its very useful for me in my current role

Thanks your great efforts.

By Kingsley V A

Jul 31, 2020

This course is insightful. It provides deep understanding of corrosion effect and its control, most especially in the oil and gas industry.

By Anas C

Sep 8, 2020

I have a learned a deep knowledge in corrosion science and it's importace in industrial fields as well as in oil and gas petroleum fields

By ANIRBAN K

Jun 4, 2020

I really enjoyed this course but after completion of the course I can't get my certificate. I hope I will get later on. Thank you

By Kerly O

Aug 16, 2020

I have learned a lot in special corrosion techniques new, believe this course to rise the concept about the electrochemistry

By Ajay B

Jun 8, 2020

Very interesting course on basic corrosion and corrosion impact on oil & gas industries. Thank you very much for amazing co

By DIPRO D K

Aug 27, 2020

Hello,

Sir,

I do my course so carefully and attentively & I finished it. So, I hope, please send me course certificate, Sir.

By Sarthak T

Jun 1, 2020

It was great I got so many things to learn. This course is so technical I had a great time with the instructors. Thank You

By Dhruv S G

Oct 10, 2020

Excellent course for undertanding of corrosion from its basics to application and protecting measure in day to day life.

By Vijay R V

Jul 2, 2020

I almost heard something like corrosion science for the first time and it was a treat for a civil engineer like me.

By Ahmed K K A

Dec 9, 2020

It is a great course that qualified me to become corrosion engineer in the future. But we deserve certificate!!!!!

By Jorge G R

Aug 17, 2020

A great introduction to the world of corrosion mechanism and the different strategies to prevent or minimize it.

By Dr. T J

Sep 29, 2020

It was very informative and useful for people working in academic and industries related to metals and alloys

By V Y S

Oct 4, 2020

Excellent and knowledgeable course : Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By Ronald P V C

Oct 13, 2020

Great course. Although I am familiar with some of the subjects, I still learned many things. Good job.

By Ali R K

Sep 26, 2020

A very well planned, detailed and updated course describing different aspects of corrosion control.

By Ella P

Jul 3, 2020

Excellent content, more detail than I could have imagined. Inspired me to further corrosion studies