Back to Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering by University of Manchester

If you have ever encountered rusty car bodies, leaking pipes, tarnished silverware or the green patina of a copper roof then you have experienced corrosion in action. This course, from the Corrosion@Manchester team in collaboration with AkzoNobel, will teach you why metals corrode, what the environmental consequences are, how much corrosion costs and how corrosion can be controlled. It is designed for students, householders, teachers, professionals and anyone in-between. The aim of the course is to introduce the complex world of corrosion and corrosion control. While a full appreciation of corrosion science involves elements of materials science, electrochemistry and physics while corrosion engineering requires a practical knowledge of corrosion failures and engineering design this course does not need an extensive background knowledge. The course mirrors elements of the Corrosion Control Engineering teaching programme at The University of Manchester for final-year undergraduates and masters-level postgraduates and is used as a supplementary learning resource by our students....

PP

Jun 04, 2020

It was a very interesting course ,I enjoyed getting knowledge about our environment and how corrosion damages our environment.Also how to protect our environment from being damaged by corrosion.

AS

Jul 20, 2020

Amazing course with an in-depth concept clarification about corrosion and protection methods. I will be more interested to do a course in Non-destructive monitoring for corrosion evaluation.

26 - 50 of 156 Reviews for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By Dr S N V

Jun 09, 2020

certificate is not coming the customer care executives are keep on telling so many things like do this and that instead of trouble shooting

By AJ ( S

Good refresher of basic corrosion and corrosion mitigation concepts

By shanmukha k

Jun 20, 2020

Dear Sir,

Greetings

I am from KL University, India

Kindly issue the course completion Certificate/ Let me know whom to contact for the same.

shanmukh_fed@kluniversity.in

By Dr S N

Jul 01, 2020

Worst presentation and presenter does not possess knowledge

Jul 16, 2020

I didnt receive my certifcate as it was mentioned

By Antara

Aug 06, 2020

NO CERTIFICATE IS PROVIDED

By ashutosh s

Jul 20, 2020

By Jibin G

Aug 20, 2020

Do not enroll, when i looked through catalogue it was shown that u would get a certificate for this course, but after completing i didn't get the certificate, everyone enrolls for learning with certificate, if certificate not available then it should be shown in catalgue

By Kshitij N

no certificate is provided on completion of course even with more than 97%.

By pratyaksha

Jun 04, 2020

By Basukumar H K

May 04, 2020

Good sessions. Able to get comprehensive knowledge about corrosion engineering and corrosion management.

By José P G

Great introduction to a complex problem.

Practical, experience based and teory also.

By Eng. E A S K S S

Apr 27, 2020

excellent course and content . Thank you for the effort

By AMOL S M

May 09, 2020

WHEN I WILL GET CERTIFICATE OF THIS COURSE

By Dean B

May 23, 2020

The course outlined quite a bit of information regarding corrosion which was also related to industry aspects. My only suggested is regarding to the information in week 2. Although it wasn't tested, for people with limited chemical engineering knowledge, the chemical equations can be confusing to understand.

By JAIDEEP T

Jun 30, 2020

The content was detailed and meticulously prepared. However, some of the audio quality was sub-par, could not understand portions of it. Overall, it was an excellent learning experience.

By Sandeep L

Jun 11, 2020

Section 5 by Mr. Nicholas Steven was not easy to understand.Overall this course is a very good one for Corrosion guys.

By Bernardo M A O

Oct 05, 2020

It´s a very interesting course, but I don´t understand why I didn´t get a certificate.

By Dr K N M

Jun 13, 2020

This Course doesn't provide certificate.

By Dr. M D

Jul 22, 2020

How I will get certificate??

By Pranav W

Jun 07, 2020

No certificate of completion

By Jimmy A

Aug 20, 2020

A pesar de tener un buen contenido el hecho de no otorgar un certificado hace que pierda valoracion

By NABEEL A

Jul 09, 2020

I am Nabeel Ali from New Delhi, India. I am pursuing my bachelors in technology in Mechanical Engineering from "Jamia Millia Islamia". I am in my last semester of the course. One of my seniors recommended this course to me. As an undergraduate research project we have taken up "Friction stir welding and processing of aluminium alloys" as our domain of work.

By studying corrosion, we are thinking of enhancing our study and analysis and by involving "Corrosion study of Friction stir welded aluminium alloys" apart from the usual Tensile testing, Impact testing, Micro hardness and Micro structure study that we usually do.

For the same reason I have taken up the course. It was a great course and I suggest that an advance level course on corrosion study should also be uploaded on Coursera. More specifically, a course on "Corrosion in Welding" will be a great work.

Thank You to all the teachers as well as the instructors

Also, I have read the discussion forums and to my knowledge nobody has yet received the completion certificate for this course including myself

Kindly see to it that University of Manchester issues us a certificate

By MUYIWA A F

Aug 31, 2020

This course protecting the world: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering, really broaden my knowledge about corrosion generally. It gave me more understanding of the engineering and science part of corrosion. This course is really encouraging. I am happy I enrolled and completed it. Thanks to Coursera and the University of Manchester.

By Edwin D C A

Aug 05, 2020

This course offers a great overview of what processes drive corrosion and what methods have been developed to control it. It gives a good insight into all the factors at play and help become aware to the importance of corrosion protection in range of cases.