Back to Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering by University of Manchester

If you have ever encountered rusty car bodies, leaking pipes, tarnished silverware or the green patina of a copper roof then you have experienced corrosion in action. This course, from the Corrosion@Manchester team in collaboration with AkzoNobel, will teach you why metals corrode, what the environmental consequences are, how much corrosion costs and how corrosion can be controlled. It is designed for students, householders, teachers, professionals and anyone in-between. The aim of the course is to introduce the complex world of corrosion and corrosion control. While a full appreciation of corrosion science involves elements of materials science, electrochemistry and physics while corrosion engineering requires a practical knowledge of corrosion failures and engineering design this course does not need an extensive background knowledge. The course mirrors elements of the Corrosion Control Engineering teaching programme at The University of Manchester for final-year undergraduates and masters-level postgraduates and is used as a supplementary learning resource by our students....

PP

Jun 3, 2020

It was a very interesting course ,I enjoyed getting knowledge about our environment and how corrosion damages our environment.Also how to protect our environment from being damaged by corrosion.

AS

Jul 19, 2020

Amazing course with an in-depth concept clarification about corrosion and protection methods. I will be more interested to do a course in Non-destructive monitoring for corrosion evaluation.

76 - 100 of 227 Reviews for Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By hari v

Oct 21, 2021

I am a Oil refining professional in an Indian refinery .Its a very good course related to corrosion and Oil refining.

By Vijay V

Jul 2, 2020

I almost heard something like corrosion science for the first time and it was a treat for a civil engineer like me.

By Ahmed K K A

Dec 9, 2020

It is a great course that qualified me to become corrosion engineer in the future. But we deserve certificate!!!!!

By angel d l

Mar 17, 2021

It is such a great course and all modules are interesting. I do not doubt to recommend this course on my partner.

By Jorge G R

Aug 17, 2020

A great introduction to the world of corrosion mechanism and the different strategies to prevent or minimize it.

By Dr. T J

Sep 29, 2020

It was very informative and useful for people working in academic and industries related to metals and alloys

By V Y S

Oct 4, 2020

Excellent and knowledgeable course : Protecting the World: Introducing Corrosion Science and Engineering

By Adarsh K

May 3, 2021

Overall it's best course to understand basics of corrosion , corrosion monitoring, corrosion inspection

By Ronald P V C

Oct 13, 2020

Great course. Although I am familiar with some of the subjects, I still learned many things. Good job.

By Ali R K

Sep 26, 2020

A very well planned, detailed and updated course describing different aspects of corrosion control.

By Ella P

Jul 3, 2020

Excellent content, more detail than I could have imagined. Inspired me to further corrosion studies

By ThomasAquinas B O

May 6, 2021

Very rich content. Delivered by professionals. Excellent slides and good video links. Thank you.

By GANESH S

Jun 4, 2020

this is very interesting subject and the lectures notes and videos are very good thanks for that

By rajeshkumar t

I learned a lot from thus course and it is very useful for carrying research in corrosion field.

By Pon

Feb 8, 2021

I feel very useful in the corrosion science and engineering.

Thanks to all Professors & editors

By Marcelo F S Q

Jul 3, 2020

Great, very interesting and helpfull with the industry and the academic world. Thanks so much.

By Willian S

Dec 19, 2021

It is very interting course and contents is very usefull to understand the corrosion process.

By Ruben E H V

Apr 19, 2021

A certificate option must be available. Hope soon to see a second part of this course!

By Alaa M B

Feb 14, 2021

Very balanced course. It has both academic and professional knowledge about corrosion.

By Talal D A

Oct 21, 2020

it was very good course, thanks but we would like to have a summary of this course plz

By Salhein H

Jan 5, 2022

G​ood course but visualization missing. Powerpoint slides only not enough. Thank you.

By Nakul B

Sep 28, 2020

It was an amazing experience learning about corrosion its types and preventing them

By Talal Y A Z

Oct 23, 2020

It is an Excellent Course, related to my major career and was very well explained.

By Fauzan A

Aug 16, 2020

Very useful course to understand the basics of corrosion science and engineering.

By Hendra H

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent! Very useful for someone who needs a refreshment on the topic. Thanks!