Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

226 - 250 of 1,243 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Gloria J M

Feb 7, 2021

Very helpful. I have many story ideas but had no idea where to begin. The feedback from the last assignment showed me how to look at structure. I need more practice but this is definitely a good way to get started. Great instructor.

By Lauren R

Jul 27, 2017

I am loving these classes so far and am excited to continue learning. Just by taking this class and reading the prompts, I'm finding the motivation to write and coming up with more to write about. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

By Eileen M M

Aug 11, 2020

Es un curso muy valioso. Lo que aprendes en él, de la mano de expertos de primer nivel, es un gran privilegio. Además, las explicaciones son muy precisas y prácticas. Estoy muy contenta por no haber desaprovechado esta oportunidad.

By Aymen

Aug 9, 2020

This is a wonderful course that provides good guidance and tips for aspiring writers as well as a positive space to practice those guidelines. I recommend this to you, whether you're thinking about writing or are already a writer.

By Gala R

Jun 4, 2020

The course was well done, there were clear examples and the exercises followed the information that was presented. I learned a lot from each module and would recommend it to anyone interested in the 101 on creating a good story.

By Ramona K

Sep 22, 2018

This course has helped me understand how to write so the reader sees what I am telling. More than a story someone reads to you but allows you the ability to bring the reader in to see the action and be a part of what is going on.

By Shreya J

Jul 5, 2020

It was quite a phenomenal course. I Always loved writing but this provided me like a solid base and lots of tips on how to go about doing what I love. Brando Skyhorse was an amazing tutor explaining the concepts very admirably.

By Alexandra M

Feb 5, 2018

This is a great course for both beginning authors and advanced ones. it really puts writing into perspective and helps one crafting a story. Brandon is great at clearly explaining everything. I highly recommend it to everyone!

By Janice S

Jul 20, 2020

Dr.Skyhorse taught me things I didn't know and allowed me, as well as other students, time, and space to write. I am continuing with this series because of the way Dr. Skyhorse teaches and what I learn about writing from him.

By Poletskaya S

Nov 15, 2019

I enjoyed this course, I've learnt many new things I didn't know about. I also really enjoyed peers' feedback, as it gave me the chance to see what I write from the other perspective. Overall it is very useful and productive.

By Aditya R

Aug 16, 2020

Very nice course by Brando Skyhorse. A perfect gateway to the world of Creative Writing. It starts from basics and elevates gently to a point where you certainly realize you have evolved over the course. Thank you for this!

By Doğanay Ç

Jul 13, 2020

The teacher was awesome. He taught so well with great examples and he seemed like the best teacher to me. I also enjoyed so much on his Shop Talk videos. The conversation was so fun and full of new data. Thank you so much.

By Mira K

Jul 5, 2019

I loved this course, the instructor was really good and I learned a lot. He explained things really well by using examples from well-known books and discussions with other authors. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Mewen W

Mar 17, 2020

This course really helps me a lot. Writing has been my passion ever since and I really want to do well until I am confident enough to publish my works. I learned from the instructors, especially explaining the structures.

By Tugce K

Oct 7, 2016

Thank you for the valuable information and providing the listener with plenty of examples, making it easier to follow and understand. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews and the explanations given in this course.

By leandro d

Oct 27, 2020

Adorei o curso, percebi que ainda tenho muito o que aprender, para me tornar um escritor. Esse cursome ajudou a retomar um velho sonho meu, que é escrever mangás. MInha dica é se você que ser um escritor faça esse curso.

By Dorothy

Apr 5, 2020

This is one of the best courses in this specialisation after craft of character. He really hits the basic of plotting and structure and explains the easest method of creating a plot, the ABDCE method. Highly recommended!

By Antona B S

Apr 3, 2021

Professor Skyhorse was great in giving examples and keeping the topic interesting. I enjoyed the challenge of the writing exercises, especially choosing which words to keep and which to cut. Very happy with this course.

By Marc G

Sep 8, 2020

As strange as it may sound, this course was easy to binge. The videos were packed with info, but of an ideal duration. The assignments built on the course material organically, but grew more challenging - in a good way.

By Bardell P

Oct 4, 2020

I loved the way that it was delivered. I looked forward every time to my reviews..at first, I was really nervous for the first one because I've never really had anyone read my stuff but after that, it was encouraging.

By DELISIA J M

Aug 26, 2020

This is such a useful course to take especially if you are new to all of this. I used to write before this but this helped me understand the difference between a plot and how I can work to turn my concepts into plots.

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Angie F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By Kim R

Mar 26, 2021

I had my doubts if a course could get me writing after all of these years, but it lived up to its promise. It got me writing and I also learned some very good basic tenets of writing. I would recommend this course.

By Tomkat

Sep 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned quite a lot. Professor Brando is one of a kind. I love his style and exposition, very clear and very easy to follow. I hope to meet him in person one day. Thank you for this course.