Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

226 - 250 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Rohan V

May 29, 2016

Very good lessons to learn

By Dee M

Apr 11, 2016

Great course. Only accessed the course via 'audit'. Really enjoyable.

By Catherine B

Aug 10, 2016

I thought the course was very informative. It had a lot of good and essential information for writing and the teacher was clear and easy to understand.

By Grace H

May 11, 2018

This is an excellent overview course, with a luxury of specific guidance from published authors. It really helped focus my thoughts as I'm attempting to write my first book late in life.

By Cristina M V

Mar 19, 2016

This course actually got me writing!

By Santiago C

Mar 29, 2016

Great course, Brando is a great professor. The task are very clear

By Travis S

Aug 05, 2017

Brando is a captivating speaker and gives clear instruction that has already improved my writing immensely.

By Danai A

Mar 08, 2016

Practical, well-presented, inspiring!

By Rogerio A G F

Sep 06, 2016

Short and to the point.

By Tiago S C

Apr 12, 2016

Congrats fo the Teacher. Best Creative Writing course I've taken.

By Damilola O

Apr 19, 2017

This course is worth every minute I spent taking it. Thanks to Brando and the rest of the team behind the lens. You've made a better writer out of me. I'd write your name in my acknowledgements!

By Kathryne A H

Jun 27, 2016

Fantastic class! The teachers is organized, charismatic, a respected author of such interesting subject matter. He brings relevant outside writers to interview about their viewpoints. The assignments are clear and really opened my mind to other ways of thinking. This series of classes is more than worth time and cost.

By Michael R

Jul 05, 2016

I really liked the balance between explanation, instruction and hands-on-exercise. Brando Skyhorse explains things well and he seems to be the knowledgeable, skillful professional and teacher that you can trust to help you move forward.

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Joanne H

May 25, 2016

Thanks to instructor Skyhorse for devising a course that is useful, yet not overwhelming to the student.

By Ana C O G

Feb 26, 2018

Me encantó, me enseñó las bases que necesito para redactar mi historia y voy a tomar los demás cursos también. Ojalá estuviera en español porque con la traducci{on se batalla un poco. Gracias!

By Ricardo W

May 25, 2017

I am really enjoying Cousera Courses. They are very innovative and will revolutionize education.

By Ytavyly Y

Apr 15, 2016

Excelente didáctica de la escritura.

By Angela F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By ChandraPerkins

Jun 12, 2016

The course is easy to follow and informative. Challenging assignments and guest speakers add variety, clarity, and creativity to the way you think about telling a story. It touches on important points like structuring and editing. Plus, the instructor compares much of what he's teaching to how it's used in popular novels.

By IMTIAZ A

Jun 14, 2016

very good and well organized course that helped me a lot to improve my writing skills.

By Darci C

Jun 01, 2016

Prof. Skyhorse has a kind, engaging face and mannerisms. The course was well organized and free of technical issues- wish I could say the same thing about Coursera in general!

By Abiola O

Feb 03, 2017

I had tried my hands at writing before, but this course gave a better grounding in the skills of writing a story. I feel more confident now . The module presentations were interesting and I particularly liked the interviews accomplished authors.

By Nada D

Aug 08, 2016

Very instructive once you get used to using the subscribed structures. Great mentor support and a nice bunch of people to bounce ideas off.

By Sonia F

Aug 08, 2017

Great course. I've learnt a lot and intend to continue with the whole writing course, now that I have some time during the holidays.