Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

226 - 250 of 939 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Alice H

Feb 16, 2017

I liked that the bulk of time spent was practicing writing. I learned many things like the elements of a strong scene, how setting plays a role, and the 5-act structure of a story.

By Michele S

Apr 01, 2016

Great course. I just audited it but even the audit content was very helpful. You'll have to pay for peer review, but I just wanted to learn about plot and this course delivered. :)

By Dr. M S K

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent !!

The content and explanation is awesome , and the assignments adds the rest to your learning, thank you Wesleyan University and thanks to Coursera for this opportunity.

By Anmol S

Mar 30, 2016

fabulous course with lot of do's and don'ts... and an inspirational guide and techniques for a startup writer or a beginer. course with its full content , quality and knowledge .

By Darci C

Jun 01, 2016

Prof. Skyhorse has a kind, engaging face and mannerisms. The course was well organized and free of technical issues- wish I could say the same thing about Coursera in general!

By aseema s

Mar 22, 2019

Amazing instructor and very easy to understand with step by step assignments which make the task at hand easier. Great course to get started with the technicalities of writing

By Emily L

Nov 24, 2017

I learned so much from this course. Brando's videos were very clear with identifiable takeaways and assignments that were very much in keeping with the lessons in each module.

By Esther M

Nov 01, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By Waheeda B

Jul 28, 2020

This course taught me more than I thought it would; and I had a lot of expectations, all of them fulfilled! A total recommendation for those who are into stories and writing.

By AJ H

May 07, 2020

Overall it's a really good/comprehensive course for a beginner. I'm a big fan of peer reviews so that was lovely. Also, the guest interviews were really engaging and helpful.

By eileen p

Sep 10, 2019

I enjoy the practical and thoughtful teaching as well as the assignments. They work for me as a beginner and I have loads of information to practice and play with. Thank you!

By Daniel O

Dec 13, 2018

In the last days of learning this course (not done yet) I feel my fears of venturing into fiction writing leaving. The content of the course is good. The delivery is spot on.

By 张凯

Apr 30, 2016

This course is very interesting and easily to understand for beginner just like me. And through read the stories of other students, I learned more and find my disadvantages.

By Mert G G

Aug 10, 2018

This section gave me a whole new perspective on plot structure. The lectures and discussions were to the point and definitely increased my passion for writing all the more.

By Ave G

Jul 23, 2017

I loved everything about this course: the interviews with other authors, reviewing other's work, Brando's way of explaining made it easy to understand and apply to my work.

By Nowshin N N

Jul 01, 2020

Doing this course encouraged me to write more and let my imagination create wonderful stories. I learned a lot and gave my total outcome. It was truly an amazing journey.

By Meghean M

May 22, 2020

I greatly enjoyed the experience and learned quite a bit. I've been writing on my own for years but feel like I have a better idea on how to format and what to look for.

By Kristin T

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent Introduction to Creative Writing! As someone new to creative writing I found this class informative, challenging and inspiring. I highly recommend this course!

By Sahil M

Jan 21, 2020

The exceptional teaching provided by the instructor really simplified the art of creative writing for me , highly recommend it for anyone who wants to pursue the field.

By Pritika P

Dec 18, 2017

I really enjoyed this course!!

Brando taught this course so well- with adequate resources, theoretical knowledge, easy-to-understand explanations!

Enriching experience!

By Rounak S

Jul 21, 2020

loved the course. it really made me learn concepts I didn't know to implement. Now I can easily plot the story. Thanks to mentor who always should examples to explain.

By Muwaffaq S

Jun 17, 2018

Good starting module that gives some simple techniques to improve writing. Not too easy and not too hard. I am doing the second unit based on the strength of the first

By Warren P

Aug 30, 2017

This class helped me a lot. I learned how to structure my stories and get the mechanics right, so they follow the arc they should. I also learned to show and not tell.

By Bandhana D

Jul 17, 2020

I am thrilled to attend the course - I learned a lot. It was well constructed and with great examples and also made very engaging by the visiting professor.

Thank you!

By Summer S

Sep 19, 2019

I enjoyed these introductory lessons into creative writing. It has given me a great jumping-off point from which to continue growing into the writer I'd like to be.