Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

SD
Jul 13, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

251 - 275 of 1,331 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Mewen W

Mar 17, 2020

This course really helps me a lot. Writing has been my passion ever since and I really want to do well until I am confident enough to publish my works. I learned from the instructors, especially explaining the structures.

By Tugce K

Oct 7, 2016

Thank you for the valuable information and providing the listener with plenty of examples, making it easier to follow and understand. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews and the explanations given in this course.

By leandro d

Oct 27, 2020

Adorei o curso, percebi que ainda tenho muito o que aprender, para me tornar um escritor. Esse cursome ajudou a retomar um velho sonho meu, que é escrever mangás. MInha dica é se você que ser um escritor faça esse curso.

By Dorothy

Apr 5, 2020

This is one of the best courses in this specialisation after craft of character. He really hits the basic of plotting and structure and explains the easest method of creating a plot, the ABDCE method. Highly recommended!

By Angela R

Jun 17, 2021

As a beginning writer, I found this class to be very helpful to the whole process of establishing a well-grounded plot. That seems as if that is such a basic notion, but having all the basics in place is very important.

By Antona B S

Apr 3, 2021

Professor Skyhorse was great in giving examples and keeping the topic interesting. I enjoyed the challenge of the writing exercises, especially choosing which words to keep and which to cut. Very happy with this course.

By Marc G

Sep 8, 2020

As strange as it may sound, this course was easy to binge. The videos were packed with info, but of an ideal duration. The assignments built on the course material organically, but grew more challenging - in a good way.

By Bardell P

Oct 4, 2020

I loved the way that it was delivered. I looked forward every time to my reviews..at first, I was really nervous for the first one because I've never really had anyone read my stuff but after that, it was encouraging.

By DELISIA J M

Aug 26, 2020

This is such a useful course to take especially if you are new to all of this. I used to write before this but this helped me understand the difference between a plot and how I can work to turn my concepts into plots.

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Angie F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By Kim R

Mar 26, 2021

I had my doubts if a course could get me writing after all of these years, but it lived up to its promise. It got me writing and I also learned some very good basic tenets of writing. I would recommend this course.

By Tomkat

Sep 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned quite a lot. Professor Brando is one of a kind. I love his style and exposition, very clear and very easy to follow. I hope to meet him in person one day. Thank you for this course.

By Isabel A d M M

Aug 24, 2020

Useful and practical information, to-the-point format, interesting activities and helpful feedback from peers. I even cried while the Professor was conducting a heartfelt reading. Very sweet. I highly recommend it.

By Melinda

Jul 2, 2018

This was an excellent course. The amount of work was just right, and it gave me a strong foundation for creative writing. I really enjoyed the writing assignments, as well has giving and receiving feedback on them.

By KONSTANTINA G

Jun 18, 2018

The most important of the 4 courses in terms of setting the basis. As usual, the only problem was having to wait for someone to review my work (10 days) in order to finish the course... but hey, that's´s how it is.

By Caroline G

Mar 26, 2021

Thank you Mr Brando Skyhorse for this great opportunity to learn how to construct an efficient plot. There is still a lot to be learned but this course has been a definite stepping stone in my process of creation.

By Daniel P

Jun 26, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.

By Edith G B O

Jan 3, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Sarah M

Nov 16, 2020

I loved how Professor Skyhorse introduced and went on with the course. I especially liked the many examples he gave, which served to further make clear the content or the steps of what I am supposed to be doing.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Spyros S

Jan 11, 2021

Amazing course, a lot of quality material for a beginner like me. The assignments reinforced said material beautifully. Overall, I feel a lot more confident in my writing after finishing the course. Thank you.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By Derya D Y

May 17, 2021

before this course I didn't know how to write in structure or rising action. This course really helped me. I write short stories so much better now. It was great that they give examples on Harry Potter also