Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

151 - 175 of 869 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Ridhi R

Mar 12, 2018

I love this course! It has given me a lot of information that will come in handy when developing my own stories and ideas. The videos are crisp and to the point, yet wonderfully detailed to open up my thinking possibilities and imagination.

By Lisa D

May 13, 2018

An excellent class. It helped me sharpen up my writing. I would say this is better than any book I ever read on writing. A huge part of it was in the reading and reviewing of other student's work. I felt I learned even more in doing that.

By Nolizwe M

Jan 18, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. The assignments were challenging and pushed me to think outside the box. I most appreciated receiving feedback from peers, and also seeing how they applied new lessons/skills. I highly recommend this course!

By Carlos R

Nov 22, 2018

Fantastic. I really have learned how to identify the structure of the plot in the stories I read, and I am now able to structure plots to my stories - their bones - which I will in a second moment I will fill up with scenes - the flesh.

By Michael R

Jul 05, 2016

I really liked the balance between explanation, instruction and hands-on-exercise. Brando Skyhorse explains things well and he seems to be the knowledgeable, skillful professional and teacher that you can trust to help you move forward.

By Hector M C L

Feb 11, 2018

Really good, the exercises are challenging and make you work on making good scenes and stories in very limited word counts. Brando's classes are easy to follow and his advice hits the mark. The guest lectures are also very insightful

By Lauren R

Jul 28, 2017

I am loving these classes so far and am excited to continue learning. Just by taking this class and reading the prompts, I'm finding the motivation to write and coming up with more to write about. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

By Gala R

Jun 04, 2020

The course was well done, there were clear examples and the exercises followed the information that was presented. I learned a lot from each module and would recommend it to anyone interested in the 101 on creating a good story.

By Ramona K

Sep 22, 2018

This course has helped me understand how to write so the reader sees what I am telling. More than a story someone reads to you but allows you the ability to bring the reader in to see the action and be a part of what is going on.

By Shreya J

Jul 06, 2020

It was quite a phenomenal course. I Always loved writing but this provided me like a solid base and lots of tips on how to go about doing what I love. Brando Skyhorse was an amazing tutor explaining the concepts very admirably.

By Alexandra M

Feb 05, 2018

This is a great course for both beginning authors and advanced ones. it really puts writing into perspective and helps one crafting a story. Brandon is great at clearly explaining everything. I highly recommend it to everyone!

By Poletskaya S

Nov 15, 2019

I enjoyed this course, I've learnt many new things I didn't know about. I also really enjoyed peers' feedback, as it gave me the chance to see what I write from the other perspective. Overall it is very useful and productive.

By Mira K

Jul 05, 2019

I loved this course, the instructor was really good and I learned a lot. He explained things really well by using examples from well-known books and discussions with other authors. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Mewen W

Mar 17, 2020

This course really helps me a lot. Writing has been my passion ever since and I really want to do well until I am confident enough to publish my works. I learned from the instructors, especially explaining the structures.

By Tugce K

Oct 08, 2016

Thank you for the valuable information and providing the listener with plenty of examples, making it easier to follow and understand. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews and the explanations given in this course.

By Dorothy

Apr 05, 2020

This is one of the best courses in this specialisation after craft of character. He really hits the basic of plotting and structure and explains the easest method of creating a plot, the ABDCE method. Highly recommended!

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Angela F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By Melinda

Jul 02, 2018

This was an excellent course. The amount of work was just right, and it gave me a strong foundation for creative writing. I really enjoyed the writing assignments, as well has giving and receiving feedback on them.

By KONSTANTINA G

Jun 18, 2018

The most important of the 4 courses in terms of setting the basis. As usual, the only problem was having to wait for someone to review my work (10 days) in order to finish the course... but hey, that's´s how it is.

By Daniel P

Jun 27, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.

By Edith G B O

Jan 03, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.