Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

176 - 200 of 1,027 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Neil D

Apr 29, 2017

This course took me one step closer to my goal to becoming a good writer. The material was presented clearly and efficiently. I liked the implementation of the peer review system and I found the ability to go at my own pace extremely gratifying.

By Abiola O

Feb 03, 2017

I had tried my hands at writing before, but this course gave a better grounding in the skills of writing a story. I feel more confident now . The module presentations were interesting and I particularly liked the interviews accomplished authors.

By TJ S

Jun 23, 2018

I recommend this course. I find creating clear plots rather difficult which are time- consuming when done correctly. The steps provided for creating the structure, scenes, and plot are very informative and all one need do is think and write.

By Gunn Y

This course was very inspiring and mostly helped me write better. But there were some people who did not try at all and lacked the will to finish this course. But other than that, I think this course was very intelligent and well organized.

By Vishal M

Aug 22, 2019

The course was good, I wish there are separate notes. I did made mine, I found everything helpful. I mean the entire transcript, and since I read the notes that I made handwritten, it took a lot of time for me to digest but it was worth it.

By Haroon B

Mar 29, 2018

It is as intense as you make it. When you glance through the exercises and take the videos, it seem so easy, but it isn't. The early exercises are quite okay, but as you progress you will really need to put in time and effort. Great course.

By Ridhi R

Mar 12, 2018

I love this course! It has given me a lot of information that will come in handy when developing my own stories and ideas. The videos are crisp and to the point, yet wonderfully detailed to open up my thinking possibilities and imagination.

By Atanas K

Sep 20, 2020

What I really liked in this course is that it is focused on writing practice. The amount of theoretical concepts introduced is just about right. Maybe one could add a downloadable version of the 21 rules checklist. Good job and thanks! :)

By Lisa D

May 13, 2018

An excellent class. It helped me sharpen up my writing. I would say this is better than any book I ever read on writing. A huge part of it was in the reading and reviewing of other student's work. I felt I learned even more in doing that.

By Nolizwe M

Jan 18, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. The assignments were challenging and pushed me to think outside the box. I most appreciated receiving feedback from peers, and also seeing how they applied new lessons/skills. I highly recommend this course!

By Carlos R

Nov 22, 2018

Fantastic. I really have learned how to identify the structure of the plot in the stories I read, and I am now able to structure plots to my stories - their bones - which I will in a second moment I will fill up with scenes - the flesh.

By Michael R

Jul 05, 2016

I really liked the balance between explanation, instruction and hands-on-exercise. Brando Skyhorse explains things well and he seems to be the knowledgeable, skillful professional and teacher that you can trust to help you move forward.

By Hector M C L

Feb 11, 2018

Really good, the exercises are challenging and make you work on making good scenes and stories in very limited word counts. Brando's classes are easy to follow and his advice hits the mark. The guest lectures are also very insightful

By Lauren R

Jul 28, 2017

I am loving these classes so far and am excited to continue learning. Just by taking this class and reading the prompts, I'm finding the motivation to write and coming up with more to write about. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

By Eileen M M

Aug 11, 2020

Es un curso muy valioso. Lo que aprendes en él, de la mano de expertos de primer nivel, es un gran privilegio. Además, las explicaciones son muy precisas y prácticas. Estoy muy contenta por no haber desaprovechado esta oportunidad.

By Aymen I

Aug 09, 2020

This is a wonderful course that provides good guidance and tips for aspiring writers as well as a positive space to practice those guidelines. I recommend this to you, whether you're thinking about writing or are already a writer.

By Gala R

Jun 04, 2020

The course was well done, there were clear examples and the exercises followed the information that was presented. I learned a lot from each module and would recommend it to anyone interested in the 101 on creating a good story.

By Ramona K

Sep 22, 2018

This course has helped me understand how to write so the reader sees what I am telling. More than a story someone reads to you but allows you the ability to bring the reader in to see the action and be a part of what is going on.

By Shreya J

Jul 06, 2020

It was quite a phenomenal course. I Always loved writing but this provided me like a solid base and lots of tips on how to go about doing what I love. Brando Skyhorse was an amazing tutor explaining the concepts very admirably.

By Alexandra M

Feb 05, 2018

This is a great course for both beginning authors and advanced ones. it really puts writing into perspective and helps one crafting a story. Brandon is great at clearly explaining everything. I highly recommend it to everyone!

By Janice S

Jul 20, 2020

Dr.Skyhorse taught me things I didn't know and allowed me, as well as other students, time, and space to write. I am continuing with this series because of the way Dr. Skyhorse teaches and what I learn about writing from him.

By Poletskaya S

Nov 15, 2019

I enjoyed this course, I've learnt many new things I didn't know about. I also really enjoyed peers' feedback, as it gave me the chance to see what I write from the other perspective. Overall it is very useful and productive.

By Aditya R

Aug 16, 2020

Very nice course by Brando Skyhorse. A perfect gateway to the world of Creative Writing. It starts from basics and elevates gently to a point where you certainly realize you have evolved over the course. Thank you for this!

By Doğanay Ç

Jul 13, 2020

The teacher was awesome. He taught so well with great examples and he seemed like the best teacher to me. I also enjoyed so much on his Shop Talk videos. The conversation was so fun and full of new data. Thank you so much.

By Mira K

Jul 05, 2019

I loved this course, the instructor was really good and I learned a lot. He explained things really well by using examples from well-known books and discussions with other authors. I would definitely recommend this course.