Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

226 - 250 of 1,165 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Angela F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By Tomkat

Sep 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned quite a lot. Professor Brando is one of a kind. I love his style and exposition, very clear and very easy to follow. I hope to meet him in person one day. Thank you for this course.

By Isabel A d M M

Aug 24, 2020

Useful and practical information, to-the-point format, interesting activities and helpful feedback from peers. I even cried while the Professor was conducting a heartfelt reading. Very sweet. I highly recommend it.

By Melinda

Jul 2, 2018

This was an excellent course. The amount of work was just right, and it gave me a strong foundation for creative writing. I really enjoyed the writing assignments, as well has giving and receiving feedback on them.

By KONSTANTINA G

Jun 18, 2018

The most important of the 4 courses in terms of setting the basis. As usual, the only problem was having to wait for someone to review my work (10 days) in order to finish the course... but hey, that's´s how it is.

By Daniel P

Jun 26, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.

By Edith G B O

Jan 3, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Sarah M

Nov 16, 2020

I loved how Professor Skyhorse introduced and went on with the course. I especially liked the many examples he gave, which served to further make clear the content or the steps of what I am supposed to be doing.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Spyros S

Jan 11, 2021

Amazing course, a lot of quality material for a beginner like me. The assignments reinforced said material beautifully. Overall, I feel a lot more confident in my writing after finishing the course. Thank you.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By jorge E v D j

Feb 4, 2020

Es un curso excelente que amplía el panorama en la escritura de un relato. Es una guía en el trayecto de la estructura como se conforman las historias. Las clases y el instructor son muy amenos y asertivos.

By Karen R

Nov 2, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Andrea R H

Jun 23, 2020

Brando Skyhorse is such a great teacher! I loved this course through and through, I really feel like I'm improving my writing and it's helping me with the novels I'm currently working on. A million thanks!

By Sinny N

Oct 14, 2020

Professor was very clear while explaining his classes, I really loved it. I found his writing advices and tips to be very useful. Also the interviews with the other writers shed a new light on my writing.

Mar 25, 2020

I've been writing for a long time, even having some success at it, but have never taken any formal training. I feel that you take away from this course what you put into it, even if you're not a beginner.

By Stephen C

Dec 11, 2020

Loved the experience and challenges in this course. Well-designed learning tasks and helpful videos. The conversational setup of those videos was particularly effective (when compared to lecture style).

By Neerja J

This was my first writing course, I would say it is well structured and do give you challenges in form of assignments. If you are an aspiring writer, its a good way to begin your writing course journey.

By Felicia W

Oct 15, 2020

I truly did enjoy the class and I intend to finish the entire series of courses! I just have to move on a slow pace which I'm very happy it is an available option as well as the discounts on classes.

By David K

Sep 2, 2020

I have always been an avid reader. I took this class to familiarize myself with the techniques behind plot development. I would highly recommend this course, and the creative writing specialization.

By similoluwa f

Apr 4, 2019

It was very impactful and insightful...i had to opportunity to thing through my writing creatively. The idea of other writers reviewing my work was a good one as the feedback was quite constructive.

By Camille T

Oct 12, 2018

Extremely helpful! I'm rethinking a lot of my previous approach to writing, especially when it comes to creating interesting scenes and ensuring my characters each have a clear desire while I write.