Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

SD

Jul 14, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

226 - 250 of 949 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Tom K

Jun 01, 2020

The course has given me an excellent structure and practice for writing basic scenes. I would be interested another course which talks about putting scenes together for a larger work.

By Masha Y

Feb 09, 2018

Very grateful to Brando and the team of guest writers for this course, you managed to break down the craft of plot so that even first time "writers" like myself were quite successful.

By David H

Jun 18, 2016

This was a great way to get started writing again after a long time. The videos were engaging and full of good information. It's good to see and hear real authors talk about the work.

By Debra T

May 24, 2018

So many valuable lessons to be learned here about how plot should logically unfold in your story. I will be reviewing the lectures again to constantly improve my writing. Thank you!

By Shaunak S

Apr 28, 2020

A great course for beginners and aspiring writers. Each and every lessongives you a better understanding about how a plot is written, and what are the various parts included in it.

By Alice H

Feb 16, 2017

I liked that the bulk of time spent was practicing writing. I learned many things like the elements of a strong scene, how setting plays a role, and the 5-act structure of a story.

By Michele S

Apr 01, 2016

Great course. I just audited it but even the audit content was very helpful. You'll have to pay for peer review, but I just wanted to learn about plot and this course delivered. :)

By Dr. M S K

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent !!

The content and explanation is awesome , and the assignments adds the rest to your learning, thank you Wesleyan University and thanks to Coursera for this opportunity.

By Anmol S

Mar 30, 2016

fabulous course with lot of do's and don'ts... and an inspirational guide and techniques for a startup writer or a beginer. course with its full content , quality and knowledge .

By Darci C

Jun 01, 2016

Prof. Skyhorse has a kind, engaging face and mannerisms. The course was well organized and free of technical issues- wish I could say the same thing about Coursera in general!

By aseema s

Mar 22, 2019

Amazing instructor and very easy to understand with step by step assignments which make the task at hand easier. Great course to get started with the technicalities of writing

By Emily L

Nov 24, 2017

I learned so much from this course. Brando's videos were very clear with identifiable takeaways and assignments that were very much in keeping with the lessons in each module.

By Esther M

Nov 01, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By Waheeda B

Jul 28, 2020

This course taught me more than I thought it would; and I had a lot of expectations, all of them fulfilled! A total recommendation for those who are into stories and writing.

By AJ H

May 07, 2020

Overall it's a really good/comprehensive course for a beginner. I'm a big fan of peer reviews so that was lovely. Also, the guest interviews were really engaging and helpful.

By eileen p

Sep 10, 2019

I enjoy the practical and thoughtful teaching as well as the assignments. They work for me as a beginner and I have loads of information to practice and play with. Thank you!

By Daniel O

Dec 13, 2018

In the last days of learning this course (not done yet) I feel my fears of venturing into fiction writing leaving. The content of the course is good. The delivery is spot on.

By 张凯

Apr 30, 2016

This course is very interesting and easily to understand for beginner just like me. And through read the stories of other students, I learned more and find my disadvantages.

By Mert G G

Aug 10, 2018

This section gave me a whole new perspective on plot structure. The lectures and discussions were to the point and definitely increased my passion for writing all the more.

By Ave G

Jul 23, 2017

I loved everything about this course: the interviews with other authors, reviewing other's work, Brando's way of explaining made it easy to understand and apply to my work.

By Nowshin N N

Jul 01, 2020

Doing this course encouraged me to write more and let my imagination create wonderful stories. I learned a lot and gave my total outcome. It was truly an amazing journey.

By Deepak V

Aug 11, 2020

The course is really good and appropriate not only for the people who are just starting to write but also for people who have some previous knowledge of writing stories.

By Meghean M

May 22, 2020

I greatly enjoyed the experience and learned quite a bit. I've been writing on my own for years but feel like I have a better idea on how to format and what to look for.

By Kristin T

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent Introduction to Creative Writing! As someone new to creative writing I found this class informative, challenging and inspiring. I highly recommend this course!

By Sahil M

Jan 21, 2020

The exceptional teaching provided by the instructor really simplified the art of creative writing for me , highly recommend it for anyone who wants to pursue the field.