Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

176 - 200 of 1,202 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Lefifia L

Feb 5, 2021

This is a wonderful class. I learned a lot of invaluable skills that has already improved my creative writing. I've learned transferable skills that will help me as a script writer and novelist. I cannot wait to take the other three parts to this course. Thank you!

By Ramsha T

Apr 21, 2020

This course has helped me in many ways to understand that how a plot should work. Before this, I ised to get very confuse about the structuring of story to make sense out of it but this course has helped me learn pattern with which I can make any plot make sense.

By Royslyn V T

Sep 16, 2020

Great Course. It helped me honed my skills and helped me to be better at plotting. I wasn't much for plotting but I realised that I knew and loved that I could produce a good story. Definitely recommend those who wish to better their writing to do this course.

By Afonso V N

Oct 29, 2020

It's a great course that helped me a lot to develop my desire for writing. The content is clear and easy to assimilate, it offers great exercises to train and meaningful insights about the art of writing through the instructor's shop talks and the peer reviews.

By Karena A

Dec 23, 2019

This is not your run-of-the mill writing course. Brandon is a gifted teacher and the content and activities opened up new ideas for me. I learned some additional ways to look at story. The format also allows communication among students, which is very valuable.

By Henry M A M

Aug 17, 2020

really excellent, I have learned a lot in this course, many unknown things or that I did not apply correctly with this course I was able to better understand various concepts, I hope that the classmates have also been able to learn and know more, very grateful

By Alicia S

Jul 4, 2016

I didn't take this class for credit, I took this class as a refresher. The professor gave a lot of good information and I really enjoyed the class. I enjoyed the class so much, I would take it again. Please recommend a book for the next class. Good class!

By Michael Y

Dec 17, 2018

This course has been a godsend to further develop my skill in the art of creative writing.

Thank you, Brando. This course has been incredible, inspiring, and foundational to my future.

Whoever wishes to advance their creative writing; this course is for you.

By Edwin D S d L

Sep 26, 2020

Enjoyable course full with clearly explained concepts and detailed examples that make it even easier to understand. The practical exercises are fun to write and encourage you to hone your skills through each unit. Good for writers at all levels of skill.

By Dawn P

Nov 22, 2020

This course was engaging from the start. Assignments were interesting and the lesson videos extremely helpful. The videos with published authors discussing how they tackled the elements we were learning was a great touch. I highly recommend this course.

By Jeffrey C

Jun 5, 2017

This is a great course and instructed very well. I like that it is all done in video sessions. I have had too many courses with other organizations that sell a course that is just written material that you can get on Amazon in a few books for $4.99...

By Aya

Aug 9, 2020

Lecture from Brando Skyhorse is pretty clear and good, the guest interviews are interesting and fun. The conversation are very laid-back and easy to follow. The feedbacks from the peer are also constructive, very supportive with one another. Thank you!

By Juanita J

Aug 12, 2017

Very enjoyable course, challenging assignment, and a great instructor. The course content was well organized and presented. Brandon Skyhorse's presentations were well done and concise making his lessons easy to comprehend. Thanks for a great course!

By Arslan B

Apr 26, 2020

Thanks, tons, Wesleyan University, and Professor Brando Skyhorse. I loved the first course, The Craft of Plot, in the Creative Writing Specialization. I learned from this course, and I hope to learn some more from the remaining courses in this series.

By Chiam Y W

Jul 17, 2018

Very well broken down into bite sized and easily digested information on what a plot is to tips on drafting a plot. The assignments tied in directly with the content taught each week which really help to further deepen the understanding and learning.

By Mariana P

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent way to start diving into the awesome adventure that is creative writing. The structure of the course is laid out nicely for all learners - both beginners and more advance. Highly recommend it if you want to start learning more about writing.

By David Y

Apr 6, 2020

This was a highly useful — and not at all broad — delve into the things that really make and break creative writing. A short and well-crafted program that highlights issues in writing with the solutions best suited for creative writers of all levels.

By akanksha k

Sep 27, 2017

A really nice, easy to follow and well paced course. I'm a beginner at creative with a long lasting love for literature. By the end of this course I was able to write a complete story which was at least a one time good read. Not bad for a rookie :)

By Vasileia M

Sep 13, 2017

Great course! It really helps you realize the basics of plot and the requirements for writing a good book. Very analytical and easy to follow. Also the projects were very helpful as well as the feedback received form the peers. Highly reccomended!

By Paulette H

Jul 15, 2020

I really enjoyed this class. I learned a lot I did not know and some that I had learned but forgotten. Brando Skyhorse is an excellent teacher. I was able to see marked improvement in my writing skills. Thank you for making this course available.

By Tabitha R B

Jul 18, 2018

Really easy to follow, each writing assignment was a great challenge (the trickiest one was week three's). I took lots of notes, and will be referring back to them often with each writing project I take on (including the two series I'm writing).

By Yana D

Jun 6, 2020

This course gave me an understanding of what a right and interesting book should look like. The course not only clearly reads how a writer should design his book, but also what thoughts should be in his head. Thank you for this wonderful course!

By Salma H

Feb 12, 2019

Exceptional! This course has helped me with sourcing ideas, organizing my writing and developing a keener eye for structure in my stories. Thank you so much for this opportunity, and I'm looking forward to the next courses in the specialization!

By Neil D

Apr 29, 2017

This course took me one step closer to my goal to becoming a good writer. The material was presented clearly and efficiently. I liked the implementation of the peer review system and I found the ability to go at my own pace extremely gratifying.

By Abiola O

Feb 2, 2017

I had tried my hands at writing before, but this course gave a better grounding in the skills of writing a story. I feel more confident now . The module presentations were interesting and I particularly liked the interviews accomplished authors.