Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

426 - 450 of 1,343 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Renee C

Aug 30, 2016

I found this course useful in focusing my short stories. I found the lectures useful, interesting, and directly applicable to the assignments.

By Ayebainasuoton A

May 15, 2021

This was an excellent introductory course. Coming from a scientific field, this course has opened me up to be successful in creative writing.

By Melinda W

Oct 31, 2020

This is an interesting class. It helped remind me of things I learned in college but had forgotten. It was nice to just be creative again.

By Tashvi T

May 2, 2020

I loved the course, and I have learnt so many skills which I will definitely use in my writing. Thank you so much for this excellent course.

By Thiara C T

Dec 31, 2020

Amazing experiences through this course! Had the chance of putting things out of my head and finally read it. Great exercises and teacher.

By adam g

Apr 4, 2017

Thank you. This has enriched my life and given me such purpose and drive. Fantastically put together course, can wait to finish the next 4.

By Nada D

Aug 7, 2016

Very instructive once you get used to using the subscribed structures. Great mentor support and a nice bunch of people to bounce ideas off.

By Florencia P

Oct 16, 2017

The videos are very helpful. Brandon is awesome explaining. This course really helped me design better the plot before I started writing.

By Cláudia C M

Mar 3, 2016

This course is great. Before, I used to write not knowing what I was doing. Now, I write thinking about writing and having clearer gols.

By PUNARVASHU R

Aug 28, 2020

this is very good for the students or any person who were interesting in writing a story and it helps you to build strong plot writing.

By Mahuampy R

Jul 26, 2020

I loved everything about it. Learned so much and had soooo much fun with the assignments and the feedback with other students. Amazing!

By Shivani

Jun 28, 2020

This course was really helpful and I know I've learned about a lot of things I've been doing wrong and how I can stop from making them.

By Prem K

Mar 29, 2018

Great insight and instruction! The information on structuring scenes, revision, and how each chapter should be formed was VERY helpful

By Jana H

Jul 29, 2020

This is a wonderful class in plot! Brando has so many wonderful nuggets of wisdom, I took pages of notes. Definitely worth your time.

By Mariana B G

Jul 20, 2020

It's great for deeper understanding of the structure and work-frame that best suits a scene and a character to fully develop a story.

By Shelby H

Jan 12, 2019

I found this course very helpful and informative. I was not very good at plot and determining what my plots where before I took this.

By Heather K

Jul 15, 2018

Brando did a great job of teaching, and the assignments are amazing, and work great with the material. I've learned a lot! Thank you!

By Syeda A F

Jun 14, 2021

They planned the course well. It was explained, briefed but included all the necessary points. Shop talks were really helpful to me.

By Maria-Elisa D

Aug 20, 2020

Easy steps, simple to understand: I wrote my first stories ever!

Thank you professor Brando Skyhorse, you are a GREAT teacher!!

Elisa

By Shakira M

Jul 13, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. I learned a lot that I will use moving forward in order to write a compelling and intriguing story.

By Javier R

Jun 6, 2020

The most useful material in this entire specialization is the one given by Skyhorse. Many thanks, Brando, you are a natural teacher!

By Mazen J

Great start - I've been wanting to take up writing, really helped me re-assess where my characters go and what I'm looking to create

By bt19104081 L

May 14, 2020

This course has helped me get started in writing with creating different stories and has hence given me a start in a new direction.

By Jessica Ö

Dec 30, 2017

Very interesting and so much useful information. For anyone who's interested in writing of any kind, I highly recommend this course!

By Sonia F

Aug 8, 2017

Great course. I've learnt a lot and intend to continue with the whole writing course, now that I have some time during the holidays.