Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

751 - 775 of 877 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Mogeeb A R M

Dec 26, 2019

Very useful. Very simple, with a very warm atmosphere throughout the sessions videos, and the way of grading, and it gives a great importance for sharing grades, stories and ideas which is very nice. I really enjoyed it.

By Alexandra L

Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed it very much. Having tried my hand at writing, this was very helpful to see my mistakes and where I needed to pay more attention to my own writing. And SHOW! don't tell. OMGoodness, makes such a difference.

By Katrina C

Oct 02, 2019

I have enjoyed the course and liked the weekly flow of assignments. i have also enjoyed the tasks each session. i would have liked to receive at least one or maybe two professional reviews, instead of just peers.

By Fred R

Dec 21, 2017

I think I miss somehow contact with teachers, maybe because I have the sensation some of my peers live in a different galaxy. Maybe it would be a good thing to scale the reviews. But anyhow, an excellent course.

By Teresa S

Mar 23, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and felt I learned a lot. However, the reviews often were not helpful or very well thought out. I would be nice if there was some type of review from a professor or professional.

By Ramesh I

Jun 18, 2020

many new ideas but with a limited scope. it is an interesting course where one can learn the basics well. I feel it can be stretched a bit more with a couple of more exercises and submissions as an option.

By Cornelia M L

Mar 14, 2016

The course modules are helpful and easy to follow. I wish to give it 5 stars but because we, students, failed to experience the professor's feedback even in some of our thread, I think 4 stars are enough.

By Harsha V

Sep 27, 2016

I loved doing the course, and especially while doing each assignment of writing a story. The short guiding videos were to the point and interviews with personalities was engaging, Thanks for the course!!

By Naima M

Feb 16, 2016

Extremely innovative exercises and guidelines. Really opens one s brain to think creatively. The intructions for assignments need a bit more clarification.

A worthy ue of hard earned money.

Thanks Coursera

By Victoria C L

Oct 24, 2016

Love the clear direct explanations. Would have enjoyed more examples, more robust practice examples and a longer class overall, to l earn more plotting, but love the prof. Brandon knows how to teach!!

By Andrea E M

Apr 23, 2018

This course really allowed me to grow as a writer. The content was adjustable for a range of levels and the assignments challenged participants to put into practice that week's lectures. Thank you.

By Deepak S R

Jun 23, 2020

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Brando Skyhorse for bringing this electric course for aspiring writers. Next to all peers. Meticulously, It is a well organised one. Highly recommended.

By Andrea R C

May 17, 2019

I enjoyed the lectures, but it can be challenging to peer-review others and to be peer-reviewed when there is such a huge range in terms of writing skill and/or English fluency in the class.

By Andreas J

Jul 25, 2017

It was rather good.

Delivered a lot of information on how to construct a plot, and some good basics on how to build a character.

Learning about the ABDCE structure in particular was helpful.

By David C

Feb 01, 2018

The content of the course is very informative; however, the reviews from peers were, at times, unhelpful. For example, I was told by one reviewer that he/she liked that I used paragraphs.

By Andreas W

Aug 03, 2016

I learned a lot about doing it the better way, than I did. What would have been cool: The essential graphics from the videos and some school material to print out and work with it.

THX!

By Abhinav T

Jan 19, 2017

A very good course on Plot by Brandon Skyhorse. Would have loved to go in more details into scene construction and structure. That is why gave it 4 stars, else it was a clear cut 5 star

By Laura V

Feb 28, 2019

A great, easy-to-follow course that will suit anyone with a tight schedule. Navigating the website wasn't always straight-forward but I found all the information I needed in the end,

By Ashlee S

Feb 27, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I would highly recommend it to new writers, old authors, editors, and anyone interested in stories. It was a great recap and refreshed the basics.

By Bernat R

Aug 08, 2017

Before the course had teachers to evaluate and give counsel to the pupils. Perhaps that should be brought back. Still I see a useful point in making us review our peer's work

By David A

Jun 05, 2020

Superb instruction with people who know their craft. My only reservation is this is strict "Peer Reviewed" and I would have appreciated my work evaluated by an instructor.

By P. E K

Oct 06, 2018

Felt the student feedback was a little cursory and the lectures were a little too much watch and learn. But the content was wonderful and the professors were thoughtful.

By Kaitlyn B

Aug 01, 2019

I have been writing since I was twelve, and this is the first time I've been able to clearly see what I need to do with my plots. This is good for writers at any stage.

By Lena L

Sep 19, 2016

It makes you write a lot and that's the most important thing. However, there are some small inconsistencies in the materials, so additional reading might be recommended.

By Subash G

Mar 03, 2017

Very good introduction class and i really learned a thing or two: particularly about the ABDCE structure and the guidance around always starting a scene with an action.