Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

776 - 800 of 870 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Becky D

May 27, 2019

I found the lectures to be useful. However, the assignments were not always clearly communicated, and the peer feedback was inconsistent at times.

By Brigitte P

Oct 31, 2018

Excellent course. I would have liked to have an assignment to write a longer story using all the course lessons. A full story with each scene.

By janak l

Dec 28, 2016

Good course. Got chance to read some interesting stories while reviewing peers. Discovered what I was doing wrong while writing stories.

By Michelle S

Mar 07, 2017

Easy to follow and exercises were helpful to better understand the classes and to motivate towards more interesting writting. Thanks!

By Cristina B

Jun 06, 2020

It was a good learning method and I appreciate the lessons and the invited speakers that share so greatly from their experience.

By Nyema J

Jul 19, 2018

This is giving me a methodology and moved me more towards enriching my characters and showing the story as opposed to telling it

By Tracy B

Oct 14, 2017

The course instruction helped me develop my story more clearly. I do wish that there was some review other than just by peers.

By Joel D P

Jun 28, 2018

Pretty good course, learned a lot and honed my skills as a writer. Really enjoyed the lessons and would love to learn more.

By Jing Y

May 04, 2016

Clear and concise. Instructional. The only thing that I hope is to get more examples from the course except explanations.

By Lynn U

Jun 11, 2017

I liked the ABDCE formula. It directed my thoughts and ultimately enabled my story to take a more satisfying direction.

By Yaqing H

May 23, 2016

The content is interesting, but not rich enough for a course. I finished all the videos and assignments in only 2 days.

By Diego D C

Mar 30, 2016

highly inspirational, clear, to the point. just sorry that assignments are only for fully registered course followers

By Analee P

Aug 28, 2018

I would have preferred to also get feedback from the course instructor. The peer reviews were sometimes wanting.

By Hemant R J

Sep 05, 2017

Brando was excellent in specifying the methodological way of writing stories. Thanks for the 21 point checklist!

By Kislay A K

Mar 01, 2016

Short, pithy descriptions; to the point advice/ suggestions with leeway to alter the structure. Worth the time.

By David J W S

Jan 01, 2017

Very interesting and enjoyable. Perhaps a little shorter than I expected, although I only audited the course.

By Khushbu P

it's a very good and knowledgeable course especially for the one who want to make their career in writing

By Vibeke K

Dec 07, 2017

Content of course is great, but it needs som fixes in the assessment routines to function better.

By Nina W

Mar 10, 2017

Useful and tangible knowledge delivered succinctly. Writing prompts a bit rigid and specific.

By RACHEL J

It was very helpful, could improve my writing skills and understand more about story writing

By Onur Ş

Feb 20, 2018

Good for beginners to understand how to write and even how to read any fictional writings.

By Raimundo P M

Oct 05, 2016

Simple, great start, could have been a little more profound though. Great start, no doubt.

By Willie E

Apr 02, 2016

Good exercises. Good, interesting, helpful teacher. short lessons. concrete instructions

By Rodolfo T M

Dec 06, 2018

The course is good, specially the assignments, although it's not deep enough for 5 stars.

By Paul F H

Nov 20, 2016

I enjoyed the course which was well presented and I feel I have learnt much from it.