Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

SD

Jul 14, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

901 - 925 of 1,029 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Laura V

Feb 28, 2019

A great, easy-to-follow course that will suit anyone with a tight schedule. Navigating the website wasn't always straight-forward but I found all the information I needed in the end,

By Ashlee S

Feb 27, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I would highly recommend it to new writers, old authors, editors, and anyone interested in stories. It was a great recap and refreshed the basics.

By Bernat R

Aug 08, 2017

Before the course had teachers to evaluate and give counsel to the pupils. Perhaps that should be brought back. Still I see a useful point in making us review our peer's work

By David A

Jun 05, 2020

Superb instruction with people who know their craft. My only reservation is this is strict "Peer Reviewed" and I would have appreciated my work evaluated by an instructor.

By P. E K

Oct 06, 2018

Felt the student feedback was a little cursory and the lectures were a little too much watch and learn. But the content was wonderful and the professors were thoughtful.

By Kaitlyn B

Aug 01, 2019

I have been writing since I was twelve, and this is the first time I've been able to clearly see what I need to do with my plots. This is good for writers at any stage.

By Lena L

Sep 19, 2016

It makes you write a lot and that's the most important thing. However, there are some small inconsistencies in the materials, so additional reading might be recommended.

By Subash G

Mar 03, 2017

Very good introduction class and i really learned a thing or two: particularly about the ABDCE structure and the guidance around always starting a scene with an action.

By James D R

Feb 27, 2018

Great fun, with excellent and interesting video tutorials. I found the course to challenge me far more than I thought it would. It was a really rewarding experience.

By Andrea G G

Mar 18, 2020

O curso dá uma boa base para quem deseja iniciar a carreira de escritor ao ensinar os aspectos mais importantes na construção de uma boa história. Super recomendo!

By Ian B

Jun 21, 2017

Great course for establishing the common structure for fictional storytelling. Would recommend for the aspiring writer, or someone looking to sharpen their skills.

By Sarah D

Aug 12, 2020

I really would have liked some professional feedback. Sometimes the word count inhibited creativity, but most times, I managed to get the absolutely necessary in.

By Anudari Y

Dec 12, 2019

Very to the point and useful as a short starter set to plot. It was well presented and pleasant to listen through, with practical examples and interesting guests.

By Ozlem S

May 26, 2016

The instructor has done a good job with the structure and assignments for this course. He explains the course and the assignments very well. I enjoyed the course.

By Arun R

I think the scene vs plot vs story could be clearer. Each module described a plot or a scene but the assignment asked us to write a story. A little confusing.

By Sharon

Mar 15, 2016

Thank you for giving me some concrete guidelines. I enjoyed following along without doing the assignments. Grateful to be able to be a part of the learning.

By Windy P

Sep 22, 2020

I do wish the instructor had gone into a little more detail about creating a full plot. Maybe offered some ideas on tools to help with development.

By Becky D

May 27, 2019

I found the lectures to be useful. However, the assignments were not always clearly communicated, and the peer feedback was inconsistent at times.

By Santiago L L

Aug 20, 2020

The course is a good introduction to creative writing. I found it useful and well strucutred, but I have to say to me it was a little too short.

By Brigitte P

Oct 31, 2018

Excellent course. I would have liked to have an assignment to write a longer story using all the course lessons. A full story with each scene.

By Luis R

Sep 21, 2020

Un curso muy completo y enfocado a principiantes. Se recomienda usar grupos de whatsapp con los estudiantes que puedas para compartir tareas

By janak l

Dec 28, 2016

Good course. Got chance to read some interesting stories while reviewing peers. Discovered what I was doing wrong while writing stories.

By Michelle S

Mar 07, 2017

Easy to follow and exercises were helpful to better understand the classes and to motivate towards more interesting writting. Thanks!

By Cristina B

Jun 06, 2020

It was a good learning method and I appreciate the lessons and the invited speakers that share so greatly from their experience.

By Nyema J

Jul 19, 2018

This is giving me a methodology and moved me more towards enriching my characters and showing the story as opposed to telling it