Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

1101 - 1125 of 1,242 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Anudari Y

Dec 12, 2019

Very to the point and useful as a short starter set to plot. It was well presented and pleasant to listen through, with practical examples and interesting guests.

By Ozlem S

May 26, 2016

The instructor has done a good job with the structure and assignments for this course. He explains the course and the assignments very well. I enjoyed the course.

By Arun R

I think the scene vs plot vs story could be clearer. Each module described a plot or a scene but the assignment asked us to write a story. A little confusing.

By Sharon

Mar 14, 2016

Thank you for giving me some concrete guidelines. I enjoyed following along without doing the assignments. Grateful to be able to be a part of the learning.

By Windy P

Sep 22, 2020

I do wish the instructor had gone into a little more detail about creating a full plot. Maybe offered some ideas on tools to help with development.

By Becky D

May 27, 2019

I found the lectures to be useful. However, the assignments were not always clearly communicated, and the peer feedback was inconsistent at times.

By Santiago L L

Aug 20, 2020

The course is a good introduction to creative writing. I found it useful and well strucutred, but I have to say to me it was a little too short.

By Bridgit

Oct 31, 2018

Excellent course. I would have liked to have an assignment to write a longer story using all the course lessons. A full story with each scene.

By Luis R

Sep 20, 2020

Un curso muy completo y enfocado a principiantes. Se recomienda usar grupos de whatsapp con los estudiantes que puedas para compartir tareas

By janak l

Dec 28, 2016

Good course. Got chance to read some interesting stories while reviewing peers. Discovered what I was doing wrong while writing stories.

By Khadim H

Jan 29, 2021

This course was really informative and inspiring. It enhanced my creative writing. I expect for more courses with extensive contents.

By Michelle S

Mar 7, 2017

Easy to follow and exercises were helpful to better understand the classes and to motivate towards more interesting writting. Thanks!

By Edismldc

Nov 1, 2020

I only wish that the videos would be longer, have a better production quality, I'd like to see not only slides but also videos, etc.

By Cristina B

Jun 6, 2020

It was a good learning method and I appreciate the lessons and the invited speakers that share so greatly from their experience.

By Nyema J

Jul 19, 2018

This is giving me a methodology and moved me more towards enriching my characters and showing the story as opposed to telling it

By Beth P

Sep 2, 2020

I enjoyed the structured assignments that provided prompts and especially liked the guests who joined the course along the way.

By Tracy B

Oct 14, 2017

The course instruction helped me develop my story more clearly. I do wish that there was some review other than just by peers.

By Emma R

Jan 31, 2021

Love this resource and Brando and his colleagues. Would have enjoyed longer videos sometimes, they were always pretty short.

By Joel D P

Jun 27, 2018

Pretty good course, learned a lot and honed my skills as a writer. Really enjoyed the lessons and would love to learn more.

By Alishba M

Oct 8, 2020

I loved this course, very enlightening. The instructor was very insightful, and the feedback received is extremely helpful

By Jing Y

May 4, 2016

Clear and concise. Instructional. The only thing that I hope is to get more examples from the course except explanations.

By Lynn U

Jun 11, 2017

I liked the ABDCE formula. It directed my thoughts and ultimately enabled my story to take a more satisfying direction.

By Yaqing H

May 23, 2016

The content is interesting, but not rich enough for a course. I finished all the videos and assignments in only 2 days.

By Diego D C

Mar 30, 2016

highly inspirational, clear, to the point. just sorry that assignments are only for fully registered course followers

By Tom S

Oct 23, 2020

content is exclllent but i found some of the peer assesment wasn't as constructive/helpful as i would have liked.