Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description by Wesleyan University

In this course aspiring writers will be introduced to the techniques that masters of fiction use to ground a story in a concrete world. From the most realist settings to the most fantastical, writers will learn how to describe the physical world in sharp, sensory detail. We will also learn how to build credibility through research, and to use creative meditation exercises to deepen our own understanding of our story worlds, so that our readers can see all that we imagine....

EG
Jul 1, 2020

Great course, it taught me things that I would have never learned otherwise, in this course you must take your time, don't rush, because if you do you will miss the most important points of the curse.

AM
Jan 19, 2021

This was such a wonderful course. I got to learn a lot about strange lands, imaginative description etc. Generally how to set my world and describe it in a convincing manner. I totally recommend it.

201 - 225 of 361 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description

By leena m s

Jul 7, 2017

Amity , i think your the greatest professor ever

you made me fall in love with this course

By Sidharthan K

Oct 24, 2016

The assignments are challenging and fun to do. I feel like my writing has improved a lot!

By Basel

Mar 22, 2016

Wow! This is a real good one! And also the extra literature is waaaaaaay to interesting!!

By Thalia V

Feb 16, 2021

I've taken quite a few creative writing classes, but I've especially enjoyed this one.

By Edgar A

Sep 16, 2020

Es un curso muy interactivo, ademas de desarrollar tu imaginación a niveles muy alto .

By Jack H

May 1, 2018

This was an EXCELLENT course and I just e-mailed a driend about it a half an hour ago.

By Michael C

Mar 2, 2016

What a great course. It was accessible, but at the same time challenging. Wonderful!

By Dr. M S K

Jul 13, 2020

wonderful course, the trainer has done her job excellently in presenting the topics

By ABHIRAJ S D

Aug 3, 2018

I have learned so much from this course.And this might be the best of the 5 courses

By Adrienna M

Oct 17, 2018

Really great information, and a good start to learning about the craft of writing.

By Davide P

Oct 22, 2019

The teacher is really really good - one of the best learning experience so far.

By Angel M

Jun 14, 2019

Insightful. A clear and direct approach to the craft of setting and description

By Brian C

Sep 17, 2017

Enjoyed the course. Had to stretch on some of the exercises, a good experience.

By Michael R

Sep 20, 2016

The examples and the assignments are very cleverly thought out. Good teaching!

By Madhu K S

Nov 4, 2018

THis was a short course, I liked it. Assignments were challenging and unique.

By Lori B B (

Nov 29, 2017

This was a very good course. It was a great addition to my writer's tool kit.

By Madeleine W

Mar 25, 2017

Really informative course that makes you look at what you read more closely.

By P. E K

Oct 15, 2018

It was a treat hearing from Ms. Gaige, one of my all-time favorite writers.

By Luigi L

Oct 30, 2020

Me hizo tomar conciencia de la importancia del escenario y su descripción.

By Lana M

Mar 17, 2016

Amity Gaige was a tremendous instructor. It was a very enjoyable course.

By Jennifer T

Apr 29, 2018

Great easy to understand explanations of the creating writing concepts!

By Cristofer C L

May 18, 2017

Awesome course, excellent instructor. I am a way better writer for it!

By Jenn K

Aug 15, 2016

Such a great inspiring teacher. My favourite course on this Platform.

By Denise C

Mar 29, 2021

I absolutely enjoyed Amity Gaige's style of instruction. Thank you!

By Nick T

The best of the first three, outstanding exercises and information.