Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Style

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Writing: The Craft of Style by Wesleyan University

Your style is as unique and distinctive as your face, your voice, except that you can choose it, you can can work on it, enhance it. In this course we will introduce aspiring writers to the art of putting pressure on written language. We will study the use of metaphor and imagery, and demonstrate how clarity, grace, and inventiveness in word choice are imperative to a story’s success. Writers will emerge with the revision skills essential to all writers of good stories and good prose....

MS
Apr 18, 2016

Great class for the content I needed. I audited this class and benefited from the theory discussion and practical exercises. The class guided me to improve my writing style which was my ultimate goal.

LR
Dec 17, 2018

Lessons were well done, good mix of teaching and illuminating discussion between accomplished writers. Exercises are creative and well thought out. Feedback from classmates is generally helpful.

101 - 125 of 249 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Style

By Piyush M

Jul 16, 2020

The exercises were way better than a few of the other courses and the instructor was really easy to connect to. Totally recommend it!!

By Vicky T

Apr 30, 2020

Good challenging activities, but ones that were well explained. I enjoyed the texts we were treated do and some of the writing tricks!

By Charlene W

Oct 17, 2017

This was a very challenging module. We think writing is about using flowery descriptions but being succinct makes for a better read.

By Ananya M

Aug 1, 2018

Loved loved loved. I learnt so much in these four weeks, I'm so thankful to Mr. Salvatore! Thank you so much, this was truly great.

By Merlin M

Jul 13, 2020

this was such an interesting course. i highly recommend this to anyone who is looking forward to improve your writing skills.

By Raul N C G

Jan 14, 2019

Content and instructor praiseworthy! Good structure and very interesting exercise. The course was a joy to take. Cheers, Raul

By Hector M C L

Feb 14, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, I thought the assignments were challenging and the lectures were really inspiring and clear.

By Chew W Y

Sep 9, 2016

I like all the writing courses organized by Wesleyan, I find the content meaningful and the instructors approachable.

By Bernat R

Nov 28, 2017

Very important to rookie writers in my opinion, and very practical and appliable to any short or long writing.

By Luana B

Aug 17, 2016

Another great course of the Creative writing specialization. It was really interesting and helpful. Thank you!

By Matthew H

Nov 8, 2017

I really enjoy this guy's style. No pun intended! His conversational and sincere delivery keep you engaged.

By Terry T

Feb 27, 2017

This course is just what I needed, a lesson in the mechanics of writing. Difficult coursework but worth it.

By Valerie H

May 26, 2018

Great course! Salvator is very engaging and knowledgeable. Would love to take a course from him in person.

By Jana H

Aug 4, 2020

There is so much concrete information in this course! It really helped take my writing to the next level.

By Alexis K

May 9, 2020

This was a great course that became an eye-opener for learning the basics of writing and its groundwork.

By Mihir G

Oct 11, 2017

Phenomenal! Salvatore's lessons are really great. The best course of this specialization, in my opinion.

By Hanlie B

Feb 2, 2017

Really enjoyed the course, well thought out, well presented, changed the way I am writing. Recommend!

By Arun

Nov 21, 2017

Amazing and very much important course covering most of the aspects and helpful for beginner writter.

By Sean D

Sep 27, 2018

Another fantastic course. This one really helped to develop more succinct and polished storylines.

By Elizabeth G

Aug 5, 2017

I am glad I took this last. The assignments are challenging and push me. A lot of learning here!!

By Jillian K

Dec 5, 2017

This course was an excellent blend of basics and simple intense assignments to practice the conc

By Zach S

Jun 8, 2020

Salvatore is awesome! He presents fascinating ways to consider writer's choices. Very engaging.

By Khemchand S

Apr 10, 2017

What an amazing class! Very structured, great exercises, excellent advice, and I learned a lot.

By Iryna A

Aug 11, 2017

It was interesting and educational, teaching me skills about writing I didn't think I needed.

By Agustina S

Jun 9, 2020

The exercises really help put into practice the theory. I loved how the course was developed