Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Style

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Writing: The Craft of Style by Wesleyan University

Your style is as unique and distinctive as your face, your voice, except that you can choose it, you can can work on it, enhance it. In this course we will introduce aspiring writers to the art of putting pressure on written language. We will study the use of metaphor and imagery, and demonstrate how clarity, grace, and inventiveness in word choice are imperative to a story’s success. Writers will emerge with the revision skills essential to all writers of good stories and good prose....

MS
Apr 18, 2016

Great class for the content I needed. I audited this class and benefited from the theory discussion and practical exercises. The class guided me to improve my writing style which was my ultimate goal.

LR
Dec 17, 2018

Lessons were well done, good mix of teaching and illuminating discussion between accomplished writers. Exercises are creative and well thought out. Feedback from classmates is generally helpful.

126 - 150 of 277 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Style

By Jana H

Aug 4, 2020

There is so much concrete information in this course! It really helped take my writing to the next level.

By Alexis K

May 9, 2020

This was a great course that became an eye-opener for learning the basics of writing and its groundwork.

By Mihir G

Oct 11, 2017

Phenomenal! Salvatore's lessons are really great. The best course of this specialization, in my opinion.

By Hanlie B

Feb 2, 2017

Really enjoyed the course, well thought out, well presented, changed the way I am writing. Recommend!

By Arun

Nov 21, 2017

Amazing and very much important course covering most of the aspects and helpful for beginner writter.

By Nat B

May 30, 2021

i am enjoying the classes. the instructions are pretty clear. the rest depends on a writer itself.

By Sean D

Sep 27, 2018

Another fantastic course. This one really helped to develop more succinct and polished storylines.

By Elizabeth G

Aug 5, 2017

I am glad I took this last. The assignments are challenging and push me. A lot of learning here!!

By Jillian K

Dec 5, 2017

This course was an excellent blend of basics and simple intense assignments to practice the conc

By Zach S

Jun 8, 2020

Salvatore is awesome! He presents fascinating ways to consider writer's choices. Very engaging.

By Khemchand S

Apr 10, 2017

What an amazing class! Very structured, great exercises, excellent advice, and I learned a lot.

By Vishnu N

Apr 1, 2021

Knowing what I want to write, how I write it and understand myself. This course really helped.

By Iryna A

Aug 11, 2017

It was interesting and educational, teaching me skills about writing I didn't think I needed.

By Agustina S

Jun 9, 2020

The exercises really help put into practice the theory. I loved how the course was developed

By Javier R

Jun 8, 2020

Salvatore knows his stuff. It was a real pleasure (and very productive) to learn from him.

By Esho K

The course touched on vital areas and sharpened my creative writing skill. I learnt a lot.

By Shalini N

Jul 15, 2018

I have truly learn a lot from this course. Each week had something new to learn and apply.

By Cristofer C L

Oct 6, 2016

I feel like a much better writer and I feel capable of going about getting published now.

By Matthew J G

Sep 6, 2017

Out of all of the courses, this one is definitely the most enjoyable to write tasks for.

By Ezekiel J M R

May 21, 2019

It was a great course and experience. I learned so much from the challenging workshops.

By Chris B

Jul 31, 2016

I think this was the best of the four Wesleyan Creative Writing specialization courses.

By C.J. U

Sep 24, 2020

The course has great assignments that pushed me to be even more creative. Thank you!

By karthickjayasekar

Jul 23, 2020

the course is very useful for developing my writing skills... I loved this course...

By Gicela H y G

Mar 26, 2017

An excellent course dedicated to you developing your voice through tough exercises.

By joseph d r

Aug 7, 2020

Really enjoyed the teachers style and appreciate the "pyramid" lecture. Thank you!