Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

226 - 250 of 538 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By José A A I

Apr 27, 2020

This course gave me another perspective about my life.

By Oladipo B O

Sep 6, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It was worth the time.

By suharsa a

Aug 6, 2020

really something different for develop my creativity

By Aaron S

Jul 7, 2020

Fun and engaging gets one out of their comfort zone.

By Vishal K M

Jun 29, 2020

Very good course, it improved learning capabilities.

Apr 27, 2020

Good course to think diversely. Thank you Coursera.

By Himani

May 7, 2020

It pushed me to think and assignments were creative

By Kati H

Apr 29, 2020

I was so amazed how i learned about myself so much!

By Srishti R

Apr 22, 2020

I enjoyed the entire process of thinking creatively

By Shan Y

Jul 12, 2016

The concept is interesting and the graph is visual.

By Izabella O d S

Jun 28, 2020

Curso de abre a mente de uma forma bem necessária.

By Fernando S -

Apr 16, 2020

Best for solving problem learning so much to learn

By Matt A

Aug 23, 2019

Fun course that gets you out of your comfort zone.

By Mehtab A K

Apr 27, 2020

it really enforces to think something differently

By Michael V N

Sep 14, 2020

this is a good for learning about the creativity

By Huyen N L

Sep 4, 2020

Great course to practice creativity!

Thank you!

By Carleen C C

Jul 30, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. Thank you UM!

By Antonia A

Jun 15, 2020

Very entertaining and interesting assignments!

By ZAMZAM D

Jun 1, 2020

Creative Problem Solving is very good course.

By Taufan D N

Apr 16, 2020

Challenging for me to get out from my habits

By Md. S A

this is the best course i have ever seen...

By Zeeshan A P

Jul 3, 2020

Superb Course, & hats off to the Professor

By Haris F A

amazing course with challenging assignment

By Kaushika T

This is great course for learn creativity.

By LYDIA-ZOI P

VERY INTERESTING AND FUNNY! GREAT TEACHER!