Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

51 - 75 of 538 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Andraea Z

This course was excellent; I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I recommend this to everyone. It's already changed the way I think, and I look forward to seeing how divergent creative thinking spills out in every aspect of my life, including work.

By Meita K

Apr 25, 2020

Instructions are clear and easy to understand. The way the lecturers talk are very calming and motivating, so that encouraged me to do something beyond my limit or what i thought was my limit. I enjoyed this class a lot, thank you so much.

By Diego C

Nov 11, 2015

Esta curso ha sido de gran ayuda para incentivar la creatividad y el pensamiento innovador, para salirse de la caja en la cual siempre nos colocamos, donde tenemos restricciones que incluso son puestas de acuerdo a nuestra educación y c

By Pallavi

Jul 30, 2020

Thank you Coursera for this platform. I would like to thank our professor and content creators. I am thankful to University of Minnesota for sponsoring this program. Thanks to all the peers who evaluated my project nicely. :)

By Appili V K

Jul 31, 2020

This Course is Excellent. The professor is great. We will Learn how to think more creatively. Don't do this course in 1 week, take time. This is a creative fun Project type of coursework. So kindly do slow and have fun

By Antonella M T B

Aug 1, 2020

Im so glad I took this course, I think it was really life changing and It has helped me see things in a different way. Im so excited to apply this new knowledge to my everyday work and experiences. Thank you so much!

By Nickitha C

Jun 5, 2020

By Akram T B

Apr 26, 2020

It is a nice class to teach you how to look differently at problems and that there are more than one way to solve it. Very basic course in problem solving but still enjoyable nonetheless

By Jonn M

Sep 6, 2020

This course seemed disjointed. I got the feeling the videos were taken from other courses and mashed together to create this course. It could have been more coherent, concise, and straightforward. The review questions didn't always match the instructions for the exercises. I was often left confused about what exactly was being asked to do or how to evaluate peers' work. I suggest cleaning this course up would have students be more excited about the course, and more motivated to do many more exercises.

By Detthana S

May 6, 2020

I learned how to think fluently. May I suggest? The content of the course sound interesting but the thing is I stii have no idea about how to solve problem creatively. And the quality of the VDOs were very low and boring. Although I got something useful from this course but overall I am not happy. Thanks for those techniques! Cheers!

By DOMENICO T

Apr 11, 2020

some video was repeted creativity and motivation. most of them are poor of information, one of the best coming from outsorcing (ted conference). the readhead speaker was really hot!

By Egor S

Aug 15, 2020

Really, really thank thanks to you all, who was working on that cource! It was my first expirience with Coursera, and I'm happy it was with that course. Such many interesting information. creative ideas, life hacks and other usefull, creative and funny things! I had real kids-tyoe joy to do DSD, read comments from peers, and have fun study together. Plus, I'm mature man, getting close to my 50, and this course revived me, gave me new perspectives in thinking, Creative Problem Solving and whole life! Thank you, Coursera, thank you teachers, thank you peers! God bless you all. All the best to you from bottom of my Russian heart in cold Sweden :) Give us some more good courses and exciting studies! Yours, Egor Sonin.

By Kopal A G

Jun 10, 2020

Creativity is important for people working in all kinds of fields and not just in the creative areas. This course delivers powerful insights into developing divergent thinking and thus better ideas. The instructor is really well-versed with the topic and keeps the learner hooked with great lecture delivering skills. The Doing Something Different Challenges helps the learner to experience being creative in a practical sense and not just theoretically. I would recommend this course! 10/10

By Maria E D

Jul 11, 2020

Even though I am an artist-painter and I have always considered myself to be very creative, this course made me realize what it really means to be highly creative: it means to try to create new ideas daily in our day to day life; it also means to try to solve problems in different ways, or using objects in non-traditional ways; all those daily exercises will increase our creative skills because creativity ought to be exercised just as we exercise the muscles in our bodies. Thanks!

By anchana b

Sep 10, 2020

Received email recommended this course from Coursera. It is my 1st right brain course. The instructors are wonderful and the assignments are all fun and exciting. I have learnt many techniques such as DSD, mind map, divergent thinking every time brush your teeth, etc. I also receive the unexpected certificate. Thanks Coursera.

By Melvin V

Jul 6, 2020

Very interesting course. While I was in the middle of it, the techniques learned in this course helped me come up with a solution to a problem that aroused at work that I am convinced I would have spent days trying to solve otherwise. I'm very satisfied with it and do recommend it. It was money well spent.

By Win M

Nov 22, 2020

I'm really glad that I joined this precious course. I believed that I can be creative, but I doubt about how creative I am. And this course helped me with how to be creative more than I can and even with finding the solution for every cases by thinking creatively and diversely. Loved the point of DSDs!

By Eddie S

Aug 23, 2020

I have a little difficulty since English is not my mother language and also the sound are not loud enough for me. I have to repeat a lot of times when i didn't hear the sounds. Overall its encouraging you to do something uniquely and be more brave, also you have to got a strong internal motivation.

By JAYA K R K

Jul 22, 2020

I have came across the significance of divergent thinking rather than stopping with convergent thinking (one idea) and how well our physical and social environment influences the creativity in us. This course helped me to think in a different aspect of ideas. Make use of the course effectively.

By Can D

This class teaches different ways of thinking. Also it teaches you the benefits of creativity. Creative thinking results in creative ideas, which results in maybe new amazing things. The videos are very clear even tho my english is very bad, it was easy to understand. It was fun too :) thanks

By Khalid A M A H

Jul 4, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course , and i wish i had more time to write a review, but I am being sent to the military again in a few hours and need some sleep , thank you for this opportunity you have offered me , it has opened my eyes to online learning, and how to be a better me.

By Jemicha E G

Jul 29, 2020

This is my first experience for me to join this Course, I could't imagine that the material was great and attractive and engage , always try to think different, eat different too :-) and find new perspective.

Hopefully it can be useful for my job

Thanks

By Charles N

Jun 29, 2020

This course digs deep into making you advance yourself and your creativity by focusing on methods needed to strengthen your already present creativity at the end of the day if you use the methods you will be in a never ending improved curve . THANKS

By Pragash N

Jul 1, 2020

This course is really amazing and help students to gain their knowledge and also their self improvement.This course help me to improve my self experience by doing DSD task and it’s a beneficial course for me and also for other students as well

By Jahanvi S

Jun 24, 2020

This is an absolutely amazing way to get back to your childhood and become creative more than you are . It was very well planned and teaching was simple and easy going . one can easily finish the course . It was practical enough .