Back to Critical Thinking Skills for University Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Critical Thinking Skills for University Success by The University of Sydney

In this course, you will learn how to develop your Critical Thinking Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Use critical thinking and argumentation in university contexts to improve academic results 2. Understand the importance and function of critical thinking in academic culture 3. Use a variety of thinking tools to improve critical thinking 4. Identify types of argument, and bias within arguments, in order to better evaluate the strength of arguments 5. Use evidence to support claims in arguments 6. Apply critical thinking and argumentation to real world problems and issues...

AH

May 14, 2019

Very interesting and well structured course. Condenses a lot of theory into something manageable and includes lots of quizes and exercises to put new learnings into practice.

MA

I always want this course and finally I found it, I am glad to be part of Coursera

1 - 25 of 28 Reviews for Critical Thinking Skills for University Success

By Alexander J H

May 14, 2019

By BHASKAR C M R

Aug 11, 2019

Fantastic course. It did give a depth and also made me practice critical thinking.

By Harkiranpal S K S

May 05, 2020

Excellent course. Really fantastic speakers. Really enjoyed every moment of it

By Tharini D A

Jun 08, 2020

I truly appreciate for giving me an opportunity to follow this course on Coursera. This course on Critical Thinking Skills for University Success has truly helped me to learn areas that I had not previously come across when studying as an undergraduate. Today, thanks to all the instructors who put their concerted efforts in teaching this course, I am confident to follow courses that involve and require Critical Thinking Skills. I am truly grateful to everyone of you. Many thanks to all.

By Ajith K S

This course was really helpful. I learnt how to critically analyse a passage find fallacy,biases and assumptions in them. Now i can properly write a piece of essay with hedging and convey my message. Thank you Prof.Luke

By Trinh T T

Dec 23, 2019

Great course! It is very realistic, and in-detailed knowledge and exercises will help you a lot. I highly recommend the course, it is not only important for the uni life, but throughout your whole life :)

By Michael N A

By Shraddha B

Wonderful Course!

A must for students at Universities

By VinhNQHE141143

Apr 25, 2020

very usefull for me in my life

By MaiNTTHE150219

Apr 23, 2020

it's so helpful for my brain

By john m

Mar 06, 2020

Perfect

By Phạm Đ T

Jul 08, 2020

Good

By Nguyen T P T

Jul 01, 2020

Good

By Kazi R N P

May 06, 2020

This is a great course that allows students to become familiar with argument, argument types, questioning, logical fallacies, biases and assumption and a whole lot more. However, I wish people took the discussion forums more seriously as the course wanted because there are replies that are totally nonsensical such as 'abcdef'.

By Rita B

Jun 23, 2020

GREAT COURSE WITH BASIC UNDERSTANDING, GIVES AN INSIGHT WHEN WRITING THESES AND HELPS YOU TO KEEP INTEGRITY AND TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. I THINK MORE EXPLANATIONS SHOULD BE SHARED ON UNDERSTANDING ARGUMENTS.

By Diego L d C

Jun 06, 2020

The material of the course is very good. You can learn very useful critical skills if you apply yourself: unfortunately, many people don't.

By Kate A

Jul 11, 2019

This is a helpful course for preparing for academic reading, writing and thinking.