Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BH

Jan 14, 2020

Provides a comprehensive introduction to cryptographic history, current technology, best practices and known attacker techniques. A great deal of material is covered in a relatively compact program.

LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

151 - 175 of 673 Reviews for Cryptography I

By Alexander H C

Aug 11, 2019

Definitely the most interesting course I've taken on Coursera. Great material, very well presented. I recommend doing the optional programming assignments, they're a lot of fun.

By 石靖雨

Jun 25, 2018

awesome! It takes some time for me to understand some concepts and I need to pause a lot when watching the video, thus it may take you more time to study than the estimated time.

By Liu Y

Jun 01, 2019

amazing course, i take it 6 years ago and forget everything, but again,learn crypto, like meet a familiar new friend, feel enjoyable with what professor Dan Boneh have taught me

By Pierre M

Jun 01, 2018

Loved this course.... Dan Boneh is clear, and covers amazing subjects that were not perfectly for me before attending the course (RSA, DH...).

Great job and thank you very much !

By Jean P

Dec 17, 2017

I finished the first week of the course, the instructor makes it easier to understand, so far, the course is interesting, I now understands what cryptography is and how it works

By Khyati S

Apr 15, 2016

I love the pace of the course. The content and narration is crisp and informative. Exactly what i was looking for. I loved the initial brush up sessions on discrete probability.

By Mike M

Jul 09, 2017

Wonderful, wonderful course. A journey that establish my mindset for cryptography. My only complain is the long-long wait for the second part of this course - Cryptography II.

By Tapas K N

Nov 28, 2018

This is a very nice course. It is my first Crypto course. Professor Dan Boneh, you explained concepts nicely. It made me realize how crazy and intelligent hacks are possible.

By Faxing W

excellent course,the professor explains the concept in this course surprisedly clear. Finish this course can build a fundamental structure to pursue research in crypto field

By Michallis P

Apr 01, 2017

Excellent course to master the basics of cryptography, and for smart card developers to understand what's written in the specifications. Crytpography II is my next goal :-)

By Albert G

Jul 01, 2018

The course materials are well organized and concentrated. I fully enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. Courses like this approach maximum efficiency for learning.

By Srinivas I

Oct 08, 2016

Very informative beginner course. Perfect for someone who needs to understand the basics. Prof Boneh's instructions were excellent and the quizzes were tough but valuable.

By Mariusz D

Mar 30, 2016

Really good course, instructor provides real life examples a tries to avoid the mathematic abstractions to minimum - relying rather on intuition and pictorial examples.

By Joseph M

Dec 16, 2017

A difficult, but rewarding course. Much more theoretical than I was expecting, and I would suggest a strong Maths background for anybody considering taking the course.

By Thein T T L

May 31, 2017

This is a really exciting and enjoyable course. I've learnt a lot. The segments are structured very well, and the assessment questions and exercises are very helpful.

By Anthony H

May 06, 2017

Very clear yet challenging introduction to basic cryptography concepts. Be sure to take notes and practice as much as possible with the modular arithmetic presented.

By Michael T

Mar 04, 2018

I enjoyed the not-too-much-mathematical approach of diging into crypto basics. All popular (practical) questions arise and are discussed in understandable manner.

By Hilmi E

May 29, 2017

Excellent course.. A wonderful mix of sound theory and practical applications. Delivered by one of the top experts in the field and his excellent support team..

By Vadim B

Jun 03, 2017

I really enjoyed Dan's lectures; in my opiniont the course is more mathematical/theoretical and less real world examples. But that's the spirit of academy! :)

By Eduardo M P T

Jun 18, 2016

Very good course, it's easy to understand the concepts and the programming assignments help to understand the details of the implementation of the algorithms.

By abcdalireza

Aug 25, 2019

Before I started this lecture I would not expected it to be that good, but now I feel really good about it and deeply impressed by it's quality. Thank you

By João J

Oct 21, 2017

Thank you very much for this course! It was incredibly helpful. It will allow me to further investigate this topic. I'm looking forward for Cryptography 2

By Simon M

Mar 27, 2019

Great course. It's in depth and requires some effort, especially if working full time, but really great theory based overview of common crypto concepts.

By Pedro R

Mar 20, 2017

Amazing!!! It was long, but totally worth it. I hardly believe that such material is given for free in this platform. Thanks a lot to Dan for the course.

By Divyanshu S

Jan 11, 2020

I started this course just for fun and out of curiosity. By the time the course ended, I was in love with crypto. Very well explained, very good course.