Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BH

Jan 14, 2020

Provides a comprehensive introduction to cryptographic history, current technology, best practices and known attacker techniques. A great deal of material is covered in a relatively compact program.

LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

151 - 175 of 656 Reviews for Cryptography I

By Albert G

Jul 01, 2018

The course materials are well organized and concentrated. I fully enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. Courses like this approach maximum efficiency for learning.

By Srinivas I

Oct 08, 2016

Very informative beginner course. Perfect for someone who needs to understand the basics. Prof Boneh's instructions were excellent and the quizzes were tough but valuable.

By Mariusz D

Mar 30, 2016

Really good course, instructor provides real life examples a tries to avoid the mathematic abstractions to minimum - relying rather on intuition and pictorial examples.

By Joseph M

Dec 16, 2017

A difficult, but rewarding course. Much more theoretical than I was expecting, and I would suggest a strong Maths background for anybody considering taking the course.

By Thein T T L

May 31, 2017

This is a really exciting and enjoyable course. I've learnt a lot. The segments are structured very well, and the assessment questions and exercises are very helpful.

By Anthony H

May 06, 2017

Very clear yet challenging introduction to basic cryptography concepts. Be sure to take notes and practice as much as possible with the modular arithmetic presented.

By Michael T

Mar 04, 2018

I enjoyed the not-too-much-mathematical approach of diging into crypto basics. All popular (practical) questions arise and are discussed in understandable manner.

By Hilmi E

May 29, 2017

Excellent course.. A wonderful mix of sound theory and practical applications. Delivered by one of the top experts in the field and his excellent support team..

By Vadim B

Jun 03, 2017

I really enjoyed Dan's lectures; in my opiniont the course is more mathematical/theoretical and less real world examples. But that's the spirit of academy! :)

By Eduardo M P T

Jun 18, 2016

Very good course, it's easy to understand the concepts and the programming assignments help to understand the details of the implementation of the algorithms.

By abcdalireza

Aug 25, 2019

Before I started this lecture I would not expected it to be that good, but now I feel really good about it and deeply impressed by it's quality. Thank you

By João J

Oct 21, 2017

Thank you very much for this course! It was incredibly helpful. It will allow me to further investigate this topic. I'm looking forward for Cryptography 2

By Simon M

Mar 27, 2019

Great course. It's in depth and requires some effort, especially if working full time, but really great theory based overview of common crypto concepts.

By Pedro R

Mar 20, 2017

Amazing!!! It was long, but totally worth it. I hardly believe that such material is given for free in this platform. Thanks a lot to Dan for the course.

By Divyanshu S

Jan 11, 2020

I started this course just for fun and out of curiosity. By the time the course ended, I was in love with crypto. Very well explained, very good course.

By Trial E

Nov 15, 2018

This course really teaches the theory I was missing while using all the latest crypto tech practically and understanding it conceptually. Thank you Dan!

By Herbert K

Nov 28, 2016

The explanations are clear and the topics are relevant, interesting, and well explained. I have a background in computing science and machine learning.

By Ramaswamy I

Sep 21, 2016

This is a fantastic course. It has greatly kindled my interest in cryptography, and I look forward to learning more on the subject from Prof Dan Boneh.

By Aneesh S

Feb 03, 2019

The topics were a bit difficult, but the teaching style made it easy to understand. Next time Please show us the programming section of cryptography.

By Prafull K J

Jul 21, 2020

Exceptional material covered by Prof. Dan Boneh! His lectures are a treasure and I am sure I will keep going back to them to refresh my foundations.

By Ruchit R

Jan 03, 2018

Was fast paced and very well designed course. Enjoyed all the aspects of the course and got to know many things regarding cryptography in practice.

By Chitrang S

Aug 01, 2019

Excellent Course. Requires lot of patience but the rewards are extremely great.

Learned a lot about internals mathematics involved in Cryptography.

By Jing Q

Jun 03, 2017

Great introduction to cryptography. I have learned a lot from it, but still, there is much to study in this field. Surely I would come back again.

By Pierre D

Feb 12, 2017

This course is brillant, with awesome (optional) coding problems to learn who to go from theory to practice! Thanks for these wonderful materials.

By Christian F

Mar 01, 2020

I think this course was an ecelent course. Too short and too many information. High-level teach by amazing Harvard professor. Thanks Dan Boneh.