Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BC

Mar 11, 2017

Cutting edge cryptography topics. Good explanations and slides, but pause button is highly recommended. Can be a bit too mathematical for the general public, and not very formal for mathematicians.

LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

101 - 125 of 529 Reviews for Cryptography I

By 洪恒藝

Mar 23, 2016

Very very interesting topic. I like this course so much. It is the key to the information security. Thank you.

By WEIQI C

Jun 28, 2017

High quality lectures.

By Kedar J

Jan 05, 2018

Initial lectures set the stage for building more complex schemes. One of the most intense courses I have taken. Prof. Boneh is so passionate about the topic and a great teacher. He really wants you to get the topic. Awesome course! Thank you and looking forward to Crypto II.

By Raimundo J

Nov 26, 2016

Great course!

By Antonio d J G D

Mar 04, 2017

Todo me pareció muy bien

By Georgiy S

Nov 12, 2016

Very interesting course, I used it as Brain training. Thanks you.

By João J

Oct 21, 2017

Thank you very much for this course! It was incredibly helpful. It will allow me to further investigate this topic. I'm looking forward for Cryptography 2

By 黃暐倫

Oct 29, 2017

Thanks to this nice course, I now have some basic ideas about my Special Project. I am now anticipating Cryptography II.

By Maxim K

Apr 30, 2016

Excellent and very practical course. Thank you, Dan Boneh.

By Michallis P

Apr 01, 2017

Excellent course to master the basics of cryptography, and for smart card developers to understand what's written in the specifications. Crytpography II is my next goal :-)

By Fernando J

Apr 03, 2017

Thanks, was a really great and enjoyable course.

By Khyati S

Apr 15, 2016

I love the pace of the course. The content and narration is crisp and informative. Exactly what i was looking for. I loved the initial brush up sessions on discrete probability.

By Michal Z

Jul 22, 2017

Very thorough course with huge possibilities to study this topic further

By Pierre M

Jun 01, 2018

Loved this course.... Dan Boneh is clear, and covers amazing subjects that were not perfectly for me before attending the course (RSA, DH...).

Great job and thank you very much !

By Joseph A D

Oct 22, 2017

I liked it so much I took it twice.

By Feiyu L

Apr 03, 2018

Very comprehensive overview of Cryptography. Though a bit too mathematical for me, the gist of it is very helpful to understand cryptocurrency protocol design of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero...

By Lucio C G

Dec 16, 2017

By Kasun H

Nov 27, 2017

This is one of the best cryptography courses I have seen. Initially, I felt that the course was going faster. So I skipped the course two times after following about two weeks :). But I thought to give another try for the third time. Then I started to get comfortable and understand in time.

I strongly recommend this course to people who are looking to get a better theoretical understanding of cryptographic primitives.

By Elfimova M

Nov 29, 2016

Good stuff.

By Hengyu

Sep 26, 2016

Great course! Thank you!

By George M

Dec 23, 2016

Great Instructor, really enjoyed his style of expanding the math "sentences" into lay English EVERY SINGLE TIME! That really helped this learner "go with the flow" as my background is CS.

By James N

Jun 24, 2017

I learned a tremendous amount from this course and it provided the grounding for an array of different areas of infosec studies I am pursuing. I highly recommend it. Many of the ideas were easy and intuitive to grasp, but there is also enough depth that I will likely take the course again at a later date.

The quizzes and projects were thoughtful and challenging, and effectively tested that the student understands the key ideas of material.

By Nazim

Dec 20, 2016

Usually cryptography is something what developers don't like to touch or pay attention to. Fortunately, most crypto features are available: just use openssl. But understanding is still important, though the course was very helpful for me. Thank you very much, Dan Boneh.

By Nyamsuren V

Jan 05, 2018

Excellent course and love it

By Gabriela S

Sep 07, 2017

Great course! I like the content and organization of the course. However, the last two weeks of the course were somehow complicated to understand. I will continue studying security and I am waiting for Crypto II.