Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BC

Mar 11, 2017

Cutting edge cryptography topics. Good explanations and slides, but pause button is highly recommended. Can be a bit too mathematical for the general public, and not very formal for mathematicians.

LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

126 - 150 of 529 Reviews for Cryptography I

By 王弘奥

May 06, 2016

quite good

By 翁紫曦

Mar 11, 2016

Great class which inspired me with enormous excitements

By Alexey G

Aug 16, 2016

Amazing course and an outstanding teacher. Worth every penny and minute spent on this one. You learn not just how to build secure systems but also how NOT TO, which I consider even more valuable.The material is explained so fluently you have no doubts about professor's outstanding knowledge of it. This doesn't mean it's an easy course, though, so get prepared for some headache :)

By Patrick D

Feb 23, 2017

An EXCELLENT course on Applied Cryptography!!!!

By Vladislav S

Apr 09, 2017

Thanks to Dan for the excellent course, really enjoyed it!

Apr 07, 2016

Excellent course! I can recommend this to anyone who is not afraid of some basic math. But a person interested in cryptography should not be afraid of math, yielding that this course can be recommended to anyone interested in cryptography.

By Thales M G

Aug 23, 2017

Very good course. Has a great overview of the basics and is well explained.

By youqh

Oct 05, 2016

clearly and easy to understand

By Nikolay Z

Apr 19, 2018

Not simple, but exhaustive. Thanks,

By Idan F

Sep 14, 2017

Great course!!

By Mike M

Jul 09, 2017

Wonderful, wonderful course. A journey that establish my mindset for cryptography. My only complain is the long-long wait for the second part of this course - Cryptography II.

By Jorge A A E

Sep 08, 2016

Excelent course and professors..

By Rolando A C V

Jan 24, 2017

nitido

By Torgeir H

Feb 11, 2017

Great course. Challenging topics and exams

By Alfredo G I

May 14, 2018

Great content and appropriate for non-cs students!

By Pedro G

Jun 06, 2017

Stanford's MOOCs are the best! They are hard but always worth the effort. And can't wait for Cryptography II.

By Nazim

Dec 20, 2016

Usually cryptography is something what developers don't like to touch or pay attention to. Fortunately, most crypto features are available: just use openssl. But understanding is still important, though the course was very helpful for me. Thank you very much, Dan Boneh.

By Nyamsuren V

Jan 05, 2018

Excellent course and love it

By Gabriela S

Sep 07, 2017

Great course! I like the content and organization of the course. However, the last two weeks of the course were somehow complicated to understand. I will continue studying security and I am waiting for Crypto II.

By BONA P

Dec 20, 2016

Excellent

By Pawel W

Apr 08, 2017

FANTASTIC course!!! No better place to learn Cryptography. Prof. Boneh has amazing ability to explain difficult concepts in an easy way. Don't get me wrong - it's not super easy topic but the way you are guided step by step makes it the best Crypto course on Earth! EXCELLENT JOB!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Rafał G

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent for beginners and advanced. Exercises tied with course are great!

By Mohamad C

Apr 08, 2016

Very exceptional material and courseware

By jyoti y

Oct 30, 2017

The course was extremely informative and interesting. I do not possess a computer science background and enrolled in the course just to learn a little about cryptography. While the learning curve was steep, the course content was engrossing that I did not want to stop. Infact, it motivated me to gain more knowledge in the field and I am currently learning programming. :)

By neha a

Aug 03, 2017

I am keenly intrested in learning it in details and am pursuing PhD in it.