Back to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Princeton University

To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level. We’ll address the important questions about Bitcoin, such as: How does Bitcoin work? What makes Bitcoin different? How secure are your Bitcoins? How anonymous are Bitcoin users? What determines the price of Bitcoins? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? What might the future hold? After this course, you’ll know everything you need to be able to separate fact from fiction when reading claims about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You’ll have the conceptual foundations you need to engineer secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network. And you’ll be able to integrate ideas from Bitcoin in your own projects. Course Lecturers: Arvind Narayanan, Princeton University All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

MB

Mar 11, 2018

Great course, a very broad and in-depth overview of concepts surrounding cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in particular. Would be great to have an update of course; perhaps once the ICO craze is over? (-:

AG

Dec 23, 2017

I've gained a strong knowledge of Bitcoin's architecture but wish this course was updated to include the developments of the last two years. A few lectures on alt-coins would have been useful as well.

1 - 25 of 469 Reviews for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

By Adam W

Apr 21, 2019

Needlessly difficult programming assignments, because no tests or main functions were provided. We were left to guess what was expected in a painful, slow, feedback loop of submitting to the grader, waiting several minutes for it to complete, and looking at errors to guess what might have happened. If we could compile and run locally, or (GASP!) were even provided with the tests and expected outputs (e.g., like with the Stanford Machine Learning course), the pain of the programming would have been removed, allowing us to focus on learning the material, instead of blindly guessing what was being tested and/or passed in to functions.

By ankit g

Feb 08, 2017

Loved this course! It was very thorough. However I think assignments could have been made more clearer as it was often hard to figure out what needed to be done without checking discussion forums.

By Lumir B

Jan 15, 2017

I find this course prepared very well. There are many perspectives and this course does not concentrate on the technology only. I find this course very helpful. The level is more then just beginner.

By Anupam R

Apr 21, 2019

no certificate

By Ajay C

Mar 25, 2019

Enjoying it. Good lectures and books. Lectures are based on 2015-2015 data on bitcoin and crypto-currencies space. This technology is changing rapidly. Would like see the course materials/lectures updated with latest data.Thank you!

By Giorgio A

Jun 30, 2017

Sometimes assignments not so explicit. Would be a plus to be able to run some unit tests locally.

By Steve T

Apr 15, 2017

Course content good but labs difficult to work with as no offline unit tests were provided which made debugging painful.

By Ryuji I

Jan 03, 2017

Inattentive lectures. There're only a few videos that are worth watching. You need to be prepared for wasting a lot of time for programming assignments -- it's not because the assignments are tough but because of poor descriptions and out of sync with lectures. If you're interested, just download the online material (not videos) and read through it. Much better than wasting your time with the lecture videos and assignments.

By Thomas R

Dec 29, 2018

Good course

By Rafael d R R

Feb 05, 2019

The videos are very clear and easy to understand. The quality of the material is very good. Personally, I like in-depth materials and I believe this course has the right level for what I´ve looking for regarding bitcoin knowledge. Congrats!

By wythern

Feb 07, 2019

Finally I completed this course, it takes more effort than I thought. Through this course, I get familiar with the basic and advance concepts of the bitcoin, blockchain and somehow the whole cryptocurrency, I learned a lots form it. Beginning at the second half of 2018, I became a programmer in blockchain field, hope the blockchain tech grow more rapidly and play a more important role in the future.

By yuvraj s

Mar 28, 2019

overall great learning material

By Samarth S

Jan 27, 2019

It's literally a miracle that Coursera allows me to study from perhaps the best professors on blockchain in the world.

For FREE.

It's not a joke how big of an opportunity this is. And although I'm not into college yet, and even though I don't even plan to opt for a STEM major, I do have a basic knowledge of programming and I'm going to try my best to make the most of this god-send gift.

Thank you sooooooo much. I love you guys :)

By Fakiha K

Apr 13, 2019

the course is helping me learn mechanics of bitcoin

By Sayantan p

Mar 13, 2019

The method of teaching is just amazing. Great content and information. Just loved it!!

By liuxin

Mar 11, 2019

The class is very good.nice teacher!

By HU Y

Jul 11, 2018

Awesome

By Himanshu

Jan 01, 2018

Course on Latest topic - cryptocurrency. Very nice lectures, and very well organized. I had only heard the term bitcoin but got to know the math, protocols, and technology behind it from this course.

Thanks you for putting this course.

Thanks to Prof. Felton, Prof Arvind Narayanan. Great videos.

By Jose M M R

Mar 16, 2018

Great!

By Johnathan F

Jan 14, 2018

Fun and exciting to learn how technology can tie the competing interests of different groups together to make a technology like Bitcoin.

By Liu D

Mar 14, 2017

Great course! Explain bitcoin system with a very friendly way. The topic is well covered with recent update. Strongly recommended.

By Pratap C

Dec 07, 2017

Very informative and well structured course. Great work!!

By FERNANDO P L