Back to Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++ by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course teaches learners how to write a program in the C++ language, including how to set up a development environment for writing and debugging C++ code and how to implement data structures as C++ classes. It is the first course in the Accelerated CS Fundamentals specialization, and subsequent courses in this specialization will be using C++ as the language for implementing the data structures covered in class....

EQ
Jan 12, 2020

Honestly, this is a great crash course in OOP for C++ (though the ideas can be applied to any language). Previous experience with C++ is almost a necessity, the lessons can be complicated for novices.

AR
Jan 31, 2021

Great course, simple and difficult all at the same time. Great introduction to these topics. Every thing that is included is there for a reason as every thing is straight to the point with no filler.

401 - 425 of 519 Reviews for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

Nov 18, 2020

great

By J J

Mar 4, 2021

good

By Meera N

Mar 1, 2021

Good

Feb 9, 2021

good

By PRATAPSINGHA G

Sep 30, 2020

nice

By SHUBHAM S

Aug 21, 2020

best

By Vishavjeet S

Good

By HARSHITA K

May 5, 2020

good

By Plover B

Nov 1, 2019

I'm a relatively new programmer, and this was my first experience with any language other than Python.

I was able to complete all assignments with 100% scores on time or early, and yet I don't really feel that I have a solid grasp of the concepts taught. At no point did I go into an assignment and say, "oh yes, I know exactly how to do this." I completed the assignments all with a lot of trial and error, which is fine and normal for learning programming I think, but because the assignments were often to edit a smaller portion of a larger, more complicated program, it meant I it was difficult to really understand where things were going wrong. I mostly just had to try and try until I got it right. Some of the portions of the final project I actually felt fairly successful with, but others I struggled with in the same way.

So ultimately I feel that this is a decent course for a fairly experienced programmer to get acquainted with the differences of a language they're not expert in, but for someone new it may go mostly over their head unless that have more outside help. I plan to do more self study before continuing to the next course so that I feel more solid in my basic skills.