Back to Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++ by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course teaches learners how to write a program in the C++ language, including how to set up a development environment for writing and debugging C++ code and how to implement data structures as C++ classes. It is the first course in the Accelerated CS Fundamentals specialization, and subsequent courses in this specialization will be using C++ as the language for implementing the data structures covered in class....

EQ
Jan 12, 2020

Honestly, this is a great crash course in OOP for C++ (though the ideas can be applied to any language). Previous experience with C++ is almost a necessity, the lessons can be complicated for novices.

AR
Jan 31, 2021

Great course, simple and difficult all at the same time. Great introduction to these topics. Every thing that is included is there for a reason as every thing is straight to the point with no filler.

76 - 100 of 505 Reviews for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

By Chinmay T

Mar 15, 2021

This is a great course for anyone who wants to learn basics concepts of Object-Oriented Programming, without any prior knowledge. The quizzes, challenge questions and the final project are designed to really test the student's understanding of the concepts taught in the course. The code database (examples) provided are ample and extensive.

By John H

Jul 27, 2020

great course for those who already have intermediate background in OOP like java, glad you guys emphasized c++ specific things like .h/.cpp interaction, pointers, heap, and other smaller things and not things people know like loops and if statements. feel like it was a good use of my time, as it was concise, effective, and interactive.

By Michael V

Jul 28, 2019

Course is very solid at teaching some fundamentals of C++ and having you apply those fundamentals. It's certainly helpful if you come in with some basic understanding of C++ syntax, as the difficulty/complexity level hops around a bit, but overall it's a great course to kick of the Accelerated CS Fundamentals specialization.

By Sabari M

Jan 30, 2020

An excellent introduction to C++! The course content and the delivery of the professor is great. Although I felt a lack of enough exercise problems to work on. My only suggestion to the course team is to provide a set of optional problems to solve, which you don't necessarily need to complete to get the certificate.

By Nader G

Sep 19, 2020

Great introduction to C++. One of the best explanations of the memory model I have ever seen. I recommend it to any computer science student or siftware engineer, even if your main programming language is not C++. If you ask yourself question like "What's heap vs stack", this course will greatly help.

By Youdinghuan C

Sep 22, 2020

This is a really good course. I took it twice. The instructor is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The course quizzes are challenging yet incredibly relevant to the lecture materials. I liked the final project a lot -- it was a great demo of C++ as a S.W.E. tool even in the most mundane scenarios.

By Ayush S

Sep 29, 2020

This course is Super Awesome for someone who intermediate level of knowledge in C++ or is just a beginner, both. I learnt a lot from this course. The quality is super brilliant, whether it's content, tutorial, assignments or efforts put in. Everything about this course is a benchmark and amazing.

By Bijoy K B

Oct 24, 2020

It was a great course to learn all about memory management, that is, stack memory and heap memory. It tells many things about Class, the user-defined data structure. It covers all the basic things one must have in C++. The lecture videos were good along with the final project.

By Amandeep S

Jun 21, 2020

The most well-laid out and documented course I have ever done on Coursera. Skips the essential basics of programming, and jumps right to the important content. Extremely valuable course to do. Great job by the instructors! Will pursue the entire specialization definitely.

By KANG L

May 22, 2020

One of the best courses on C++ I have ever taken. Technically advanced topics was discussed in a concise and clear explanation with reinforcing the concepts through quizzes and assignments. I thought the whole teaching approach was very efficient and effective format.

By Yishuai C

Jan 25, 2021

I love this course so much. Professor makes it very clear and logical. There its no one sentence that is redundant. I found it that watching the videos twice helps better understanding. I'm so excited to start next course and I really hope I can join the MCS program.

By Puttaraj K

Apr 18, 2020

This course has been really a great help for my C++ programming skills. Coming from a mechanical background i have really developed a interest in C++ programming after this course. Video lectures, quiz and assignment projects are good and easy to understand.

By Yuxin W

Oct 19, 2019

Very nice illustration of memory management, passing by reference, by pointer, by values etc. Coming from a Python programming background, the key idea is not hard to grasp and the assignments are not hard to complete, but overall the introduction was great.

By Ahmed M

Nov 23, 2020

Lectures were very clear and easy to understand. The professor's teaching style is excellent for walking you through things from the ground up. I do feel as though there should be more hands on exercises, but besides that it's been a great course so far.

By Suhas A B

I would initially feel that the weekly challenges were too advanced vs. the course material itself but if you really put in the needed effort and go through the videos/readings with attention to detail you soon realize the course is structured perfectly.

By Syed

Mar 23, 2020

I would say excellent content! I already have some experience in programming still had problems in C++. The course address the topics important for the professional development in C++. We need more great and amazing learning experiences. Thankyou again..

By Bharatha R S

May 9, 2021

This course was helpful, I have learnt the basics of Object oriented programming, and also practiced it through assignments and projects which are crucial for learning. Thank you for the course. I wish to complete other courses in same specialization.

By David P T P F

Nov 10, 2020

Amazing course! I learned a lot about C++ and the professor was very clear.

I just have one slightly complain: On week 4, the professor applied a "friend" function and did not explained it properly. Other than that, I am very pleased with the course.

By TAN X D K

Even for someone with some background in C and Python, I've learnt tons! The Professor/ instructors' explanations were clear and concise. This course is highly recommended to facilitate a solid foundation for a rather complex programming language.

By Md. R H

It's was a great experience that I finished this course. I love this course about everything. this course was well designed. almost every problem was challenging for me I learn so much from here. Thanks professor Wade Fagen-Ulmschneider and Eric!

By Hoang D D A

Feb 10, 2021

This course is a great start if you want to be familiar with programing in C++, especially C++ classes and basic C++ functions. It is concise but detail, and it give a brief, clear meaning of C++ and C++ classes concepts. Highly recommended!

By Patricia S S

Oct 5, 2019

Good teaching and course structure. I would recommend for people who already have coding experience (not necessarily in C++, I've been doing most of my stuff in C), otherwise it would definitely take more time to go through the assignments.

By Pieter v W

Jan 15, 2020

Excellent course. The lectures are well prepared. I especially appreciated the emphasis on the c++ memory model. My only complaint is the environment setup for being able to do the programming projects. Overall, highly recommended.

By Fielding I

Jan 9, 2021

This was a great course, finally demystifying references and pointers, which I've always had trouble with. The Image Transform project followed logically from the material. Quizzes made sense and didn't have any odd curve balls.

By Insaf B

I find this course very complete and elaborate. It's nicely explained. However, I think that the assignment could be a bit more complicated in a way that would allow those concepts that presented in the quiz to be put to practise.