Back to Customer Insights: New Product Development Orientation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Insights: New Product Development Orientation by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

4.4

This course is the first in the Customer Insights and New Product Development (CIPD) specialization. It will introduce learners to the tools and process of gathering customer insights for identifying and developing new product opportunities. Through an integrated set of five modules and hands-on project experiences, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to turn their ideas gained from understanding customer needs into innovative new products....

1 - 14 of 14 Reviews for Customer Insights: New Product Development Orientation

By Issam A

Jun 22, 2019

This course get my attention to a good strategies of how to evaluate and lunch a new product.

By Revathi N

Jan 09, 2020

I liked the course's simplicity in delivery. The Quiz format and tool can improve.

By Gabriela A C R

Mar 26, 2019

It was a very fulfilling course and I thank all the information shared, because it will guide me on any development i'll make, even though it is in the food industry or in technologies. I highly recommend it because it fosters your creativity.

By Abhijeet M

May 26, 2018

A very refreshing melange of quirky nuances of the market very neatly portraying the insight that is required for product development. Very enlightening!

By BONIFACE I M

Mar 05, 2020

Great course , I really enjoy every session and was very interactive .Thank you coursera

By MARTIN G V

Apr 01, 2019

El curso nos indica que hacer y que no hacer para que un producto sea exitoso

By A J R

Super course

By Jyothsna R

Apr 17, 2020

By Rohit

Good explanation of Concepts

Additional readings have practical examples

By Carmen G B L

Oct 21, 2019

Some of the links are not active anymore.

By Pedro M

Pros:

-Good path. you can really start from 0 and build the knowledge to a certain level

-Video length and materials are also good (even if the sound is not so great)

-Exercises and peer revision is just great! learned a lot from my colleagues' perspective! I think it is far better than quizes to make you think on what you learned.

Cons:

-Old data. often we are talking about data from 90's or 2000's. The most recent set of data I remember from the course is >5 years

-Too much food oriented (i work with product development and the examples shown are quite tough to understand, even having some experience). food trucks, cereal, restaurants... The drill example was just awesome. It is not clear why we didn't follow that path more often

-Lack of references. This is the single biggest contributor for my low rating. In different cases it is hard to tell if we are talking about a validated model, an idea, an opinion, work from papers or any other source. Sometimes it would be nice to go deeper, or just to know more on how the authors got to their conclusions.

The topic is great and the instructor certainly has a lot of knowledge in the area, but at some point i just didn't feel like finishing this (even if I watched all the videos)...

It is worth it to have an idea on the field, but you will need further info to put any of these in practice.

By Albert M U

Apr 13, 2020

Good for polishing my business development language but not a very deep course (coming from a technical background).

By Abdullah M D E H

Jan 22, 2019

good

By Saloni J

May 02, 2020