Back to Cybersecurity and the X-Factor

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cybersecurity and the X-Factor by University System of Georgia

What is the X-Factor? In Cybersecurity, the X-Factor related to unknown and unpredictable human behavior within and outside of your organization. “No one really knows why humans do what they do”, (David K. Reynolds), and because of this organizations can be unprepared for malicious, untrained, or even best intentioned behavior that can cause alarm and sometimes irreparable harm. This course will introduce you to the types of training available to reduce the impact of the X-Factor, evaluate its effectiveness, explore the Security Education, Training and Awareness (SETA) program, and learn why it may fail. The course will conclude with information designed to assist you with some critical components for your business security program. Activities focused on hactivism, cyberinsurance, and ransomware will round out your knowledge base. Your team of instructors has prepared a series of readings, discussions, guest lectures, and quizzes to engage you in this exciting topic....

ZL

Mar 19, 2017

There is a lot of practical and actionable information in this course related to cybersecurity. I would highly recommend anyone interested in their organization's cybersecurity take this course!

JE

Apr 04, 2020

This was a pretty challenging course. The sections on theories of human behavior were a bit deep but they did help me to understand how human behavior is so important improving cyber security.

1 - 25 of 54 Reviews for Cybersecurity and the X-Factor

By SHAMIKA M

Sep 21, 2020

This course thought me a lot of things I would love to delve a bit deeper in. I am especially enlightened about the cyber insurance. I wasn't even aware that such insurance exists. I love the fact that these courses allow me to research a bit more and is currently helping me with school. :)

By Kepa A

Jun 05, 2017

This is a really nice course where you can get some extra information about cybersecurity and start understanding further about how to continue working to learn more about this interesting and challenging part of Information Technology.

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Sudarshan S

Sep 02, 2020

The course has been very insightful and useful in understanding why most of the SETA program fails. How human psychology can be positively influenced to build better security aware culture in the organisation

By Zack L

Mar 19, 2017

By John E

Apr 04, 2020

By Mriganka S S

Jul 31, 2020

It is one of the best course if you want to know about Cyber-security and how Organisations prepare against threats. Thanks to CourseEra and the teachers. 5 stars from my side.

By Dr. I J L P

Jun 18, 2020

It is really great experience in learning this course. I have learned newly about the threat intelligence, employee habits and security breaches etc. Thank you.

By Osmin O

Jun 05, 2017

Muy buen enfoque sobre el curso, no me esperaba que fuera sobre el factor de error que puede darse mediante el factor humano en la seguridad. Recomendado!

By hemanshu b

Aug 22, 2020

I'm a graduate student and very new to this field. But due to well explained basics and good examples i got a good insight about this field. Thank you.

By Jack R

Apr 17, 2017

Great course, understanding that our biggest security threat is our own behaviour is key to building cybersecurity.

By Patrick B K

Feb 18, 2017

Very good content. It helped me learning more about the behaviour change models! Enjoyed it

By Elizabeth R

May 09, 2017

Terrific course for understanding the role the human ("X") factor plays in cyber security.

By Suhas B R

Apr 20, 2020

A great course with show case of many real time scenarios and good study materials.

By Nithin v

Jun 13, 2020

was really interesting to grab the knowledge in this platform Good to go.......

By Kamal S

Aug 23, 2018

Learning So many things thanks coursera given me this opportunists

By Irina M

Oct 10, 2016

a lot of interesting materials and articles for self-studying

By jose h

Nov 19, 2016

A great course to check the vulneravilities that can have

By Milton D G

Jul 04, 2020

Very much organised course.So much things get to know.

By Edyta S

Nov 18, 2017

Great course with good reading material and lectures.

By Makam K K

Oct 04, 2016

Very informative and progress work for students.

By Anil M

Dec 11, 2019

Good session got an overview of cybersecurity!

By Murali T

Feb 03, 2018

No doubt, informative n rice experience. tm

By Adefela D

Dec 12, 2017

Eye opening! I really enjoyed the course!

By Leonardo V P

Aug 01, 2020

Very well done the curse, thank you!!!