Back to Data Analytics for Lean Six Sigma

HA
Jul 14, 2020

Love it!! I haven't been this much confident with statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. I like this learning material as its practical (the cases and scenarios) part was very helpful. Thank you

RM
Apr 29, 2017

26 - 50 of 812 Reviews for Data Analytics for Lean Six Sigma

By priya k

Jun 6, 2020

If you are aware of Data Analytics techniques but don't know which technique is suitable for a specific situation- then this course is for you. Very few books and online courses can explain this using minimal mathematical (difficult terms) and maximum real-life examples with just the right amount of statistics and probability. You need not be a statistics wizard to learn Data Analytics- this course lets you believe that! Kudos to the instructor for explaining everything in such a simplified manner.

By Vasiliki K

Apr 2, 2018

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed this course. Very well explained and thorough videos and MiniTab is an excellent tool to use. I really liked that videos are not too long giving you the opportunity to watch them twice if needed, with excellent examples to understand it practically and practising exercises at the end that were really helpful to make sure you understand the topics. Keeping notes helped me but it is really easy to re-find some by re-watching the videos. Amazing course!!

By Fernando C

Jan 6, 2020

I am currently Black belt, so I have taken so many statistics courses and I know a bunch of tools of Data analysis, Nevertheless in this course I have seen the data since other perspective, really good examples and exercises to help you understand the theory. So I am totally satisfied with the curse I just take, I learned a lot and I want to thank to the Dr,

inez zwetsloot for her knowledge and the skill to teach the way to analyze data. I will take another course with you definitely

By Sathishkumar K

May 8, 2020

By this coarse of Data analytics from Lean Six Sigma training from where the clear method to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation has been learnt completely. ... Lean Six Sigma not only reduces process defects and waste, but also provides a framework for overall organizational culture change. So it is a very great learning with illustrations and examples are quoted and the coarse is very useful for my day to day working in the organization.

By Jose A P A

Nov 29, 2020

Un excelente curso para afianzar y reforzar los conocimientos estadísticos. Asimismo, es un curso que permite contextualizar mejor un proyecto de mejora. La instructora es muy clara en las explicaciones y en la parte práctica el software Minitab es muy amigable y potente. Recomiendo este curso para aquellos estudiantes y profesionales, especialmente a los de la carrera de Ingeniería Industrial, para que pongan a prueba sus conocimientos y su pensamiento estadístico.

By Joydeep K

Jul 1, 2020

This is a highly recommended course for anyone who wants to learn the basics of statistical methods and testing techniques and also a very good refresher course for the people who already knew it in the past but don't use it on a regular basis. I am really glad that I chose to do this and it helped me recall a lot of fundamental statistical concepts.

Thank you Professor Inez for covering each topic in great depth with all the examples and demos in Minitab. :)

By Sunny-Kim B

Dec 5, 2019

Very clear overview of data analysis to ID problem areas and statistical tools to determine/diagnose QA issues. This course was valuable in that it reviewed basic statistics in a simplified manner! If I didn't have any background in statistics, I think this course would have been more challenging, Regardless, the course is very logically laid out and the instructor provides a lot of real-world applications demonstrating the data analysis. Great course.

By Damika S

Aug 25, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. The videos were well done, and the examples quite relevant. I might re-think the video on the pregnancy duration, for the sake that people may take offence. I did upon first seeing it, but I do understand the main idea of the project, except for the lack of diversity on the screen until that project was presented. I do appreciate all the efforts and ease of getting to the files along with provided solution explanations.

By archit s

Apr 29, 2020

The course was really helpful to learn the insight of Minitab. The teaching skill of the teacher is amazing and the way of making students understand is perfect. The quizzes are interesting and help the students to further understand what they learned. I will surely look for more courses from them. If you are into quality, do use this course for enhancing your skill. I took another class in person and it was not this engaging.

By Juan F

Jun 12, 2017

I don't think I had ever enjoyed an statistics-related course as much as this one. I found the course to have a very good structure and pace. The examples were selected or adapted from real-life situations, which matched the focus of the course on the practical application of the techniques taught. The presentation was very clear and Dr. Zwetsloot's enthusiasm motivating. Compliments to the whole team for an excellent course.

By Gurpreet S

May 12, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and completed it within a week as well. Inez is amazing and she prepared the course material very well. The practice quizzes and videos were very helpful. I feel more confident about the data analytics and basics of lean six sigma now. I would highly recommend this course for anyone interested in taking a course from statistics. Thanks to Inez, University of Amsterdam and Coursera!

By PJ A

Oct 17, 2020

I've taken Stat101 before but feel like I've forgotten a lot already. This course allowed me to revisit the different statistical techniques and highlighted which ones are appropriate to use depending on a case's influence factor and CTQ. It was pleasant learning from Dr. Inez, she covered a good range of topics and the examples were concise and very easy to understand. She provided very good reference materials!

By SAN V

Apr 11, 2021

Being in the quality department, I have been using these tools for a long time in excel. I am now using Minitab for my recent study related to time and performance. This course is shown some of the great insights which helped a lot in my study. Unpivoting the columns really helped me saving time. Thanks a ton for such an insightful course and thanks for introducing me to one of the best tool in the field.

By Victor D A P

It's an amazing course. I've learned several statistical techniques in a simpler and more practical way like none else had done it before in a continuos improvement context. The teacher explained it perfectly and I'd like a second part of this course by an intermediate learner. I'm process coordinator and I can ensure these techniques will be very useful to improve them and teach to my team. Thank you.

By Arun P P

Aug 27, 2020

This was one of the best courses in statistics and data analysis I could find on Coursera! I learned a lot about hypothesis testing and when to perform each statistical analysis, along with the advantage of learning through Minitab, a very powerful and intuitive statistical tool. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who loves to make decisions through data and statistical analyses.

By Pedro H S G

Jun 17, 2021

Great view of statistical fundamentals. Good use of Minitab throughout the course. The practice cases and quizzes were well develop and assess the knowledge retained. I would recommended to dig deep on the DMAIC stages providing a real project case analyzing the phases with the help of Minitab to perform the statistical analysis. Overall, the course was really helpful and well prepared.

By Mahfujul H

This is my first online course and I am glad I loved the course. Course materials are so organized and the presentation of the instructor was very clear that I did't feel that I am studying virtually. The course helped me to clear my statistical concept once again and I hope I could use the knowledge in my practical field. Thanks to Inez Zwetsloot, COURSERA.ORG and AMSTERDAM UNIVERSITY.

By Vasanthakumar.KV

Aug 22, 2017

I'm doing my B.E (Industrial Engineering. This really helped me to understand how to approach the Lean Six Sigma projects as well as the usage of MINITAB . And i understood statistics clearly .

and I'm really thankful to Prof .Dr.Inez ... thought me LSS and statistical with real time examples ..

and I'm early waiting for another courses related to "Industrial Engineering "

By Javier Z

Apr 4, 2018

Very well structured course. It covers the main tools needed to perform data driven analysis. The examples are clear, using simple language, and based on cases of services an industry. I liked que quizzes too, you have to understand the concepts in order to pass with 80% correct answers. Congratulations Inez Zwetsloot, you have made a terrific work!! Javier Zalazar.

By Vinod

Jun 11, 2018

Dear Dr.Inez,Thank you so much for the course, You have made the concepts so clear. I am really glad to have taken up this course . You are a very good teacher and that motivated to continue with this course. I am interested in getting enrolled in to advanced Black belt course should you have designed this course.Big thanks to you and the University of Amsterdam.

By Beth

Jan 12, 2020

The Data Analytics Course for Lean Six Sigma was fantastic. For each problem type the content was well-organized presented in theory, guided example, summary, independent exercise, then exercise review and finally quiz. The instructor was clear and concise and offered real world examples. This course had no fluff. As a result I believe my time was well spent.

By Jonna M S

Mar 12, 2018

This course is easy to understand. I took a Statistics class back in college but it was purely theoretical and this course taught me a lot on how I could apply statistics for daily problems especially at work. What's also great about this course is the use of MiniTab because it simplifies the calculations and allows you to focus on data interpretation.

By Mohamed B

Apr 20, 2020

Actually i feel so happy by completing the course! I feel grateful to coursera that gave me this chance really many thanks :)

And of course i definitely feel grateful to our instructure Dr. Inez Zwetsloot, i'm just wondering how organized, easy, valuable, and so passion is a course! i really thank you dr. Inez, and wish you the best in your whole life

By Roy A

May 30, 2017

Excellently crafted, covers identifying CTQs and their influence/independent variables, classifying them, choosing the appropriate analysis and then drawing conclusions on refining the dataset. The use of minitab drives home what is expected when applying the tools in real life events. Looking forward to more courses by the University of Amsterdam!

By Kayode A

May 24, 2017

Inez, you made the course easy to understand and presented it in a simple form with practical examples that depicts real life situations. Your emphasis on the things that matters made it easy and fun to follow.

Thanks for helping me complete my first course on Coursera. I'd love to participate in other courses you'd teach in the future.