Back to Framework for Data Collection and Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Framework for Data Collection and Analysis by University of Maryland, College Park

4.1

This course will provide you with an overview over existing data products and a good understanding of the data collection landscape. With the help of various examples you will learn how to identify which data sources likely matches your research question, how to turn your research question into measurable pieces, and how to think about an analysis plan. Furthermore this course will provide you with a general framework that allows you to not only understand each step required for a successful data collection and analysis, but also help you to identify errors associated with different data sources. You will learn some metrics to quantify each potential error, and thus you will have tools at hand to describe the quality of a data source. Finally we will introduce different large scale data collection efforts done by private industry and government agencies, and review the learned concepts through these examples. This course is suitable for beginners as well as those that know about one particular data source, but not others, and are looking for a general framework to evaluate data products....

MM

Mar 07, 2018

Very clear and organised structure\n\nClear examples to support learning objectives\n\nAttractive use of voice\n\nOne point for improvement: Do not film while the lecturer is still refinding breath

SM

May 19, 2019

Excelente curso, genera las herramientas necesarias para la recoleccion, transformacion, analisis e interpretacion de datos que requiero como principiante en este proceso

26 - 50 of 88 Reviews for Framework for Data Collection and Analysis

By Renzo R

Aug 23, 2019

Excelente curso. Proporciona diferentes puntos de vistas.

By Siyad A E

Oct 05, 2018

Very interesting Course for data collection and analysis!

By aline p m

Oct 23, 2017

It's very interesting information about survey design!

By Zubair F A

Feb 23, 2017

One of the most informative courses I have ever taken.

By Thomas A K

Sep 04, 2017

Excellent course with sufiecient materials provided

By Nazakat A

Aug 28, 2017

The course is wounder full and highly informative.

By Chaundra W

Jul 24, 2016

Great overview of data collection and analysis.

By Shrinidhi J

Jun 26, 2016

really helpful. and nicely thought!

By OGBUOJI P

Dec 28, 2016

I

By Simon B

Jul 01, 2018

A lot of useful and interesting content!The quiz questions are sometimes poorly worded - missing words, bad grammar, sometimes illogical. The switching between video and slides is off-putting for me, especially if you are trying to take notes. Can the screen not be split? What do other coursera courses do?The curtain backdrops seems rather too 'staged'. On the whole - good.

By Ross G

Jan 08, 2018

Overall I found the course to be really useful, and I feel confident moving into the next module. I would have benefitted from having more practical examples given to help some of the terminology sink in a little better, but I think that speaks more to my unfamiliarity with the language than with the lecturer's methods.

By ellen w

Mar 24, 2019

The last quiz was terrible. I watched the classes, read the transcripts, and still had a hard time with it. Then I wasted $300 because i got sidetracked and it as so unpleasant to return to! (My fault, but still....)

Maybe worth re-tooling that quiz, as the rest of the class was quite good.

By Saif U K

Jul 20, 2016

An entremely good effort, gives you a wonderful introduction to the wonderful world of Survey Research in general and data collection overall. One of the plus point is that it directs you towards quite a few new sources of data that is pretty interesting if you are an active researcher.

By Adriana M

Aug 29, 2019

I had a lot of work with this course. I'm working in a organization of Statistics and I don't have much time to study. Sometimes, I had to study during my work and it is not good. I'm not sure that the hours spent on the course were correctly estimated by the University staff.

By Lucia I B H

Apr 23, 2018

Muchas de las lecturas tenían un nivel muy avanzado, y mencionaban términos, conceptos y técnicas estadísticas que no manejo. La parte teórica estuvo bien presentada pero me parece que hay un gap entre el nivel del curso y el nivel de las lecturas.

By Kelly

Dec 26, 2017

This course provided a good introduction. I would have been interested in some less "large" scale data collection examples, e.g. responding to the increasing use of surveys in non-profit, higher education and education organizations.