Back to Big Data, Genes, and Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big Data, Genes, and Medicine by The State University of New York

4.2

This course distills for you expert knowledge and skills mastered by professionals in Health Big Data Science and Bioinformatics. You will learn exciting facts about the human body biology and chemistry, genetics, and medicine that will be intertwined with the science of Big Data and skills to harness the avalanche of data openly available at your fingertips and which we are just starting to make sense of. We’ll investigate the different steps required to master Big Data analytics on real datasets, including Next Generation Sequencing data, in a healthcare and biological context, from preparing data for analysis to completing the analysis, interpreting the results, visualizing them, and sharing the results. Needless to say, when you master these high-demand skills, you will be well positioned to apply for or move to positions in biomedical data analytics and bioinformatics. No matter what your skill levels are in biomedical or technical areas, you will gain highly valuable new or sharpened skills that will make you stand-out as a professional and want to dive even deeper in biomedical Big Data. It is my hope that this course will spark your interest in the vast possibilities offered by publicly available Big Data to better understand, prevent, and treat diseases....

MA

May 10, 2019

Really enjoying the way she is teaching. Very easy to learn and practice. I strongly believe when I will complete the course I will gain a remarkable skill on Big Data, Genes, and Medicine.

HH

Mar 07, 2017

The course is amazing, I want to purchase the course but it is not being working...I don't know what is the problem.

26 - 34 of 34 Reviews for Big Data, Genes, and Medicine

By Antonenko E

Jun 16, 2018

I feel like I wanted to have practice with the material that was covered in the lecture

By Peter S

Jan 04, 2017

A great introduction to the topic. It will leave you wanting to learn more.

By Pranali S D

Sep 30, 2018

I happy with the technical content of the course however there are numerous technical glitches .

By Ernesto P

Sep 28, 2017

Good material but it needs practice exercises

By Mike B

May 09, 2019

Lots of errors within the course made for irritating troubleshooting

By Mohamed A

Aug 16, 2017

This course is for beginners only. When the instructor starts to explain the euclidean distance between two points, you fell that you picked the wrong course. Don't expect to learn R with this course. All scripts are already written. You will only change some values and run them again.

By pietra

Jul 12, 2017

The course is boring and very difficult to follow because of the language accent of the teacher and the dept of the content.

By Andyk

Mar 19, 2017

Poorly organized course. The lectures seemed to jump around from one point to another. In some cases, way too much detail; in others, not nearly enough.

The subtitles have so many errors that they are virtually useless.

By Marcos P

Mar 07, 2017

Difficult to understand due to her very strong accent and poor audio, meaning I spend 90% of my effort trying to make out what she's saying. As it turns out, all she does is read from the slides! no additional insight, nothing. This makes it boring to hear and she comes across with no personality (although a quick rate-my-professors search tells us a very different story, a real shame since people seem to really like her). At any rate after one week of this course and not seeing any improvement, I've decided to call it quits.