Back to Developing Data Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Data Products by Johns Hopkins University

A data product is the production output from a statistical analysis. Data products automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference. This course covers the basics of creating data products using Shiny, R packages, and interactive graphics. The course will focus on the statistical fundamentals of creating a data product that can be used to tell a story about data to a mass audience....

Mar 04, 2016

This is a great introduction to some of the many ways to present your data. It's probably the easiest course in the specialisation but shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets.

RS

Nov 19, 2018

This course was amazing, it could definetly be more deep in each of the subjects, but gives you so much practice in tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist

26 - 50 of 379 Reviews for Developing Data Products

By Brynjólfur G J

Sep 25, 2017

This course taught me very exciting things and I am looking forward to making shiny apps for my portfolio. It may have been way too easy and quick to finish, though. I barely needed a week. A bigger assignment with leaflet would have been nice.

By Nino P

May 24, 2019

In terms of practical data science in R, this is the most usefull course in the specialization. Here you can learn a lot about very important R packages such as shiny, MarkDown, leaflet,... Highly recommendable and very, very important.

By Philip T

May 02, 2017

A very good coverage on creating interactive charts using various facilities such as plotly, google vis, and the shiny app framework. The knowledge is very practical to be used immediately for my day-to-day work.

By Sanjay F

Jul 08, 2017

This was an exceptional course. The assignments and projects were thought provoking. Can we get some assignments/projects linked to this course so that we could apply our learning and earn some money as well?

By Regis O

Dec 31, 2016

This course is packed with rich content that draws on all of the data science concepts in the other 8 courses. The best part is leaning how to use Shinyio so it is easy to share R analysis and visualizations.

By Leonardo A

Dec 16, 2015

This is very useful course and I using most of the items especially shiny and slidify, and other tools, I have recommended this course of all my colleages. Now I'm writting my reports with RStudio.

By Stefan S

Mar 04, 2016

By Rafael d R S

Nov 19, 2018

By José A G R

Feb 05, 2017

A course where you can show everything learned in the R language, especially in visualizations.

I hope and in the future there are courses focused only on visualization with R

By Ashutosh B

Mar 13, 2016

Although it is an easy course to pass, it is very important in content. It teaches the finishing moves, the ones you'll need after all your hard work. 5-star without doubt.

By Juan E F N

Sep 01, 2017

Brian Caffo is the best! No one could explain better than him. Congratulations for this excellent course, you are my inspiration to become a better data scientist.

By Leonardo Z

Mar 26, 2020

There are some concepts that should be disclosed as pre-requisites for this course. I had to re-sit this course not for the content but for the pre-requisites.

By Juan A J R

Feb 18, 2016

The course not only instroduce me to great resources it also pointed me in the right direction to further develop the skills needed to create data products.

By Keidzh S

Aug 06, 2018

This course helped to get the knowledge how to create shiny apps and r packages. Very usefull, thank you every lecturer and masters how create this course.

By Jennyfer C

Dec 27, 2016

Excellent course, well delivered and adapted that help to build a structured output from a statistical analysis. I would recommend this course to anyone.

By Yadder A G

Jan 08, 2020

All that I learned on this course it's totally helpful. I loved this course because I feel that learn a lot of new useful tools that I can use in my work.

By Rok B

Aug 28, 2019

It is a very good course. There's quite some work, but the content isn't hard. Make sure you update your RStudio for all the features to work correctly

By Alimohammad P

Oct 10, 2019

Out of the other 8 modules, I personally liked this one the most. Here is where you put into practice what you've have learned so far. Great job guys!

By Shubham K

Aug 01, 2019

It is a good course provide neccessary stuffs for data science.

You can skip week 4 as it is done previously in other courses . Small and good course.

By Thomas A

Feb 17, 2020

I appreciated the wholistic approach of presenting the information via GIT, R shiney server and making the slides.... all very useful going forward.

By Bolaji O

Jan 04, 2020

It another great lecture in this specialization course. Simplified, understandable, and highly impactful. You'd learn A-Z of shiny app development.

By Aravindan K

Sep 11, 2018

The content is good and exposes to various tools and formats for building data products. Exercises for week 2 and week 3 were very simple though.

By Simon

Jan 17, 2019

A lot of useful parts for visualization here! plotly and shiny are super useful in a business context. swirl and leaflet a bit niche perhaps.

By Massimo M

May 09, 2018

One of the best course in the Specialization in my opinion. The assignment are extremely hands-on and leave you a lot of room for creativity.

By 李俊宏

Oct 27, 2017

I have learned a lot about how to work interactively with R. Using shiny and plotly, I found it very easy to work with data for freshers