Back to Developing Data Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Data Products by Johns Hopkins University

A data product is the production output from a statistical analysis. Data products automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference. This course covers the basics of creating data products using Shiny, R packages, and interactive graphics. The course will focus on the statistical fundamentals of creating a data product that can be used to tell a story about data to a mass audience....

Mar 04, 2016

This is a great introduction to some of the many ways to present your data. It's probably the easiest course in the specialisation but shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets.

RS

Nov 19, 2018

This course was amazing, it could definetly be more deep in each of the subjects, but gives you so much practice in tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist

126 - 150 of 338 Reviews for Developing Data Products

By Fábio A C

Mar 24, 2017

One of the best modules where you can learn how to apply the knowledge!

By KK Y

Feb 21, 2016

It is a true practical course. I love it. Thank you for your hard works.

By Daniel C

Nov 06, 2016

One of the best courses in the Specialization. Really great content.

By Kribhan M

May 31, 2016

Great work

By Diana S

Feb 11, 2016

Thank you son much!!!!

I really like the course.

It help me in my job =)

By Mostafa F

Feb 27, 2017

Really had a great experience through getting hands on real projects

By Rachit K

Sep 17, 2017

Great way to put your data analysis out on the web!

By Pradnya C

Mar 04, 2016

Loved this course

By Carlos M B B

Sep 08, 2017

A fully practical approach.

By Niharika J S

Jan 03, 2017

Great Course

By Thuyen H

Apr 21, 2016

good

By Jose A R N

Aug 25, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to get new knowledge about Big Data and better understand the technology and your practical applications.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

By Sneha G

May 30, 2016

The Shiny project was the best part of the course!

By David S

Feb 07, 2016

This course is cooler than the title sounds. The emphasis is on developing data apps with Shiny. In my case, I had only part of a weekend to work hard on the course project, yet I was able to make a nifty little data app that even impressed a potential employer. Leave plenty of time for brainstorming ideas for the course project and you'll find it very rewarding too.

By Sanjay F

Jul 08, 2017

This was an exceptional course. The assignments and projects were thought provoking. Can we get some assignments/projects linked to this course so that we could apply our learning and earn some money as well?

By Roberto D

Jun 20, 2017

Great open source tools for conveying results, without a lot of coding.

By Vincent C

Oct 20, 2017

Good course on Data Products, I learned a lot about R Packages, shiny and the leaflet library.

By Giovanni V

Apr 10, 2016

I greatly enjoyed this course. It helped me to improve my skills in the field of data science.

By Mohd R B M B

Mar 02, 2016

Developing apps with Shinyapp is so much fun

By Y. B

Mar 01, 2016

Very interesting class. Need to watch all external (shiny+slidify) recommended tutorial to fully masterize the subject.

By Dheeraj A

Feb 08, 2016

After several back to back dense, high paced, steep learning courses in the specialization, this course is a welcome break. Its light, interactive and has a certain calmness about it. It touches several topics like shiny, manipulate, googlevis and plotly. As someone who has taken all courses in the specialization, I always wondered, how do I show my analysis to someone in an enterprise production environment and not as offline pdfs generated from rmd files. This course attempts to answer that question.

By Yuchao M

Feb 11, 2017

This course is very hands-on and good for building quick prototypes.

By Carlos A

Apr 21, 2017

Excellent course!!!

By Leandro M

Jan 29, 2017

the course i enjoyed most in this specialization. Learning to use plotly, leaflet and other tools was great

By Divvya.T

Nov 02, 2017

excellent course to take!