Back to Developing Data Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Data Products by Johns Hopkins University

A data product is the production output from a statistical analysis. Data products automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference. This course covers the basics of creating data products using Shiny, R packages, and interactive graphics. The course will focus on the statistical fundamentals of creating a data product that can be used to tell a story about data to a mass audience....

Mar 04, 2016

This is a great introduction to some of the many ways to present your data. It's probably the easiest course in the specialisation but shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets.

RS

Nov 19, 2018

This course was amazing, it could definetly be more deep in each of the subjects, but gives you so much practice in tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist

176 - 200 of 347 Reviews for Developing Data Products

By Wei W

Nov 16, 2017

This is by far my favorite course among the 9 courses I took in this specialization.

By Sumeet M

Oct 09, 2017

Course is very good

By abhishek p

Jul 03, 2018

many many new topics to learn .

By Brynjólfur G J

Sep 25, 2017

This course taught me very exciting things and I am looking forward to making shiny apps for my portfolio. It may have been way too easy and quick to finish, though. I barely needed a week. A bigger assignment with leaflet would have been nice.

By Anil G

Sep 19, 2017

Too Good!

By Sabawoon S

Sep 21, 2017

Excellent content, the assignments were helpful and fun.

Dec 04, 2017

Great for developing data tools using packages in Rstudio

By Michael M

Feb 20, 2018

I especially enjoyed learning how to use the Shiny package. Being able to turn my r code into a webpage is really cool.

By Amit K R

Feb 07, 2017

V

By Muzaffar H

Oct 24, 2017

I learn a lot of building data products and presentation from this course, which later can be used on my analysis or academic work. Although there might be another better tools available out there, at least I can start from what I have learn from this course.

By xuanru s

Feb 13, 2017

a great course, I know a lot of new stuff

By Pouria T

Jul 26, 2017

Great course. Thank you :)

By Massimo M

May 09, 2018

One of the best course in the Specialization in my opinion. The assignment are extremely hands-on and leave you a lot of room for creativity.

By Javier A

Nov 21, 2017

Very useful. Interesting new tecnologies presented

By Roland P

Dec 20, 2017

I really liked that one.

By Humberto R

Feb 23, 2018

great overview

By Kalle H

Dec 07, 2017

Very good. Could go deeper in some areas but generally a good introduction to Rmarkdown, knitr, shiny and similar system and provides informtion of where to get further information where needed. The coursework was generally good but could be more demanding. considering the limited time scale this seems to be about right anyways.

By Lopamudra S