Back to Data and Health Indicators in Public Health Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data and Health Indicators in Public Health Practice by Johns Hopkins University

Epidemiology is often described as the cornerstone science in public health. Epidemiology in public health practice uses study design and analyses to identify causes in an outbreak situation, guides interventions to improve population health, and evaluates programs and policies. In this course, we'll define the role of the professional epidemiologist as it relates to public health services, functions, and competencies. With that foundation in mind, we'll introduce you to the problem solving methodology and demonstrate how it can be used in a wide variety of settings to identify problems, propose solutions, and evaluate interventions. This methodology depends on the use of reliable data, so we'll take a deep dive into the routine and public health data systems that lie at the heart of epidemiology and then conclude with how you can use that data to calculate measures of disease burden in populations....

MB
Dec 13, 2019

Excellent introduction to epidemiology and public health, all the topics link together well and provide a good understanding of the public health basics which assist with related study and work.

JC
Nov 6, 2020

Very informative and simple. A good refresher course for medical students who want to get into public health. The instructor is very clear and concise, making the whole thing easily digestible.

26 - 50 of 226 Reviews for Data and Health Indicators in Public Health Practice

By FRANCO S N

Oct 14, 2020

Very good course, really focusses on what It's important and does a good job explaining epidemiology and health indicators, the teacher really motivates and the practice also helps

By Mark K A

May 2, 2021

I have learned about Health Indicators in public health practice and I will apply these in my field of practice. It was worth every bit of my while and time, thank you!

By Emid N C M

Jul 5, 2020

It is an important course to define details on the professional aspects of epidemiology because it specifically summarizes the efficiency of data and health indicators.

By JOHN Q

Jan 19, 2018

Thanks for putting forth the effort to present this course. I learned quite a lot I had no idea that I didn't previously know. Thanks so much. Dr John Quincy

By shriti t

I am very happy that i have studied this course. Thank you so much for providing such a course online which will boost my knowledge in the field of public health

By Amanda P

Sep 5, 2017

great course even for a beginner like me I found it very clear helpful and the seminars ,videos teacher ,very good and interesting well constructed

By Marco A G

Sep 12, 2021

Course within the Epidemiology in Public Health Specialized Program absolutely necessary and fundamental for comprehensive 360-degree understanding.

By pakhi s

Nov 20, 2017

I loved how everything was explained in such a simple and understandable manner. Thank you for providing me with immense knowledge in this field.

By Ishaan P

Dec 13, 2019

Good foundational Epidemiology course. Videos were well laid out, quizzes did a good job of covering the information provided in the lessons.

By farazul h

Sep 18, 2019

those who wants to get in the feild of public health and in health econimics this is one of the course to learn and develope their skills.

By Liliana d l S M

Jun 7, 2020

I found the course very good, explaining in a simple and direct way, with great examples that facilitate the understanding of the subject

By Dami

May 7, 2019

The course was very easy to follow and understand with very practical example and exercises. Very useful for anyone new to Public health

By Faye E

Dec 27, 2020

I really thoroughly enjoyed this course especially as I can apply it at work being an employee of the health department in our country.

By Bryan J C C

Nov 16, 2017

Very informative and was able to meet the needs of a novice epidemiologist who seeks basic knowledge about this field of public health.

By Tommy G

Jun 11, 2019

This course is an excellent choice for everyone who is starting in public health and want to improve basic knowledge in Epidemiology.

By Julia S

Mar 20, 2019

This course helped me to understand the complexity of the role of the epidemiologist in society and specifically public health.

By Amit V M

May 24, 2018

Very concise and effectively designed course to give you maximum understanding of things. Thank you Johns Hopkins and MS. Altof

By Victor R D V G

Jun 5, 2020

Very informative and simplified for everyone to understand simply. I have been reoriented once more by this course. Thank you!

By Gabriel D

Sep 4, 2020

Very well popularised. I am a engineer interested in the Healthcare sector and I got it all. Very good quality of learning !

By Luis J C V

Feb 13, 2018

I liked every module of this course. I think it is a very easy and practical approach tu basic professional epidemiology.

By John E J R

Apr 12, 2020

Thank you very much for this wonderful topic. It can greatly help me in my field of work especially here in our country.

By Said A D l C R

Sep 25, 2019

Aunque es breve y muy acotado, da una buena impresión inicial y manera de abordar la epidemiologia en la salud publica.

By Tamara J

Nov 10, 2018

This course was a terrific overview of epidemiology in public health- and public health in general! Highly recommend.

By Towfik E

Apr 30, 2018

I truly enjoyed taking this course and have learned so much that I did not know. Thank you for the resources as well.