Back to Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The capstone project class will allow students to create a usable/public data product that can be used to show your skills to potential employers. Projects will be drawn from real-world problems and will be conducted with industry, government, and academic partners....

NT

Mar 05, 2018

Capstone did provide a true test of Data Analytics skills. Its like a being left alone in a jungle to survive for a month. Either you succumb to nature or come out alive with a smile and confidence.

Mar 29, 2017

Wow i finally managed to finish the specialization!! definitely learned a lot and also found out difficulties in building predictors by trying to balancing speed, accuracy and memory constraints!!!

26 - 50 of 223 Reviews for Data Science Capstone

By Luis A A C

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent challenge to show the skills learned.

By Daniiar B

Oct 03, 2018

Hands on experience with NLP

By Vinod

Nov 21, 2018

Very well structured. Recommend! Learnt a lot!

By Subha G

Nov 21, 2018

It was really helpful

By Saurabh Y

Nov 19, 2018

Good project. One can learn a lot ,doing this project

By Benjamin C

Dec 11, 2017

Excellent overall project to tie together skills from the specialization!

By Scott W

May 02, 2016

Was a great course. There was no hand holding, this is the capstone so it was time to put everything to use on a problem that wasn't outlined for you and required you to self study and work with others to deliver.

By Ilia

Apr 27, 2016

Great practical experience!

By anand k s

Sep 19, 2017

Truly an learning experience.

By Lee Y L R

May 25, 2018

Great course. The assigned project is quite unexpected but it really tests on the skills of an aspiring data scientist!

By chris s

Nov 23, 2016

This is a fantastic finish to a brilliant specialization. I gained real usable skills and a lot of confidence doing the capstone.

By Kristin A

Jun 19, 2018

The capstone project was a good way to analyze and solve a more complex problem with some structure provided. It would have been nice to have had a machine learning component as well, but that would have likely made the course even longer and more difficult to grade. This capstone project did give me a data product that I have already demonstrated in an interview.

By Roberto D

Jun 21, 2017

This course was very challenging. It resembled a real world task, where an idea is presented and it is up to the user to research methods and processes for the best outcome.

By Malgorzata

Sep 06, 2017

Great way to "summarize" the specialization.

By Pierre B

Sep 08, 2017

Great course, I learned a great deal about data science. The course is well structured and provide a great overview of the requirement and possibilities of data science.

By Nirav D

Jul 03, 2016

I loved doing the capstone project for the Data Science specialisation. I applied all the skills I learnt during the length of the specialisation on Coursera. Having completed this project, I feel more confident about my skills as a data scientist in solving real world problems.

By Benjamin S

Apr 19, 2018

Great times! It took me almost four years to get through this!! I had a child, sold a house, went to graduate school in statistics and I'm about to graduate. The DSS classes gave me a lot of great tips for graduate school and really cool reports, apps, ideas to show off to potential employers. Just got to get that job now!!

By Vikram P

Nov 30, 2017

Ultimate course and great learning experience!

By Ramy H

Jan 28, 2018

Extremely difficult and barely any material shared. but quite fun when you complete the project after all the challenges.

By Andria H

Apr 27, 2017

This course created by John Hopkins was designed for thinkers

By Abdelbarre C

Jan 09, 2018

Thanks

By Parmida B

Sep 12, 2017

Awesome specialization! Super happy to be done with 100% on all the courses and 95% on the capstone. I would love to be a part of this great team, maybe as a mentor. Thank you to all the instructors for great lectures and to mentors who helped with the forums.

By Pier L P

Jun 08, 2016

Great way to build up knowledge & experience ....

A challenge considering the actual time needed for the Capstone project... but worth every single effort.

By Zhen ( W

May 13, 2016

I had no experience in natural language processing before I took this course, and now I'm kind of in love with it! Some of my fellow learners complained about the new data type and little information provided, but I feel this is a good simulation of real world experience as a data scientist! The field is constantly changing, so we have to be ready to cope with unfamiliar problems and come up with creative solutions. Due to other commitments, I was once 3 weeks behind the weekly deadlines, but finally poured all my efforts into this and deployed an App in time... You never know how much you can accomplish before you are forced to do a "Mission Impossible" ;-) I think I've improved my hacking + googling skills, and built more confidence over completion of this course. Thank you, JHU and Coursera!

By Pietro D