Back to Building Database Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Database Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, we'll look at the object oriented patterns available in PHP. You'll learn how to connect to a MySQL using the Portable Data Objects (PDO) library and issue SQL commands in the the PHP language. We'll also look at how PHP uses cookies and manages session data. You'll learn how PHP avoids double posting data, how flash messages are implemented, and how to use a session to log in users in web applications. We'll then build the first 'complete' application that has multiple screens to Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) our data. This brings all the previous concepts together and will form the basis for all later web applications. It is assumed that learners have already taken the Building Web Applications course in this specialization....

AA
Jun 29, 2018

Awesome course, I think anyone who wants to do web app stuff should try this. Although it would a little difficult to go through the autograder, but believe me, It's worth it. Dedication is the key.

KA
Apr 29, 2020

The best online course I have done. Very thorough and possibly a little bit challenging for begginers. You have to put in some work and follow carefully. Very well made assignments. Thank you!

51 - 75 of 212 Reviews for Building Database Applications in PHP

By Shubham N

Sep 3, 2019

Best Course For Database using PHP and you will learn a lot using assignments. Thank You sir, For this informative Course.

By Juan M R

Jul 4, 2018

This course will show you how to work on database in php from a basic way of thinking.And basic means the real god base.

By James K

Sep 7, 2020

Learned a lot, very practical course covering the basics of PHP, lots more to learn but this is a great place to start.

By Anit A

Jul 6, 2018

This course is very nice as it helps to understand the basic of building the functional logic of any web application!!

By david r

Jul 29, 2019

i think if we tought of how create a class object would make this course best.

but overal fantastic and well presented

By Krzysztof W

Nov 16, 2018

More challenging than the previous two but really rewarding. Now I can design and maintain basic CRUD applications.

By Ravi S R C

Jul 3, 2020

This is an excellent course. Experienced lectures, far good and easy to understand.

Once again , Dr.Chuck ROCKS!!!!

By Rafael D C J

Sep 5, 2020

Probably the best one from the specialization, Dr. Chuck really know when and how to bring everything together.

By Jeroen N

Jul 14, 2019

Another highly educational class by the University of Michigan, presented by the entertaing Charles Severance!

By Manuel C

Apr 7, 2019

It was a really fun course to learn and it was exactly what I was looking for! Would recommend it to a friend!

By Juan D V P

Dec 27, 2020

Curso muy completo sobre construción de aplicaciones web con PHP, se tocan temas con MVC, CRUD, GETs y POSTs

By Wouter S

Jun 25, 2020

Really insightful and I enjoyed the excersices. The autograder takes some work, but made it work in the end.

By Zakria H

Sep 13, 2019

i thing it is a very useful course to learn binding PHP with database and make the important validation and

By GoLyrical

Jul 5, 2018

This makes my evrything super easy.Thank you to Dr.Chuck for very good explaiantion.I am glad to having you

By RAKSHIT G L

Mar 19, 2018

This course was AMAZING! It literally got me interested in web development and PHP! Thank you Dr. Chuck! :)

By Kevin S

Nov 23, 2021

This class has really helped me in my understanding of PHP and MySql. Dr. Chuck is an amazing instructor.

By Daniel A O C

Jan 29, 2019

Very happy. This course teaches you exactly what it says, and the complex concepts are easily explained.

By henry h

Feb 11, 2018

I really enjoyed this class. I not only learned more PHP, but I learned about databases and mySQL.

By Elias Z D

Oct 8, 2020

Really Wonderfull and usefull course, I learned a lot on using PHP and join it with SQL database.

By Muhammad W U Z

Nov 8, 2018

Excellent Course.

Complete PHP information / guidelines were provided including security measures.

By Brandon A

Aug 29, 2018

Very thorough an worth the time to invest in. The last assignment for CRUD brings it together.

By Alexis R

Sep 12, 2020

Extremely well done and comprehensive course on how to make websites interact with databases.

By Tahsin M

Aug 24, 2020

After completing 3 long courses finally I feel that I know a lot of stuffs about PHP and web.

By nasri k

Jun 6, 2020

if i will be a computer science and i invent programming language i

I will call it dr chuck

By Vincent B

Aug 3, 2020

Really great course ! Really interesting, learn a lot about using database with php !