Back to Building Database Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Database Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, we'll look at the object oriented patterns available in PHP. You'll learn how to connect to a MySQL using the Portable Data Objects (PDO) library and issue SQL commands in the the PHP language. We'll also look at how PHP uses cookies and manages session data. You'll learn how PHP avoids double posting data, how flash messages are implemented, and how to use a session to log in users in web applications. We'll then build the first 'complete' application that has multiple screens to Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) our data. This brings all the previous concepts together and will form the basis for all later web applications. It is assumed that learners have already taken the Building Web Applications course in this specialization....

AA
Jun 29, 2018

Awesome course, I think anyone who wants to do web app stuff should try this. Although it would a little difficult to go through the autograder, but believe me, It's worth it. Dedication is the key.

LN
Jun 17, 2020

Fantastic courses that does a fantastic job of pulling everything together that we learned in the PHP (course 1) and SQL (course 2) courses of the Web Applications for Everyone specialization.

51 - 75 of 183 Reviews for Building Database Applications in PHP

By Zakria H

Sep 13, 2019

i thing it is a very useful course to learn binding PHP with database and make the important validation and

By Hasnat K

Jul 5, 2018

This makes my evrything super easy.Thank you to Dr.Chuck for very good explaiantion.I am glad to having you

By RAKSHIT G L

Mar 19, 2018

This course was AMAZING! It literally got me interested in web development and PHP! Thank you Dr. Chuck! :)

By Daniel A O C

Jan 29, 2019

Very happy. This course teaches you exactly what it says, and the complex concepts are easily explained.

By henry h

Feb 11, 2018

I really enjoyed this class. I not only learned more PHP, but I learned about databases and mySQL.

By Elias Z D

Oct 8, 2020

Really Wonderfull and usefull course, I learned a lot on using PHP and join it with SQL database.

By Muhammad W U Z

Nov 8, 2018

Excellent Course.

Complete PHP information / guidelines were provided including security measures.

By Brandon A

Aug 29, 2018

Very thorough an worth the time to invest in. The last assignment for CRUD brings it together.

By Alexis R

Sep 12, 2020

Extremely well done and comprehensive course on how to make websites interact with databases.

By Tahsin M

Aug 24, 2020

After completing 3 long courses finally I feel that I know a lot of stuffs about PHP and web.

By nasri k

Jun 6, 2020

if i will be a computer science and i invent programming language i

I will call it dr chuck

By Vincent B

Aug 3, 2020

Really great course ! Really interesting, learn a lot about using database with php !

By SRIKAKOLAPU N S S B

Sep 24, 2020

very happy to take the course it is very informative course. Thank you sir, Dr.Chuck

By Ana G V F

Aug 5, 2020

An excellent course to learn how to use PHP with databases!! Highlly recommended!!

By Andreas K

Dec 16, 2018

Excellt course and intro to the topic. And I loved Doc Severin's style. Thanks.

By Michelle C

Oct 20, 2020

Great course. Finally learned some best practices after years of mis-using PHP

By Maximillian O

Dec 8, 2017

Excellent course on hooking up PHP with MySQL, server interaction and routing.

By Hamza A E

Oct 24, 2018

Amazing course! Easy to understand and straight to the most important points.

By Sabiha T S

Jul 21, 2020

It was really an awesome course! Thanks to Dr-Chuck <3! Lots of love <3 <3

By Lars W

Sep 17, 2020

Great course for starting programming clean PHP code with databases.

By Hasan E

Sep 17, 2020

Super amazing course!

many many thanks to dr.Chuck for his efforts

By Bimal T M

Jun 7, 2020

this was one of the best course i had taken.CRUD part was awesome

By Iakovos M

Jan 10, 2018

It is the perfect way to dig into the php and sql interconnection

By Mahmoud

Jan 10, 2018

As expected , AWESOME , thank you COURSERA , thank you Dr.chuck

By Yurii P

Nov 25, 2018

Very good tasks for course. The lessons are well structured.