Back to Data Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Learn the general concepts of data mining along with basic methodologies and applications. Then dive into one subfield in data mining: pattern discovery. Learn in-depth concepts, methods, and applications of pattern discovery in data mining. We will also introduce methods for pattern-based classification and some interesting applications of pattern discovery. This course provides you the opportunity to learn skills and content to practice and engage in scalable pattern discovery methods on massive transactional data, discuss pattern evaluation measures, and study methods for mining diverse kinds of patterns, sequential patterns, and sub-graph patterns....

MK

Apr 06, 2018

Good course, very well structured and with interesting assignments. Some (especially first) lessons are more of a general culture but most are very helpful and allow to learn a lot of things.

JM

Jun 04, 2016

I found the class to be very informative. The assignments on creating charts and graphs for large data sets were practical and helped me understand the concepts taught in the course.

26 - 50 of 237 Reviews for Data Visualization

By Rui S

Sep 23, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. It gives very insights on useful knowledge, and opens the door to dig deeper into more specific knowledge, but is also possible to understand the concepts and succeed on the assignments without deep previous knowledge on programming or linear algebra.

By Sheng-Qi S

May 22, 2017

Wonderful course! Open a new window to me. Appreciate it professor Hart.

This course helps me a lot. I first heard there are so many things to think over considering data visualization. From human to computer, numerical to non-numerical, biology to aesthetics, chart to graph.

By Alexandre M B

Jun 24, 2016

I started this training with great anticipation by the central theme (Data Mining) and was surprised with an excellent training on data visualization. The richness of detail and material supply should inspire other training also the Coursera I have accomplished.

By Matas U

Feb 04, 2018

Really nice course, finally got a chance to dig into some big datasets and see for myself what kind of challenges arise by trying to communicate information to users. I found it to be very useful first step toward getting deeper understanding on data mining.

By Driselda P S

Apr 05, 2018

It is a wonderful course, I really learned a lot, even to use R. I just modified the peer review to something tha give us more feedback, it could be from peers too but with open questions that allow comment the work the others and get better feedback

By Oscar D G N

Jun 08, 2016

It is a really interesting course that help you know how you should use any kind of data and discern the type of data you are using to visualize and provide information that could help you make decisions or understand behaviors easily.

By Tony D S

Jun 06, 2018

This is an excellent course. The lecture topics were relevant and the course was well organized. The programming assignments fit well with the course objectives. I highly recommend this class to anyone creating data visualizations.

By Yiran L

Jan 20, 2018

Excellent Course. Give me a good understanding of how to visualize data to make it clear and fit the user's need. And the assignments is also useful. I learned how to use D3 to generate the data using Javascript and D3 library.

By Muhammad T S

Sep 14, 2019

Even though it is from a Computer Science background, the course is designed to engage learners of diverse background. The activities and lectures are well-designed and interesting. Great experience and highly recommended!

By Ivan S

Oct 02, 2017

The course is great because it covers lots of ideas in a nutshell. I thought I had known a lot but apparently many things I was missing. I have a more solid picture of how to present data in a more effective way.

By Hafidz J L

May 05, 2018

This course give me framework of thinking about how to create proper visualization. Very recommended for you who want to understand the visualization thinking, but does not has so much time to read related books.

By Anandapadmanabhan.G

Feb 22, 2018

The Course is excellent and gives good overview on the concepts and best practices of Data Visualization. The Assignments are quite interesting and help in enhancing your knowledge on the topic. Well Done !!

By michael f

Dec 29, 2019

a really great introduction to data visualization that is the perfect balance between providing information for data visualization and freedom to use your preferred visualization tools or learn new ones.

By Arpit S

Aug 04, 2017

this is my first course from coursera and its very experance after taken this course

i an very bringnner this course help me lot to take further path towords the data science and data mining

thanks sir

By Dinuka M D Z

May 17, 2018

Loved every lecture in this course as the content was presented clearly in a very well organized manner. This course teaches you the fundamentals you need to know about the field of Data Visualization.

By John M

Jun 04, 2016

By Zaid O

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you for this amazing course, for.me the most enjoyable and amazing tool for this course is how encouraging me to find real life data repository and learn how to visualize it.

By narumon t

Jul 28, 2019

I don't have knowledge of computer or programming but with this great instruction, I am able to challenge myself to learn new thing and finish the course. Thank you very much.

By Syed A M

Dec 15, 2016

One of the excellent courses I have ever studied. Professor style of teaching is very soft and simple, point to point and very clear. I have given 100 out 100 marks.

By Russ B

Dec 12, 2019

Good conceptual introduction, plus some hands on assignments that will increase the chances that you continue to create visualizations of the data you work with.

By Abhisek J

Aug 10, 2016

Excellent opportunity to understand Data Visualization. I loved the home work given in the course, very unique and creative. Lot's of scope to cultivate an idea.

By Abhishek s

Mar 09, 2020

This course provides me a good understanding of how to visualize data, how to display data, how to perceive data. Best knowledge for data visualization.

By Alex S

Nov 07, 2016

This is a great course. I highly recommend this course if you are looking to better visualize your data for an audience, and how people perceive graphs.

By S P R

Apr 15, 2020

It was a very enriching experience. Coursera is such a nice platform for learners.

Very good lectures. I am thankful for the team and the Instructor.

By teddy m

Jun 26, 2016

It is an excellent course under data mining specialization. Going for it will be definitely a great investment in terms of education.

Teddy Muchape.